Same if i could get a 3E (Barrie).
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicAdvicetagged by LA Guy, 1/3/16
- brandAldentagged by LA Guy, 1/3/16
- itemAlden Black Balmoral Shell Cordovan Cap Toe Oxfordtagged by LA Guy, 1/3/16
- itemAlden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toetagged by LA Guy, 1/3/16
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwingtagged by LA Guy, 1/3/16
- itemAlden Indy Boot 403 Brown Chromexceltagged by LA Guy, 1/3/16
- itemAlden Indy Boot 405tagged by LA Guy, 1/3/16
- itemAlden Ravello Shell Long Wing Bluchertagged by LA Guy, 1/3/16
- itemAlden Sand Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/3/16
- itemAlden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/3/16More
- categoryFootweartagged by LA Guy, 1/3/16
- topicShell Cordovantagged by LA Guy, 1/3/16
- topicSizingtagged by LA Guy, 1/3/16
Related Forum Threads
- ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. Last post on 1/1/16 at 11:06am in Streetwear and Denim
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 1/2/17 at 8:22pm in Classic Menswear
- Alden Black Shell Cordovan Penny Loafer Full Strap Aberdeen Single Leather 12D Last post on 7/19/15 at 2:40pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- 7/11 Drops #4 Shell Cordovan Alden Saddle Shoes, Alden pebble grain, BB bucks Last post on 7/29/11 at 4:24am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- Alden Modified Last: If You Wear, or are Interested, Please Read Last post on 11/20/16 at 5:42am in Classic Menswear
The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
Last edited: 2/1/16
- Can the Waistband from Selvedge Jeans be taken in?Last edited: 1/27/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 146post #2177 of 117932/6/16 at 5:20ampost #2178 of 117932/6/16 at 5:22ampost #2179 of 117932/6/16 at 5:29ampost #2180 of 117932/6/16 at 5:30ampost #2181 of 117932/6/16 at 6:19amQuote:Originally Posted by StrangeJeremy
Sole question: We're starting to plan our Alden make-ups for the year. I don't like the plantation crepe sole much, but I'm not my customers.
We're talking about a tobacco reverse chamois PTB as one make-up but going in circles on the sole. I was thinking double-waterlock, but could be convinced otherwise.
Anyone got an opinion on this?
I agree with the others: commandopost #2182 of 117932/6/16 at 7:11ampost #2183 of 117932/6/16 at 7:16amQuote:Originally Posted by z8k1n
Breaking these beasts in Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Absolutely ridiculous boots! Amazing find. Thanks for sharing them with us and I love that they're out in the wild!Quote:Originally Posted by HenryIII
A little snowy today, so Color 8 WTBs
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Nice! Which makeup is this?
I'm in the market for a king WT boot on commando. Idc so much what last. Barrie or Plaza is fine. How do you like these? Are they a dress boot or an everyday type boot for you?Quote:Originally Posted by gilby
First time out for my reverse chamois boots. So far I'm very pleased.
I was on the preorder for the black calf grain boots on the grant last from Leffot but have since come
to the realization that the grant last just doesn't work for my foot. Leffot was nice enough to transfer my
deposit over to these greenwich boots. Very happy with their customer service. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
1. Leffot is awesome.
2. Great boots! Thanks for sharing some shots. I can't wait for the similar boot I'm waiting on from Yenni at B+M! You wear them well... enjoy.
3. Leffot is awesome.Quote:Originally Posted by gilby
The Grant last does have a narrower toe box than the Barrie but I find from the ball of the foot back it has more volume.
I have a narrow heel and lower arch and the Grant just doesn't seem to work for me. Going TTS yields a good fit
in the toe box but way to much volume in the heel and arch. I've tried tongue pads and inserts but have come to the
realization that it's not the best last for me. The Barrie last fits me great 1/2 size down and the Plaza works TTS.
If you have a narrow heel and low in-step (I do as well), I've found this last is a challenge. I wear a 10C/D TTS. In the Barrie last, 9.5C works well on shoes or boots I plan to wear with dress socks. A 9.5D is fine when I'm getting a commando sole and boot socks are the plan. In Plaza, I go 10C or 10D with the same logic in mind.
The Grant last, however, I have in 10D and even with thick boot socks it feels a little sloppy on the fit from the heel to the ball but mostly in the waist of the shoe. The toe box is perfect. I haven't tried a 10C but I'm afraid that with thick boot socks it will be too close in the toe. The Grant last may just not be for me. I have two boots on it that I love and still wear them, but I will go with literally any other last moving forward. That isn't meant to discount the Grant last - I'm bummed because in my opinion it's the nicest aesthetically.
It seems to me the trick is the combo last. On a C-width Barrie, I'm actually using an A-width heel. Or B-width heel on a D-width. Maybe @mdubs has some sizing advice on non-combo lasts.
Edited by chrisefi - 2/6/16 at 9:29ampost #2184 of 117932/6/16 at 7:20am
This is more of a shoe care question, but I wanted the opinion/perspective of folks here. The topic is brushing.
I brush my shoes before and after wearing them. Before wearing to bring up the luster a bit and after to ensure there isn't any dirt/etc. that is going to sit on the shoe and stain it or leech the leather. I think the 30 seconds or so of light brushing I'm doing around them is fine unless someone has insight.
But brushing leather like CXL and shell is often recommended as the primary care - wipe with a wet cloth and brush. For how long? Are we talking 5 minutes? More? Is there such a thing as too much brushing? Any particular technique? (I'm brushing with light pressure about 1/4 to 1/3 of the way into the bristles).
Thanks in advance!post #2185 of 117932/6/16 at 7:21ampost #2186 of 117932/6/16 at 7:39amQuote:
I wish I wasn't so damn anal with my stuff so that I would not care about shoe creases, scratches on my watches and door dings etc. Makes it harder to enjoy stuff. It's been my goal to care less about that stuff.post #2187 of 117932/6/16 at 7:56ampost #2188 of 117932/6/16 at 8:00ampost #2189 of 117932/6/16 at 8:13amQuote:
I kind of shoot the gap - I take the best care of my old BMW, my shoes, etc. as I can, and I enjoy the process of detailing my car and caring for my shoes. But the world is a random place - stuff happens. Cars are meant to be driven, shoes are meant to be worn and that is going to take a toll. Enjoy the ride.post #2190 of 117932/6/16 at 8:17amQuote:
I have one, it works well. I use it on occasion if I want a pair to look the best they can, I enjoy the process. But I quite like the worn in look, and no matter how perfect I can condition and deer bone and the like, all the creases come right back as soon as I step onto the street which is not a bad thing.
This thread is locked
- The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
- Can the Waistband from Selvedge Jeans be taken in?
- › OFFICIAL President Trump Thread 1 minute ago
- › things that are making you happy 1 minute ago
- › Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? 3 minutes ago
- › Stephan Schneider. You'll Always Find Me In The Kitchen At Parties. 6 minutes ago
- › Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos 7 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 7 minutes ago
- › Vintage Dress shoe appreciation, tips, maintenance and advice 7 minutes ago
- › Formula 1 - F1 - Current Season Discussion 8 minutes ago
- › What Movies Are You Watching Lately 10 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 10 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...