Recent Images In This Thread
- topicAdvicetagged by LA Guy, 1/3/16
- brandAldentagged by LA Guy, 1/3/16
- itemAlden Black Balmoral Shell Cordovan Cap Toe Oxfordtagged by LA Guy, 1/3/16
- itemAlden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toetagged by LA Guy, 1/3/16
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwingtagged by LA Guy, 1/3/16
- itemAlden Indy Boot 403 Brown Chromexceltagged by LA Guy, 1/3/16
- itemAlden Indy Boot 405tagged by LA Guy, 1/3/16
- itemAlden Ravello Shell Long Wing Bluchertagged by LA Guy, 1/3/16
- itemAlden Sand Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/3/16
- itemAlden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/3/16More
- categoryFootweartagged by LA Guy, 1/3/16
- topicShell Cordovantagged by LA Guy, 1/3/16
- topicSizingtagged by LA Guy, 1/3/16
Related Forum Threads
- ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. Last post on 1/1/16 at 11:06am in Streetwear and Denim
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 1/2/17 at 8:22pm in Classic Menswear
- Alden Black Shell Cordovan Penny Loafer Full Strap Aberdeen Single Leather 12D Last post on 7/19/15 at 2:40pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- 7/11 Drops #4 Shell Cordovan Alden Saddle Shoes, Alden pebble grain, BB bucks Last post on 7/29/11 at 4:24am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- Alden Modified Last: If You Wear, or are Interested, Please Read Last post on 11/20/16 at 5:42am in Classic Menswear
The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
Last edited: 2/1/16
- Can the Waistband from Selvedge Jeans be taken in?Last edited: 1/27/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 2post #16 of 117931/1/16 at 10:25ampost #17 of 117931/1/16 at 10:32ampost #18 of 117931/1/16 at 11:15amThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by MrDV
ravello sw x leather soul
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Those LS specials are absolutely glorious DV! Wear them in good health throughout 2016!Quote:Originally Posted by budapest12
Nice new digs. Happy New Year to all. Started the year off walking the kiddies in these:
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Great looking NST boots! Terrific way to start 2016 off!
-Mikepost #19 of 117931/1/16 at 11:19ampost #20 of 117931/1/16 at 11:22amThread Starter
Starting off 2016 with Ravello and Hand-Stitching...
Alden Ravello Shell Cordovan NST Bluchers. Aberdeen Last. TheShoeMart.
Marcoliani Argyles OTC.
Epaulet Cedar Lavender Check Rivet Chinos.
-Mikepost #21 of 117931/1/16 at 11:23ampost #22 of 117931/1/16 at 11:24amThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by TommyB
Fantastic first post in the new thread, @mdubs!
Happy New Year, everybody!Quote:
Thanks Gents! Have a safe, happy, and prosperous 2016!
-Mikepost #23 of 117931/1/16 at 11:30am
i'd like to share two recent acquisitions, both on the plaza last. pardon the dust and noob photo skills.
The NSTs are lovely and i can't wait to wear them...Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
The wingtips are amazing as well...Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
but I will be giving them up due to the flaws pictured below. This is my 14th pair of Alden (all firsts) and only the first pair i have received with notable flaws.Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I was offered the option to send back to Alden for repair of the scratches and nails, but on principle I cannot accept a repaired boot at this cost. Something to consider when purchasing from leffot is that there are generally no returns, even for a defective pair. Props to them for working with me in this instance.post #24 of 117931/1/16 at 11:59amThread StarterThe Plaza NSTs are just a perfect pairing. I think the Plaza Last is the best looking last with the NST stitch pattern. I have a pair of those and love them.
The Leffot WT Boots are just superb. I am sorry about the damage on your boots. Leffot is a top notch retailer and will take care of their customers.
-Mikepost #25 of 117931/1/16 at 12:24pmpost #26 of 117931/1/16 at 12:25pmpost #27 of 117931/1/16 at 12:27pm
Happy New Year!
Picking up from where I left off on the old thread, I am still in the market for my first pair of cordovan Aldens. I had previously mentioned that I was looking into the 975s, but the 4070 straight tip boots that Alden SF has caught my eye. I am really digging the look of the 4070s compared to the 4060s. The barrie last, 360 degree welt and speed hooks are small details, but seem to really transform the boot into a more casual, less formal boot (which is a big plus for me). I feel like the 975s are a more logical choice, but the boots are really calling my name...post #28 of 117931/1/16 at 12:40pmCode:
Ensign crusher- just kidding! Sounds like you are leaning towards the boots over the 975s which you will probably acquire next. I say go with the 4070 Bc it seems it will make you happy 😄. Then sooner than you think you'll find yourself ordering the 975! It's just how it seems to happen!post #29 of 117931/1/16 at 12:47pmpost #30 of 117931/1/16 at 1:01pmQuote:Originally Posted by Wesley Crusher
Happy New Year!
Picking up from where I left off on the old thread, I am still in the market for my first pair of cordovan Aldens. I had previously mentioned that I was looking into the 975s, but the 4070 straight tip boots that Alden SF has caught my eye. I am really digging the look of the 4070s compared to the 4060s. The barrie last, 360 degree welt and speed hooks are small details, but seem to really transform the boot into a more casual, less formal boot (which is a big plus for me). I feel like the 975s are a more logical choice, but the boots are really calling my name...
Get what you want, what you like, and what suits your taste. 975 is very popular and deservedly so but I have 8 pairs of Aldens and no 975s - and almost definitely won't ever get myself a pair bc they're not for me (or rather, there are many things I personally prefer). There is no right or wrong.
This thread is locked
- The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
- Can the Waistband from Selvedge Jeans be taken in?
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 31 seconds ago
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 57 seconds ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2017 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice,... 3 minutes ago
- › The Uniqlo Thread 4 minutes ago
- › The official John Elliott B&S&T thread 4 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 4 minutes ago
- › Boots Boots Boots - For Boot Guys Only 5 minutes ago
- › Aubercy Shoes - My Best Paris Experience 6 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 6 minutes ago
- › The Home Ownership Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...