or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 139

post #2071 of 10483
I think he approves of the gunboats.

0f1c5b94ef57e87633004e989f7c5f1c.jpg




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #2072 of 10483
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by stylect View Post

I guess the second one didn't upload: Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

If you are trying to go with a dress boot, the NST with the darker edge is more formal than the Plaza Medallion CT Boots. The Plaza Boot is definitely a lot more unique whereas you can get that NST Boot relatively easily. Frankly, either way you are in a win-win situation. Also, you can darken the edges and welt rather easily on the Plaza Boot if you wanted to dress it up even more. Most consider the Plaza due to the more chiseled toe to be Alden's most formal last, especially since their Black Patent Leather Dress Balmoral is on the Plaza Last.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M635Guy View Post

Stomping around in the WTB's today... Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

They are looking absolutely lovely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burzan View Post

Whiskey Wednesday
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)


Your Whiskey PTBs are looking great and even better with those well paired slacks.

-Mike
post #2073 of 10483
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClassyCanuck View Post

I think he approves of the gunboats. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
0f1c5b94ef57e87633004e989f7c5f1c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Him and I both. Looking good!

-Mike
post #2074 of 10483

So I went on Grailed due to my man Burzan the Alden enabler in my life much love.  I was split towards Longwings and Wingtips but I wear a lot of denim so I pushed towards Longwings.

 

 

 

 

 

 

$235. Including the shoe trees and shipping.

post #2075 of 10483


Epaulet Innsbruck Indys in NTLCXL
More Details (Click to show)
J Crew Heavyweight Flannel
Iron Heart 633 21oz denim
Grand Seiko SBGA057 on Leffot cordovan strap
post #2076 of 10483

^ Perfect.

post #2077 of 10483
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by bantone View Post

So I went on Grailed due to my man Burzan the Alden enabler in my life much love.  I was split towards Longwings and Wingtips but I wear a lot of denim so I pushed towards Longwings. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)











$235. Including the shoe trees and shipping.

Congrats on your purchase. Sounds like you made the right choice and it sounds like you got a good deal. Enjoy them in good health.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenLeaman View Post

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

Epaulet Innsbruck Indys in NTLCXL
More Details (Click to show)
J Crew Heavyweight Flannel
Iron Heart 633 21oz denim
Grand Seiko SBGA057 on Leffot cordovan strap

Looking good Ben. Nice boots and nice combo. That's some heavy denim.

-Mike
post #2078 of 10483
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenLeaman View Post
  Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)


Epaulet Innsbruck Indys in NTLCXL More Details (Click to show)
J Crew Heavyweight Flannel
Iron Heart 633 21oz denim
Grand Seiko SBGA057 on Leffot cordovan strap

@BenLeaman Surprised the repeated shock from the impact of the axe into the trees doesn't affect the GS's accuracy... ;) 

post #2079 of 10483

https://www.taylorstitch.com/collections/active-workshop-products/products/the-longwing-in-natural-shell-cordovan

 

If you are itching for a reasonably priced natty shell LWB, here ya go. Not Alden, but for the cost...solid option. 

post #2080 of 10483
Quote:
Originally Posted by breck81 View Post

https://www.taylorstitch.com/collections/active-workshop-products/products/the-longwing-in-natural-shell-cordovan

If you are itching for a reasonably priced natty shell LWB, here ya go. Not Alden, but for the cost...solid option. 

not a bad price with the 20% off.

there's too much vamp space though
post #2081 of 10483
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akeem View Post


not a bad price with the 20% off.

there's too much vamp space though

I agree about the vamp.

post #2082 of 10483
A little snowy today, so Color 8 WTBs

post #2083 of 10483
Maiden voyage. That whole one-in-one-out didn't last through 2016.



post #2084 of 10483
Quote:
Originally Posted by budapest12 View Post

^ Perfect.

Thanks, it's a favorite combo of mine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdubs View Post

Looking good Ben. Nice boots and nice combo. That's some heavy denim.

-Mike

3/5 of the year denim, things get awfully sticky during those other 2/5!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tifosi View Post

@BenLeaman
 Surprised the repeated shock from the impact of the axe into the trees doesn't affect the GS's accuracy... wink.gif  

Nothing can affect the GS accuracy! Spring Drive FTMFW!
post #2085 of 10483
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrick_b View Post

Maiden voyage. That whole one-in-one-out didn't last through 2016.




Too HOT to spoil !
Beautiful.

Alden of Madison?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.