or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 97

post #1441 of 10803
Quote:
Originally Posted by AliMurtaza View Post
 

Trying my Barrie last PTB that arrived today from TSM. This is my second Alden purchase after the Wingtip Blucher last week. Now time to confirm my Barrie Tanker and Grant Captoe boot MTOs with Alden Madison and Alden DC :)

 

Ali, I really dig those boots! I ordered the exact same pair on Wednesday to replace my new Leather Soul Pitt Boots which were just a bit too snug across the vamp to justify keeping. I was super excited when the FedEx truck pulled up to the house this morning before the blizzard kicked in. Unfortunately, my pair of boots has what I consider to be a major flaw. The cordovan on the inner upper of the right boot has physically separated from the leather lining, leaving a massive 5-inch "bubble" on the exterior of the boot. I don't really know how to explain it. But it's really obvious. Here's a pic:

 


At first glance it looks like the cordovan is merely rippled/rolled from being in the box, but when I press on that area it physically depresses like it's floating above the inner lining. No way that baby will ever sit even remotely flat. The thing that really rubs my bits the wrong way is that TSM included a "Thank you for your order" card stating that the pair was physically inspected before leaving the shop. The card also states that they won't re-stock if there is evidence of try-on, etc. They even went to the length of signing/initialing the card by hand. Clearly, nobody looked at these. 

 

Please let me be clear -- I have had great past experience with The Shoe Mart. I was fortunate enough to score Cigar Indys, black wingtip boots, black ptbs, and a sweet pair of calfskin boots from TSM, all in pristine condition. This pair, however, is a joke. Unfortunately they don't have another pair of 9D for exchange. I've e-mailed Ed and am waiting to hear back from him. 

 

Alden, you fickle son of a gun. Why must I covet your shoes/boots despite your shoddy QC and disregard for what leaves the factory?!

 

Ali, you must be the standard bearer. Forge on!

post #1442 of 10803
Quote:
Originally Posted by AliMurtaza View Post

Trying my Barrie last PTB that arrived today from TSM. This is my second Alden purchase after the Wingtip Blucher last week. Now time to confirm my Barrie Tanker and Grant Captoe boot MTOs with Alden Madison and Alden DC smile.gif




Wow, these look great. TSM just got them in right?
post #1443 of 10803
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironclad View Post

Ali, I really dig those boots! I ordered the exact same pair on Wednesday to replace my new Leather Soul Pitt Boots which were just a bit too snug across the vamp to justify keeping. I was super excited when the FedEx truck pulled up to the house this morning before the blizzard kicked in. Unfortunately, my pair of boots has what I consider to be a major flaw. The cordovan on the inner upper of the right boot has physically separated from the leather lining, leaving a massive 5-inch "bubble" on the exterior of the boot. I don't really know how to explain it. But it's really obvious. Here's a pic:





At first glance it looks like the cordovan is merely rippled/rolled from being in the box, but when I press on that area it physically depresses like it's floating above the inner lining. No way that baby will ever sit even remotely flat. The thing that really rubs my bits the wrong way is that TSM included a "Thank you for your order" card stating that the pair was physically inspected before leaving the shop. The card also states that they won't re-stock if there is evidence of try-on, etc. They even went to the length of signing/initialing the card by hand. Clearly, nobody looked at these. 

Please let me be clear -- I have had great past experience with The Shoe Mart. I was fortunate enough to score Cigar Indys, black wingtip boots, black ptbs, and a sweet pair of calfskin boots from TSM, all in pristine condition. This pair, however, is a joke. Unfortunately they don't have another pair of 9D for exchange. I've e-mailed Ed and am waiting to hear back from him. 

Alden, you fickle son of a gun. Why must I covet your shoes/boots despite your shoddy QC and disregard for what leaves the factory?!

Ali, you must be the standard bearer. Forge on!

That's is a real bummer. This should have not left the factory. Further, the person signing the card at TSM should have picked it up immediately. I am really sorry. I think TSM get one pair in each size/width. I think you may have to wait for some time now to get the replacement.
post #1444 of 10803
Quote:
Originally Posted by postal007 View Post

Wow, these look great. TSM just got them in right?

Yes, they appeared earlier this week on the website.
post #1445 of 10803
Quote:
Originally Posted by AliMurtaza View Post


That's is a real bummer. This should have not left the factory. Further, the person signing the card at TSM should have picked it up immediately. I am really sorry. I think TSM get one pair in each size/width. I think you may have to wait for some time now to get the replacement.


You are correct, my friend. One pair in each size. 

post #1446 of 10803
Thread Starter 
I suppose I should send these in for new heels.





I wear them a ton doing quick stuff where I don't feel like tying shoes. :-)

-Mike
post #1447 of 10803
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReppTiePrepster View Post

Sweet boots Ali... really tempted to snag a pair of these myself.

They are really nice. I was contemplating ordering another color 8 after buying a WTB earlier and placing two boot MTOs with Alden DC and Madsion in the same color. But couldn't resist the temptation after TSM had them in C width smile.gif
post #1448 of 10803
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdubs View Post

I suppose I should send these in for new heels.

Dubs, no self-respecting Mayor would be caught dead in those. Get on it!

post #1449 of 10803
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironclad View Post
 

Dubs, no self-respecting Mayor would be caught dead in those. Get on it!

 

LoL. I wear them a lot to walk the dog around the block... We go about 2.5 miles every evening, so these get their milage in...

 

-Mike

post #1450 of 10803
Quote:
Originally Posted by chipshot View Post

Fantastic photo's today of all the unique Alden makeup's .. Saz gets my vote for "Boot of the Day". Really a Classic I'd like to aquire one day. #8 Indy Truebalance Double Leather soles. Very nice Saz.

Thanks dude ! Humbled !
post #1451 of 10803

Maiden voyage Leffot navy suede LWB
post #1452 of 10803
Mike LHS love.. Kinda says it all.. Good to see a well worn Alden from Mikey.. Love the snuff suede. How's the flex sole .. akin to BB LHS unlined sole?
post #1453 of 10803
Okay.. after all these years not really knowing/understanding the admiration of the Indy Boot #8. Saz's post today is going to probably push me over the edge. My question is, are they hand stitched around the vamp or not. I've read soo much about the iteration's of Indy, I need assistance. I personally like the hand stitched with a slight raise in the stitch over machine stitched. Either or I am not that knowledgable of this model. But.. I am warming up to it.. Thanks Mucho for any advice.
post #1454 of 10803
I believe they only started hand stitching the vamps on shell models a few years ago.
post #1455 of 10803
Ahh .. Thanks Pepper..
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.