Absolutely, he is a treasure!
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicAdvicetagged by LA Guy, 1/3/16
- brandAldentagged by LA Guy, 1/3/16
- itemAlden Black Balmoral Shell Cordovan Cap Toe Oxfordtagged by LA Guy, 1/3/16
- itemAlden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toetagged by LA Guy, 1/3/16
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwingtagged by LA Guy, 1/3/16
- itemAlden Indy Boot 403 Brown Chromexceltagged by LA Guy, 1/3/16
- itemAlden Indy Boot 405tagged by LA Guy, 1/3/16
- itemAlden Ravello Shell Long Wing Bluchertagged by LA Guy, 1/3/16
- itemAlden Sand Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/3/16
- itemAlden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/3/16More
- categoryFootweartagged by LA Guy, 1/3/16
- topicShell Cordovantagged by LA Guy, 1/3/16
- topicSizingtagged by LA Guy, 1/3/16
Related Forum Threads
- ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. Last post on 1/1/16 at 11:06am in Streetwear and Denim
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 4/17/16 at 2:48pm in Classic Menswear
- Alden Black Shell Cordovan Penny Loafer Full Strap Aberdeen Single Leather 12D Last post on 7/19/15 at 2:40pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- 7/11 Drops #4 Shell Cordovan Alden Saddle Shoes, Alden pebble grain, BB bucks Last post on 7/29/11 at 4:24am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- Alden Modified Last: If You Wear, or are Interested, Please Read Last post on 9/18/16 at 2:38pm in Classic Menswear
The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
Last edited: 2/1/16
- Can the Waistband from Selvedge Jeans be taken in?Last edited: 1/27/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 68post #1007 of 94391/14/16 at 4:50pmpost #1008 of 94391/14/16 at 4:51pmpost #1009 of 94391/14/16 at 4:54pmSome folks were discussing the old AE MTO option a few days ago. I happened onto what I think was a very recent Reddit thread where the AE CEO stated the MTO program would be back in 2016.
To bring it back to Alden, I think we are about 4 or so weeks from the B&M reverse chamois wt boot. Also congrats to those who got in on the grant lasted color 8 cordovan wt boot w/ antique edge.post #1010 of 94391/14/16 at 5:00pmQuote:Originally Posted by bahlsdheep
Crappy cell phone pic of my suede wing-tip boots on the Barrie last. Bought these probably four years ago (first pair of Aldens), but never really give them as much wearing time as they deserve.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Glad to be part of the thread and see some of you guys'amazing collections.
They deserve more wearing! What shade of suede is that and is the sole double leather?post #1011 of 94391/14/16 at 5:20pmWarning: Spoiler! (Click to show)Quote:Quote:
Without a doubt, you are the winner of today Sir. fantastic collection.post #1012 of 94391/14/16 at 5:22pmpost #1013 of 94391/14/16 at 5:23pmpost #1014 of 94391/14/16 at 5:57pmQuote:Originally Posted by JR Magat
Yes, it very much is Alden world problems. When I first got hooked I was lusting over the Leffot 8 tanker & color 8 / antique edges was somewhat rare, but lately it seems like all color 8 makeups are with antique edging. I guess we just want what we can't have :)
BTW, it's more like 36-48 months for those LS Pitt boots
That is an absurd wait. With that long of a wait, why not go with a different brand? With C&J, Carmina, and Enzo amongst others, it's not like there's a shortage of options.post #1015 of 94391/14/16 at 6:04pmQuote:Originally Posted by mdubs
Ravello on Tuesday. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
great one two punch dubs. sweet bluchers.Quote:Originally Posted by ReppTiePrepster
Thanks @MrDV! I've been meaning to tell you that your day-by-day categorized family pics were incredible. They were a daily reminder of all of the most sought-after makeups in 10D and 10.5D, that I lost out to you and @mdubs! I couldn't imagine two nicer people that consistently beat me to the punch.
I suppose I shouldn't complain about missing out on great make-ups though. I've been lucky on several occasions.
thank you for the kind words my friend.Quote:
fantastic family pictures prez. lets see them boots.
exactly! somehow makes dinner taste better.post #1016 of 94391/14/16 at 6:28pmpost #1017 of 94391/14/16 at 7:09pmpost #1018 of 94391/14/16 at 7:13pmpost #1019 of 94391/14/16 at 8:01pmpost #1020 of 94391/14/16 at 8:13pm
Here is my previous post yesterday regarding a question about Alden Indy sizing
I went to a nearby store to try them on again. I only tried the 7.5D but not the 8D as they didn't have it in stock at the store I went to.
The ball of my foot near my pinky toe is between the first and second eyelet. You can see my foot pushing out from there. The ball of my foot near my big toe is above where the quarter meets the toe box area. The foot feels tight across the vamp, but I can move and wiggle all my toes completely. You can also see the slight creases on the vamp. Those were caused by me. Compared to last time, I tightened the shoe laces tight.
I'm wearing Darn Tough Full Cushion Boot Socks but I've also ordered their normal Cushion Socks. I have not tried their normal cushion socks with this size
I would love to order from The Shoe Mart, but I am going to be doing a preorder for the Innsbruck Indy, so I won't be able to return them. Any thoughts on 7.5D and 8D? I am leaning toward the 8D. Thank you!
I was curious, what are some signs of a shoe being too small? I apologize for these newbie questions, but I am new to quality shoes.
- Can the Waistband from Selvedge Jeans be taken in?
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 25 seconds ago
- › TUXEDO MEGATHREAD NEW Ralph Lauren Black Label Peak Lapel Tuxedo... 27 seconds ago
- › Church's Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 3 minutes ago
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 3 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing,... 4 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 5 minutes ago
- › How many miles did you run today? 6 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 7 minutes ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 8 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...