or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 154

post #2296 of 10586
If you want to look formal (I question the need and functionality of a black suit to begin with), I think it's not going to work. Could it look good if done right, but more casually? Maybe.
post #2297 of 10586
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewStyleGuy07 View Post
 

Would color 8 Aldens such as the unionmade ones substitute for black in a wardrobe or does color simply take the place of brown shoes? I've already got a pair of brown kudu Alden boots and had been looking for a black boot to add some versatility.

 

If color 8 can do the same job, I may shift to looking at them instead.....


I personally don't think color 8 works well with black, especially as it lightens over time.  It pairs well with navy, grey & dark browns.

Black shell is fantastic by the way.

post #2298 of 10586
Quote:
Originally Posted by budapest12 View Post

If you want to look formal (I question the need and functionality of a black suit to begin with), I think it's not going to work. Could it look good if done right, but more casually? Maybe.

Thanks. It's a all black wedding so I had to go out and buy a black suit as well. It really sounds like black is the way to go for that. No escape. So I browsed B&S just now and found a pair:D
post #2299 of 10586
Quote:
Originally Posted by gilby View Post

Those may just be the perfect boot.

+1 Mike, I never comment on your shoes because well, I'd be commenting every day. Like saying great shot every time Steph Curry makes a 3. But these are fantabulous.
post #2300 of 10586
Sorry you have to endure another Whiskey LHS shot but it's 85 here today.
post #2301 of 10586
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdubs View Post

Thanks. Yeah, that will be a great boot!
Yeah, CitiShoes is a frequently forgotten store here, but they have a lot of cool makeups.

-Mike

Thanks to Mike, I read your NYC blog and marked on Goolge maps all the stores you recommended, I happened to be very close to CitiShoes so I had to stop by. I also visited AoM, less cool make up there but also a nice store.
post #2302 of 10586
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdubs View Post
 

Alden Ravello WT Boots.

Epaulet Smokey Blue Heavyweight Flannel Walt Trousers.

 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

 

 

-Mike

 

These are superb, IMO ravello is the best shade of cordovan. Its unfortunate that they are so difficult to acquire. This is the only piece of ravello I've got my hands on yet..

 

post #2303 of 10586
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabru View Post
  Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

These are superb, IMO ravello is the best shade of cordovan. Its unfortunate that they are so difficult to acquire. This is the only piece of ravello I've got my hands on yet..

 

 

Ravello is so inconsistent though. I think more so than any other color that Alden offers.

I have Ravello that looks like Whiskey, Color 4, and Cigar.

post #2304 of 10586
I agree, the iterations in Whiskey and Ravello colors in particular. I just acquired a #8 that looks like Cigarish. I personally like the variations in color from light to dark on all Shell. Artisan US Made. You don't like.. Enjoy your Cole Haans...
post #2305 of 10586

LS Choco Tankers for tanker Tuesday

 

post #2306 of 10586
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don L View Post

LS Choco Tankers for tanker Tuesday





So these are cool as hell... Next time! Thanks for the image in my brain... Dang
post #2307 of 10586
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don L View Post
 

LS Choco Tankers for tanker Tuesday

 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

Love that you wear your suede in snow.  Your a better man than me.

post #2308 of 10586
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabru View Post

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
These are superb, IMO ravello is the best shade of cordovan. Its unfortunate that they are so difficult to acquire. This is the only piece of ravello I've got my hands on yet..

this is is why I bought a #4 wallet - easy and I get to use it every day smile.gif
post #2309 of 10586
I guess a few of us were in NYC the last few days. I hit up Leffot, Epaulet and AoM. Sadly no purchases. I should have hit Citishoes! That collection looked great.

To demonstrate the versatility of Color 8. WTBs with a navy suit...


... And with denim (needed to pack for both my conference and going out later for dinner)
post #2310 of 10586
Quote:
Originally Posted by HenryIII View Post

I guess a few of us were in NYC the last few days. I hit up Leffot, Epaulet and AoM. Sadly no purchases. I should have hit Citishoes! That collection looked great.

To demonstrate the versatility of Color 8. WTBs with a navy suit...


... And with denim (needed to pack for both my conference and going out later for dinner)
Henry, outstanding example of a versatile boot. Dress it up, dress it down. You take the prize.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.