Just take the ones you already have to a cobbler and get a new sole put on (or a rubber top piece).
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicAdvicetagged by LA Guy, 1/3/16
- brandAldentagged by LA Guy, 1/3/16
- itemAlden Black Balmoral Shell Cordovan Cap Toe Oxfordtagged by LA Guy, 1/3/16
- itemAlden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toetagged by LA Guy, 1/3/16
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwingtagged by LA Guy, 1/3/16
- itemAlden Indy Boot 403 Brown Chromexceltagged by LA Guy, 1/3/16
- itemAlden Indy Boot 405tagged by LA Guy, 1/3/16
- itemAlden Ravello Shell Long Wing Bluchertagged by LA Guy, 1/3/16
- itemAlden Sand Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/3/16
- itemAlden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/3/16More
- categoryFootweartagged by LA Guy, 1/3/16
- topicShell Cordovantagged by LA Guy, 1/3/16
- topicSizingtagged by LA Guy, 1/3/16
Related Forum Threads
- ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. Last post on 1/1/16 at 11:06am in Streetwear and Denim
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 1/2/17 at 8:22pm in Classic Menswear
- Alden Black Shell Cordovan Penny Loafer Full Strap Aberdeen Single Leather 12D Last post on 7/19/15 at 2:40pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- 7/11 Drops #4 Shell Cordovan Alden Saddle Shoes, Alden pebble grain, BB bucks Last post on 7/29/11 at 4:24am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- Alden Modified Last: If You Wear, or are Interested, Please Read Last post on Yesterday at 6:50 am in Classic Menswear
The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
Last edited: 2/1/16
- Can the Waistband from Selvedge Jeans be taken in?Last edited: 1/27/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 94post #1396 of 117931/22/16 at 6:54ampost #1397 of 117931/22/16 at 6:55amQuote:Originally Posted by parkman24
Boston is about to get hit with some snow this weekend! Good thing I have a pair of these Indy boots
Morning walk with the dog in these boots!
Gentlemen, please provide some feedback in regards to the differences between the Commando vs. Neocork sole. I am a tad bit saddened I could not find this boot with the Commando sole - I've heard that it provides great traction during the winter. If I am simply walking through sidewalks and such, will the Neocork sole be enough to get by the winter? I'm hoping that these boots will be good enough of a winter boot for this season
I'd agree with the guys here that Neo-cork, while very comfy, is not very useful in ice & snow. It's pretty dangerous actually.
While the commando sole is much better, I actually find it to be not sufficient for medium to large snow & ice situations here in NY/NJ. I reach for heavy duty commando soles on my red wings or oak streets when old man winter plays rough.post #1398 of 117931/22/16 at 6:56amQuote:
There are plenty of Indy boot options with commando soles other than brown CXL......kudu, smooth chamois, reverse chamois, brown cow hide, country grain calf, natural CXL.....you should be able to find something similar but slightly different by doing some research and having a little patience finding the right make up.post #1399 of 117931/22/16 at 7:14ampost #1400 of 117931/22/16 at 7:28amQuote:
It will slightly, but for the most part Alden's commando sole is very sleek.
But to echo the others, I would only wear a boot with the commando sole if it were light snow/slush. Anything heavier, and I always grab some red wings or bean boots.post #1401 of 117931/22/16 at 7:29amQuote:
Alden's Commando sole is probably one of the lowest profile ones I've seen offered from shoemakers of comparable quality. They will not be noticeable to 90% of the people who see you wearing them. Besides, any lugged sole looks fine on an Indy Boot IMO.post #1402 of 117931/22/16 at 7:34ampost #1403 of 117931/22/16 at 7:36amQuote:
I would recommend the Kudu Indy with the Lug sole, not the commando. It has a much better sole for the big storms. There are a lot of Alden stores that carry it.
Stevepost #1404 of 117931/22/16 at 7:46am
Do any retailers make a wingtip boot on the plaza last besides Leathersoul and Leffot's Greenwich boot? Even LS and Leffot's are in black/color 8, and I'm looking for a lighter color, perhaps ravello shell or even dark tan calf.post #1405 of 117931/22/16 at 7:49ampost #1406 of 117931/22/16 at 7:50ampost #1407 of 117931/22/16 at 8:09amQuote:
I think that's the real point. Don't worry about the profile if you're talking about an Indy boot. A big rubber sole looks fine.
at the same time it's not going to look huge. I happen to be wearing my Ultimate Indy's with Commando. here you go. (these get very little love, shoe trees sometimes, sometimes polishing, wear in any weather etc)post #1408 of 117931/22/16 at 8:21amQuote:
Toppy your neocork one - I have a pair that has a toppy and it works greatpost #1409 of 117931/22/16 at 8:26amQuote:
J Gilbert has a #8 on plaza. Yenni and Brick and Morter has a few on plaza but not shell that I'm aware of. A navy cxl for sure and maybe some calf makeups. If your looking for plaza makeups. Yenni is who to go to.post #1410 of 117931/22/16 at 8:28amQuote:Originally Posted by csmitty
J Gilbert has a #8 on plaza. Yenni and Brick and Morter has a few on plaza but not shell that I'm aware of. A navy cxl for sure and maybe some calf makeups. If your looking for plaza makeups. Yenni is who to go to.
I'll definitely inquire with Yenni and see what's available, thank you!
This thread is locked
- The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
- Can the Waistband from Selvedge Jeans be taken in?
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part two (Rolex, Patek Philippe, ... 5 seconds ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 37 seconds ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget – Carmina, John Lobb, Enzo Bonafè, Carlos Santos,... 40 seconds ago
- › *** The official PATRIK ERVELL thread *** 1 minute ago
- › RM Williams Boots - Everything You Wanted to Know 2 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 3 minutes ago
- › Kent Wang - Affiliate thread 3 minutes ago
- › Formula 1 - F1 - Current Season Discussion 7 minutes ago
- › patrickBOOTH's Third-of-Life Crisis and (Mostly) Self-Imposed... 7 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 10 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...