I got a great deal on a Filson medium duffle on Gilt on Black Friday -- 15% off + another 40% off. Unfortunately, I mistakenly had the dang thing shipped to my old address and couldn't intercept it or change delivery address.
So it was sent back to Gilt and automatically refunded and I lost out on the discount. Gilt won't resell it to me at the same price.. sigh.
While I would've liked the Filson, I admittedly hate that it has no exterior or interior pockets at all. So maybe this is a fortunate mistake? :)
Looking for suggestions on a duffle bag that would be good for 2-4 days of travel, reasonably fashionable, durable and extra bonus points if it allows me to pack a blazer and dress shirts better. Looking to stay <$450.
- Filson Medium Duffle: $345. Seems to be one of the gold standard bags, will last a lifetime. DIslike lack of pockets and the medium size might be way too big (24" long), but the small ($285) might be too small at 18"?
- Filson Meridian Duffle: $495. In between the small and medium standard Filson duffles and solves my gripes with lack of pockets. However, seems way overpriced at $495 and it uses their thinner "tin cloth" fabric.
- Filson Pullman - $445. No dimensions on the site but from reviews it seems like it will be oversized. Most people say it's good for international 7+ days of travel and biggest complaint is that it's too heavy. Also, at $445, on the pricey side (although it's $410 at Zappos). There is a small size one too, but I haven't found any reviews on it (nor dimensions).
- Filson 48 hour duffle - $395. Exterior pockets, seems like the right size.
- Filson Heritage Sportsman - $360. Love the D-shaped bag opening, much better for access and easier to pack than the standard straight duffle zipper. Downside is that it looks too outdoorsy for me.
- Hook and Albert Weekender - $395. Love the design to be able to pack a blazer and shirts, but at $395 and no reviews I can find, I'm skeptical. Also, the way the carry handles are attached to the bag doesn't inspire long term confidence.
- Worton Weekender - $325. Just stumbled across this, know very little about it. Great simple style.
- Red OXX Air-Boss - $255. The same 'pullman' style like the Filson mentioned above. While it's not going to win for looks and the least stylish of everything mentioned above, when it's in the all black configuration, it's reasonable (but debatable). Definitely choosing function over style. The reviews are glowing for this thing (e.g. here, here and this 5 part review) and it also is great for packing blazers and dress shirts better than standard duffels.
What else should I be considering?