Recent Images In This Thread
- topicAdvicetagged by LA Guy, 1/3/16
- brandAldentagged by LA Guy, 1/3/16
- itemAlden Black Balmoral Shell Cordovan Cap Toe Oxfordtagged by LA Guy, 1/3/16
- itemAlden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toetagged by LA Guy, 1/3/16
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwingtagged by LA Guy, 1/3/16
- itemAlden Indy Boot 403 Brown Chromexceltagged by LA Guy, 1/3/16
- itemAlden Indy Boot 405tagged by LA Guy, 1/3/16
- itemAlden Ravello Shell Long Wing Bluchertagged by LA Guy, 1/3/16
- itemAlden Sand Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/3/16
- itemAlden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/3/16More
- categoryFootweartagged by LA Guy, 1/3/16
- topicShell Cordovantagged by LA Guy, 1/3/16
- topicSizingtagged by LA Guy, 1/3/16
Related Forum Threads
- ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. Last post on 1/1/16 at 11:06am in Streetwear and Denim
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 4/17/16 at 2:48pm in Classic Menswear
- Alden Black Shell Cordovan Penny Loafer Full Strap Aberdeen Single Leather 12D Last post on 7/19/15 at 2:40pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- 7/11 Drops #4 Shell Cordovan Alden Saddle Shoes, Alden pebble grain, BB bucks Last post on 7/29/11 at 4:24am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- Alden Modified Last: If You Wear, or are Interested, Please Read Last post on 9/18/16 at 2:38pm in Classic Menswear
The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
Last edited: 2/1/16
- Can the Waistband from Selvedge Jeans be taken in?Last edited: 1/27/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 80post #1187 of 93061/18/16 at 11:44pmThread Starterpost #1188 of 93061/19/16 at 1:04amQuote:Originally Posted by mdubs
Suggest that you hang in there a few hours till some of the East Coasters wake up. Pretty sure some folks like @rydenfan have experience with Trickers and Alden.
Yup. Solid advice. A few more data points might help you hone in a bit more.post #1189 of 93061/19/16 at 1:23ampost #1190 of 93061/19/16 at 4:15ampost #1191 of 93061/19/16 at 5:19amQuote:
These have about 20-30 wears. I picked them up for half price which makes them even better. The creasing is to be expected with unlined cxl but overall I'm pleased with how they're holding up.post #1192 of 93061/19/16 at 5:31amQuote:
I have a pair of well worn CXL Dovers, but no recent pics, @Wesley Crusher . I can get a few for you.post #1193 of 93061/19/16 at 5:38amQuote:Originally Posted by chrisefi
I am a huge fan of these boots! I have the DC version as well. However every time I see the Barrie AoM version, I think how great they look on that last too. This would actually be one I'd buy both versions in a heartbeat.
You wear them well. Enjoy!
Thanks! I probably could have ended up with both. AoM had my size available when they released them and I almost pulled the trigger but decided to wait for Kathy's (even though I was 4th on the list and didn't think I had a shot). But sure enough a few days later she asked if I wanted them. I put them away around 11pm after a quick brush and sure enough the next morning the bloom had already started again.post #1194 of 93061/19/16 at 6:12amQuote:
I wear 10.5US Barrie and 9UK or 9.5UK in 4444 and 9.5UK, maybe 10UK, in other Tricker's lasts.
The 4444 is a really voluminous last. Even with the 9UK, I have plenty of volume but length starts to be an issue.
You should try the 7 US Barrie.post #1195 of 93061/19/16 at 7:16am
- Viberg Shell Cordovan 1035 last Colour8
- White's boots Shell Cordovan Color8
- Alden X Leffot Naval boot Shell Cordovan Color8
- Alden X Anatomica Neoprene Shell Cordovan Color8
- Alden X Leather Soul PTB Cigar Shell Cordovan
- Alden X TSM Indy boots Cigar Shell Cordovan
- Alden DC Captoe Ravello Shell Cordovanpost #1196 of 93061/19/16 at 7:42am
Happy Tuesday gentlemen!
We received some good snow Saturday through Sunday here in Boston. I believe the long winter has finally begun here in New England. I received my new color #8 cordovan perforated tip balmoral oxford as well! Sprayed some leather defender on it with today being the maiden voyage. Photo below:
I find that the Hampton last is quite similar in fit/size to the Aberdeen last. However, the Hampton is not as sleek as the Aberdeen in my opinion (Hampton last a little bit wider).
Hope you gentlemen have a great day - stay warm!
Cheers.post #1197 of 93061/19/16 at 8:18ampost #1198 of 93061/19/16 at 8:29ampost #1199 of 93061/19/16 at 8:34amA few weeks ago I picked-up these shoes, mostly out of curiosity, as they seemed to combine shell and grain together... an uncommon make-up.
It was suggested that I contact Alden and see what they thought. So I did. I emailed Alden, and they responded requesting some additional pics of the shoe lining, and this morning they responded that the shoes were a special make-up and they are alpine grain and #8 cordovan, Barrie last, long wing.
I wouldn't have guessed #8, thought maybe a Ravello, but the mystery is solved.post #1200 of 93061/19/16 at 8:47am
- Can the Waistband from Selvedge Jeans be taken in?
- › NIKE Thread 42 seconds ago
- › "What I'm Selling on eBay" - member auctions 1 minute ago
- › OFFICIAL Trump v. Clinton Debate Thread 4 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 5 minutes ago
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 6 minutes ago
- › S.E.H Kelly 6 minutes ago
- › TOM FORD blazer near mint 46R Euro wool mohair Mulberry silk... 7 minutes ago
- › Why Hillary will be the next POTUS 9 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 9 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 10 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...