Happy I bought them in black. Can't wait to get my pair. Thanks for the pics!
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicAdvicetagged by LA Guy, 1/3/16
- brandAldentagged by LA Guy, 1/3/16
- itemAlden Black Balmoral Shell Cordovan Cap Toe Oxfordtagged by LA Guy, 1/3/16
- itemAlden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toetagged by LA Guy, 1/3/16
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwingtagged by LA Guy, 1/3/16
- itemAlden Indy Boot 403 Brown Chromexceltagged by LA Guy, 1/3/16
- itemAlden Indy Boot 405tagged by LA Guy, 1/3/16
- itemAlden Ravello Shell Long Wing Bluchertagged by LA Guy, 1/3/16
- itemAlden Sand Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/3/16
- itemAlden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/3/16More
- categoryFootweartagged by LA Guy, 1/3/16
- topicShell Cordovantagged by LA Guy, 1/3/16
- topicSizingtagged by LA Guy, 1/3/16
Related Forum Threads
- ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. Last post on 1/1/16 at 11:06am in Streetwear and Denim
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 1/2/17 at 8:22pm in Classic Menswear
- Alden Black Shell Cordovan Penny Loafer Full Strap Aberdeen Single Leather 12D Last post on 7/19/15 at 2:40pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- 7/11 Drops #4 Shell Cordovan Alden Saddle Shoes, Alden pebble grain, BB bucks Last post on 7/29/11 at 4:24am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- Alden Modified Last: If You Wear, or are Interested, Please Read Last post on 11/20/16 at 5:42am in Classic Menswear
The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
Last edited: 2/1/16
- Can the Waistband from Selvedge Jeans be taken in?Last edited: 1/27/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 125post #1862 of 117931/30/16 at 4:43amQuote:Originally Posted by mdubs
Finally, here is my footwear worn from yesterday and today.
Alden Cigar Cap Toe Balmoral. Hampton Last. CitiShoes. 2001.
Marcoliani Navy Argyles OTC.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Great Odin's raven! Fantastic shade of cigar. Outstanding!post #1863 of 117931/30/16 at 6:02am
I could not resist the 3/4 Brogue #8 Plaza boot, when Uncle Ed called me on the tele I caved. They will be here in about 5 months...
I guess the first time around they did not do E widths but are getting a special shipment in...
Thanks.post #1864 of 117931/30/16 at 6:56amQuote:
Thanks - I did not convert the edges, but have noticed a few other pairs floating around with a dark welt and an antique edge. I'm not totally sure, but I know this pair of Ravello Chukkas had a dark welt and antique edges back when @rydenfan was selling them a while ago - perhaps he could shed some light on whether this was originally dark welt + antique edge or whether he converted them at some point.post #1865 of 117931/30/16 at 7:00amQuote:
Congrats. Can we start calling this the "mdubs" boot in honor of @mdubs contribution in getting it made?
I'm thinking I might get one in black.post #1866 of 117931/30/16 at 7:21ampost #1867 of 117931/30/16 at 7:50amQuote:
The black really is incredible! Congrats Mike. Btw, your chukkas are gorgeous. The Barrie last always looks so svelte in your sizepost #1868 of 117931/30/16 at 8:16am
Interest check for Leffot's Brown Alpine Grain Wingtip Boot, 8D Barrie Last. I waited 6 months for this pre-order and since then I've acquired some similar boots. Offering them here for $525. PM if interested.
Edit: To clarify, these boots just shipped.post #1869 of 117931/30/16 at 8:54ampost #1870 of 117931/30/16 at 9:05amQuote:
So good!! Kicking myself that I didn't jump on these when Ed called a few years back in regards to the Shoe Mart run.... Especially in light of how dark Cigar has gotten.post #1871 of 117931/30/16 at 9:15amQuote:Originally Posted by mdubs
These have been slowly introduced here over the past few weeks, but I am happy to share with you more pictures of what I like to call the "Semi-Brogue Boot".
Made by TheShoeMart on the Plaza Last in both a dressy Black Shell Cordovan and its fun Color 8 Shell Cordovan on Antique Edge cousin.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Black Shell Cordovan
More pictures and thoughts:
Color 8 Shell Cordovan (with Antique Edge Dressing)
More pictures and thoughts:
Mike, both pairs are super. Great make uppost #1872 of 117931/30/16 at 10:12ampost #1873 of 117931/30/16 at 10:17ampost #1874 of 117931/30/16 at 10:18amQuote:
I would start with down a half size and a D width, because if that works for you finding makeups down the road will be a lot easier.post #1875 of 117931/30/16 at 10:19amThread StarterQuote:
For every last, I have found that everyone has a good fit and then a perfect fit. From my extensive trying on of sizes, I have found that sizing down I get a good fit, but by going down a width, I get my absolutely best fit.
The conventional wisdom is to size down on the Barrie Last one length, I personally go down a width. I determined this by doing the "blind taste test" in which I tried on a ton of shoes without knowing the size and having a purely unbiased assessment of my fit.
Based upon the purely conventional wisdom, 11D would be the best starting place, but Mike's advice is to go into a store that stocks a whole slew of sizes and just try on until you feel the one...
This thread is locked
- The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
- Can the Waistband from Selvedge Jeans be taken in?
- › Stephan Schneider. You'll Always Find Me In The Kitchen At Parties. 3 seconds ago
- › OFFICIAL President Trump Thread 1 minute ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 1 minute ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 2 minutes ago
- › Robert Geller Richard Jacket Black 44 5 minutes ago
- › vendor Things Boat Neck Shirt Black Denim 1 6 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2017 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice,... 7 minutes ago
- › NFL 2016-17 Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 8 minutes ago
- › Our Legacy Antra Liner Jacket Charcoal 46 8 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...