or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 118

post #1756 of 10638
Quote:
Originally Posted by tifosi View Post

Anyone loving the green reverse chamois "Greenwich" boots Leffot just dropped??? 


 



Those are very unique for sure. I'd love to see how it ages. Also I noticed they went with the flat welt on this version. I think Yenni's tobacco are supposed to be flat as well.
post #1757 of 10638

Naval boot maiden voyage.

post #1758 of 10638
No filters. Just eggplant.

post #1759 of 10638

Does anybody size differently in Barrie for CXL vs shell? Say I comfortably wear 8.5 in CXL. How would a 9 fit in shell? Slightly looser? Almost exactly the same?

 

Based on the notion that CXL will stretch some, but I've heard shell won't...

post #1760 of 10638
Quote:
Originally Posted by sazon View Post

No filters. Just eggplant.
  Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

Fantastic shade!  Love the brass eyelets.

post #1761 of 10638
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwanon View Post

Does anybody size differently in Barrie for CXL vs shell? Say I comfortably wear 8.5 in CXL. How would a 9 fit in shell? Slightly looser? Almost exactly the same?

Based on the notion that CXL will stretch some, but I've heard shell won't...

I personally would get same size in both. It's true that cxl will stretch more than shell. However I believe shell is a bit roomier to begin with because they can't pull the leather over the last as tightly when making the shoe. (Heard this from someone at C&J).
post #1762 of 10638
Quote:
Originally Posted by rydenfan View Post
 


I would instakop if I didn't have these

 

 

@rydenfan  Those are great.  Carmina?

post #1763 of 10638
^ EG Galways.
post #1764 of 10638
Quote:
Originally Posted by budapest12 View Post

^ EG Galways.

Correct. Galway on 64 last in Loden suede
post #1765 of 10638
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwanon View Post

Does anybody size differently in Barrie for CXL vs shell? Say I comfortably wear 8.5 in CXL. How would a 9 fit in shell? Slightly looser? Almost exactly the same?

Based on the notion that CXL will stretch some, but I've heard shell won't...

can't imagine the leather stretching difference would be enough to justify a different size.
post #1766 of 10638
Quote:
Originally Posted by mosy View Post


I personally would get same size in both. It's true that cxl will stretch more than shell. However I believe shell is a bit roomier to begin with because they can't pull the leather over the last as tightly when making the shoe. (Heard this from someone at C&J).

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by makewayhomer View Post


can't imagine the leather stretching difference would be enough to justify a different size.

 

Hoping against hope...

Thanks for the advice!

post #1767 of 10638
I would have kopped Leffot's Greenwich if I wasn't expecting Yenni's boot any day now!
post #1768 of 10638
Quote:
Originally Posted by makewayhomer View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwanon View Post

Does anybody size differently in Barrie for CXL vs shell? Say I comfortably wear 8.5 in CXL. How would a 9 fit in shell? Slightly looser? Almost exactly the same?

Based on the notion that CXL will stretch some, but I've heard shell won't...

can't imagine the leather stretching difference would be enough to justify a different size.

It depends on the fit. I fit into an 11.5D Barrie lasted boot in shell, but a CXL version ends up pressing against my toes uncomfortably when I walk.

I can wear an 11D in Barrie in shell (just barely), but I tried a CXL unlined dover from the seconds list and there was just no way.

I think it depents on the width and height of your toes,and if the shape of the leather after the last is removed contracts enough to get in the way.
post #1769 of 10638
Quote:
Originally Posted by TO Tie Guy View Post

I would have kopped Leffot's Greenwich if I wasn't expecting Yenni's boot any day now!

Maybe I can get Yenni to run a green version with hooks. Then I'd be in...

post #1770 of 10638
Quote:
Originally Posted by tifosi View Post
 

Maybe I can get Yenni to run a green version with hooks. Then I'd be in...

 

You could just have the top 5 eyelets converted to hooks on the Leffot boot by a cobbler?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.