or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF DEC 14, 2015
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF DEC 14, 2015 - Page 5

post #61 of 73
Hey guys, new to the site so hope I'm posting this in the correct thread. I would just like to ask if anyone would know where I could buy this tie, I saw it in an interview David Tennant did on the late show recently and fell in love but can't seem to find it anywhere, any help with this would be great smile.gif


post #62 of 73

Suit Supply vs Moss Bros, which one is generally more reliable in terms of quality/price for online purchases?

post #63 of 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suntory View Post
 

Suit Supply vs Moss Bros, which one is generally more reliable in terms of quality/price for online purchases?

I'd neve heard of Moss Brothers until I saw you bring it up in a few different places on this board.  They appear to be a completely shit company geared towards people who wish to by fashion foward "skinny suits".

I own one piece from Suit Supply.  Quality is good.  

post #64 of 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by colco View Post
 

I'd neve heard of Moss Brothers until I saw you bring it up in a few different places on this board.  They appear to be a completely shit company geared towards people who wish to by fashion foward "skinny suits".

I own one piece from Suit Supply.  Quality is good.  

Awesome, I'll go for Suit Supply. 

post #65 of 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by colco View Post

[...]

I own one piece from Suit Supply.  Quality is good.  

 

Some is, some isn't.  Their cloth is quite variable in quality and durability from everything I've read.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suntory View Post

[...]

Awesome, I'll go for Suit Supply. 

 

Do some reading here first if you can:

 

http://www.styleforum.net/t/250682/suitsupply-nyc/11055#post_8236883

 

Cheers,

 

Ac

post #66 of 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by Academic2 View Post
 

 

Some is, some isn't.  Their cloth is quite variable in quality and durability from everything I've read.

 

 

Do some reading here first if you can:

 

http://www.styleforum.net/t/250682/suitsupply-nyc/11055#post_8236883

 

Cheers,

 

Ac

I was referring specifically to the one SuSu item that I own.

post #67 of 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by colco View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Academic2 View Post
 

 

Some is, some isn't.  Their cloth is quite variable in quality and durability from everything I've read.

 

 

Do some reading here first if you can:

 

http://www.styleforum.net/t/250682/suitsupply-nyc/11055#post_8236883

 

Cheers,

 

Ac

I was referring specifically to the one SuSu item that I own.

 

Exactly.  That's why I'm advising the poster not to generalize from a sample of one but rather to check out the thread devoted to SS. 

 

Cheers,

 

Ac

post #68 of 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by Academic2 View Post
 

 

Exactly.  That's why I'm advising the poster not to generalize from a sample of one but rather to check out the thread devoted to SS. 

 

Cheers,

 

Ac

Understood.  I just wasn't sure having re-read it whether it seemed that I was suggesting an across the board claim of quality as I didn't intend to.  

post #69 of 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by colco View Post
 

Understood.  I just wasn't sure having re-read it whether it seemed that I was suggesting an across the board claim of quality as I didn't intend to.  

No need to please him, your message was pretty reasonable.

post #70 of 73

Questions for suits:


Athletic build: Slim suit? or Regular/Classic fit?


If I'm 5 foot 5 and 140 lbs with a good physique (not too big), can I still wear slim fit suits? or would they look weird on me?


For short men, what's better a one button suit/blazer? or two button?


If I'm ordering a slim suit, do I always have to get a slim notch lapel with it? Or can is it normal to get a regular sized notched lapel with a slim suit?

 

 

If there's anything else I need to know about suits or especially slim suits fitting short 5 foot 5 skinny yet athletic build type, please let me know! 

 

I'm new to the thread btw so hey everyone!

post #71 of 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suntory View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by colco View Post
 

Understood.  I just wasn't sure having re-read it whether it seemed that I was suggesting an across the board claim of quality as I didn't intend to.  

No need to please him, your message was pretty reasonable.

 

If you read my post you’ll see that I was responding to the fact that the original poster had announced that on the basis of a single data point he was going to buy Suit Supply ('Awesome, I'll go for Suit Supply').

 

That’s why I used the multi-quote.

 

Cheers,

 

Ac

post #72 of 73
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanR7 View Post
 

Questions for suits:


Athletic build: Slim suit? or Regular/Classic fit?


If I'm 5 foot 5 and 140 lbs with a good physique (not too big), can I still wear slim fit suits? or would they look weird on me?


For short men, what's better a one button suit/blazer? or two button?


If I'm ordering a slim suit, do I always have to get a slim notch lapel with it? Or can is it normal to get a regular sized notched lapel with a slim suit?

 

 

If there's anything else I need to know about suits or especially slim suits fitting short 5 foot 5 skinny yet athletic build type, please let me know! 

 

I'm new to the thread btw so hey everyone!

 

 

Welcome to the forum, @RyanR7.  You can go for a slimmer fitting suit or with something with a more classic cut, it just depends what you want.  Two button is what I prefer and skinny lapels don't look good on any type of suit if you ask me.  You don't need a wide 4" lapel or anything like that, but I wouldn't go below 2.75".  Best of luck.

post #73 of 73

No, I made my decision up based on surfing other forums and threads before you replied.  Should I have posted my line of thought before I said "Awesome, I'll go for SS"?

 

This is not an email correspondence so there is no need to always end like this:

 

Quote:
 

Cheers,

 

Ac

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF DEC 14, 2015