or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment and Culture › I Am Legend
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

I Am Legend - Page 2

post #16 of 67
Saw it tonight and it was pretty good. I like WS, and while it may have ended quickly, it was better than most movies that I have seen in the theaters as of late.

One awesome bonus was the full length 'The Dark Night' trailer

Jon.
post #17 of 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghulkhan View Post
I want to see it as well. I have to wait till Tuesday though, a friend from London is coming and is hyped about the movie. So I have to wait for him...

Wish I was coming over the pond with your buddy from London to watch the WS movie.
It doesn't open over here 'til Boxing Day so I've still got at least 11 days to wait.
post #18 of 67
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by imageWIS View Post
Saw it tonight and it was pretty good. I like WS, and while it may have ended quickly, it was better than most movies that I have seen in the theaters as of late.

One awesome bonus was the full length 'The Dark Night' trailer

Jon.

The ending threw me. Didn't go like I had expected. The scene where he gets him self trapped by the main zombie dude is fuckin insane lolz.
post #19 of 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by mongo615 View Post
WS can't be any worse than Charlton Heston, who was the star of the original. I'm looking forward to seeing it, as 'The Omega Man' was one of my favorites as a youth.

actually vincent price was the star of the original which i think came out in the 50´s.

Could some one who has seen it please tell me if they kill the the character at the end or do they give some crappy hopeful ending?
post #20 of 67
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarphe View Post
actually vincent price was the star of the original which i think came out in the 50´s. Could some one who has seen it please tell me if they kill the the character at the end or do they give some crappy hopeful ending?
conne shed a tear. nvm.
post #21 of 67
Way to spoil the ending you stupid fucks.
post #22 of 67
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Connemara View Post
Way to spoil the ending you stupid fucks.

=/ it's not like you didn't see that shit coming. it's the 3rd adaptation. i'll edit my post and clear that but the shit is all over the intranets. MUH BAD CONNE CRYMOAR!
post #23 of 67
Well my girlfriend and I opted for I Am Legend over TGC, thanks to SoCal's advice, and I was definitely happy! Good movie... the ending did seem abrupt though.
post #24 of 67
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwilkinson View Post
Well my girlfriend and I opted for I Am Legend over TGC, thanks to SoCal's advice, and I was definitely happy! Good movie... the ending did seem abrupt though.

Very much so. What'd you think of the zombies?
post #25 of 67
This movie scared the SHIT out of me.

I will admit that I am the biggest chicken. I'm not really scared by anything "real" in the sense of like some murder thriller slasher thing; but, you throw in anything supernatural horror and I have my eyes peaking out through my hands like in this movie.

I did like the scenes of all of NY being empty and overgrown and when they blow up the bridge is really cool.
Also, I got to "walk on the set" in the sense that every car in that movie was parked along 57th St from West Side Hwy to 9th Ave when I lived in that area.

The part that had me on edge the most was the scene when he drives by and sees "Fred." My God that whole scene had my hair standing on end.
post #26 of 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by fortune View Post
Very much so. What'd you think of the zombies?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCal2NYC View Post
This movie scared the SHIT out of me.

I will admit that I am the biggest chicken. I'm not really scared by anything "real" in the sense of like some murder thriller slasher thing; but, you throw in anything supernatural horror and I have my eyes peaking out through my hands like in this movie.

I did like the scenes of all of NY being empty and overgrown and when they blow up the bridge is really cool.
Also, I got to "walk on the set" in the sense that every car in that movie was parked along 57th St from West Side Hwy to 9th Ave when I lived in that area.

The part that had me on edge the most was the scene when he drives by and sees "Fred." My God that whole scene had my hair standing on end.


I loved the movie, but have to concur that anything with crazy psycho humans is fine with me, but you put something supernatural/demonic/whatever you'd like to call it, and i'm back in 5th grade again. Definitely recommend this movie to anyone!

I had no idea that it was a remake. I suppose I'm a little too young to know about the others, but I'll definitely have to check them out.
post #27 of 67
I realllly liked the end. It isn't a cookie cutter ending. Having never seen the previous ones, I had NO IDEA this was going to be a zomb!e movie - and I love all the old corny black and white zombie movies. I will second the notion that the trap set by the main zombie guy was brilliant. The first part where WS traps that girl... and the main zombie boss comes out into the sun to look how he traps her - only to use the same method later. I loved it! One question though... what was WS's character's importance? I saw his picture on the TIME magazone cover... i know he was Lt Col in the military, but... like... why is he important? Was he the one who was responsible for blowing up the bridges and isolating everyone on the island? The chick knew his name and knew who he was, but I couldnt figure out why he was a prominent figure. and... why does the dog ALWAYS have to die? c'mon... as soon as the movie started and he just had a dog, it was obvious the dog would die trying to save him - its too perfect.
post #28 of 67
Personally, I don't really care all that much, but can we use white text for spoilers?
post #29 of 67
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by kakemono View Post
I realllly liked the end. It isn't a cookie cutter ending. Having never seen the previous ones, I had NO IDEA this was going to be a zomb!e movie - and I love all the old corny black and white zombie movies. I will second the notion that the trap set by the main zombie guy was brilliant. The first part where WS traps that girl... and the main zombie boss comes out into the sun to look how he traps her - only to use the same method later. I loved it! One question though... what was WS's character's importance? I saw his picture on the TIME magazone cover... i know he was Lt Col in the military, but... like... why is he important? Was he the one who was responsible for blowing up the bridges and isolating everyone on the island? The chick knew his name and knew who he was, but I couldnt figure out why he was a prominent figure. and... why does the dog ALWAYS have to die? c'mon... as soon as the movie started and he just had a dog, it was obvious the dog would die trying to save him - its too perfect.
edit: by request of quirk, white texting this because it's somewhat of a spoiler. highlight it if you want to know my reply to kake. The reason the main zombie came out of the hive was because at least in my view I think the girl that was trapped was of some relation be it sister mother or girlfriend to him and he wanted her back and I think that's why he chased WS the whole time. As for WS' importance, he was the scientist who was going to save mankind and reverse the Krepplin Virus or how ever its spelts effect on everyone. That's why he wouldn't leave the island. If you noticed one morning in the kitchen when he was watching a taped copy of good morning america they mentioned his name and how everyone put their trust and faith in him or something like that. I kinda wanna go watch the movie again Maybe when the crowds die down. Last night it was fucking packed. I can only imagine this first weekend or two.
post #30 of 67
Saw it in IMAX today and to be honest, I didn't really care for it. I'm a big Will Smith and sci-fi fan, but I don't really like zombie movies so that was my first problem.

Secondly, I didn't really think they did a very good job of exploring his character. He seems all together at first, but then he does stuff that makes you think he's losing it, but I just didn't feel that his character was fully realized.

I know it's different in some ways, but I really thought "Children of Men" last year was a much better movie about an apocalyptic future.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Entertainment and Culture
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment and Culture › I Am Legend