or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 92

post #1366 of 10475
PSA for the 10.5 barries - Leather Soul Ravello barrie shortwings at a reasonable BIN price. Half size too big for me or they'd be mine.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Alden-for-Leathersoul-Ravello-Shell-Cordovan-Shortwings-10-5-D-11-D-JCrew-/272111371656?&_trksid=p2056016.m2516.l5255
post #1367 of 10475
Unconventional for a suit, but snow and ice on the ground, so went with Color 8 WTBs on Commando.

post #1368 of 10475
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSO1 View Post

So I've been on a bit of a good streak lately, and have been able to snag a lot of my favorite makeups. More details on all of them in a comprehensive post this weekend, but for now, enjoy these, which arrived today.

Ravello Chukkas! These have an incredibly nice shade of Ravello, from 2012.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)


Hot damn!
post #1369 of 10475
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLW View Post
  Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

Sure thing!

Scratch


Warped brogue (looks like a footprint)


Welts


Shoddy brogueing (this is the least severe of all of them for sure)


Needle hole


These were brand new, first quality from a trusted Alden seller, mind you. I would honestly expect better from Meermin or Jack Erwin. I have six Aldens already, so I know that this is (or at least has been) out of the norm.

Anyone else seen something like this? Esp. with shell?

 

The streched broguing is the wrost I've ever seen and those boots indeed shouldn't be sold as first quality, not even second IMO.

 

Did you get those boots from Leffot or second hand from other? Just contact Leffot and return them.

post #1370 of 10475
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevefok View Post

The streched broguing is the wrost I've ever seen and those boots indeed shouldn't be sold as first quality, not even second IMO.

Did you get those boots from Leffot or second hand from other? Just contact Leffot and return them.
Not Leffot but another big Alden retailer. They will be going back in the mail tomorrow. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't crazy.
post #1371 of 10475

Thanks so much for the responses guys.  I have those two shoes because of you and your blog! Now I am waiting on Ravello LWB... :)

post #1372 of 10475
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLW View Post


Not Leffot but another big Alden retailer. They will be going back in the mail tomorrow. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't crazy.

 

Arh...didn't see the medallion. I guess it's from TSM? It's tough to send back such a great boots but you certainly don't want that quality.

post #1373 of 10475
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevefok View Post

Arh...didn't see the medallion. I guess it's from TSM? It's tough to send back such a great boots but you certainly don't want that quality.
Damn you guys are really good. Yep, it is indeed TSM. Damn near perfect design but... oh well
post #1374 of 10475
Quote:
Originally Posted by HenryIII View Post

Unconventional for a suit, but snow and ice on the ground, so went with Color 8 WTBs on Commando.

Henry. With snow or ice I say throw out the no blucher with suit rule! Looking good!
post #1375 of 10475
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjschube View Post

Now I am waiting on Ravello LWB... smile.gif

That is one makeup I would love as well. Does anyone know where to get on a wait list?
post #1376 of 10475
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLW View Post


Damn you guys are really good. Yep, it is indeed TSM. Damn near perfect design but... oh well

 

Cause I am tempting on the same boots as well....:lol:

post #1377 of 10475


I'm on the wait, wait list with Brick and Mortar in case somebody backs out. I would call Yenni now and just put your name down for the next run. You could get really lucky with Alden of Carmel but you would have to get incredibly lucky...It's happen to me once so not impossible!  That's how I got the Cigar PTB, just the right call, to the right place, at the right time. 

post #1378 of 10475
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAMOR View Post

alden for leathersoul ravello shell cordovan swb

http://www.styleforum.net/t/516645/alden-for-leathersoul-ravello-shortwings-10-5-d



alden for unionmade color 8 shell cordovan boot

http://www.styleforum.net/t/516647/alden-for-unionmade-halleck-8-wingtip-boots-10-5-d

These are both so tempting!!
post #1379 of 10475
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLW View Post

Damn you guys are really good. Yep, it is indeed TSM. Damn near perfect design but... oh well

Thanks. I talked Ed into doing those... Yeah, hard to pull a fast one on us... ;-)

I got both the Black and 8 model, but they don't come until Tuesday.

-M
post #1380 of 10475
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdubs View Post

Thanks. I talked Ed into doing those... Yeah, hard to pull a fast one on us... ;-)

I got both the Black and 8 model, but they don't come until Tuesday.

-M
Lovely design, but you might want to tell him to double-check Alden's QC next time rotflmao.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.