or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Dry Bones Japan @ Self Edge
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Dry Bones Japan @ Self Edge - Page 3

post #31 of 59
Thread Starter 
We're actually getting some new Dry Bones shirts in next week, i think they're MAY be a red chambray in there!
post #32 of 59
Fantastic. Thanks, man.
post #33 of 59
Don't usually like diagonal zip jackets but that one in the original post looks pretty nice.
post #34 of 59
Thread Starter 
Dry Bones & D.Lewis Spring Collection

Just got in a great shipment from Dry Bones, the Tokyo crew that brought us the recent SEXDBXS09 jean and also the very popular Red-D Slim Jeans.

First up is a great chambray shirt designed by D.Lewis & Dry Bones. D.Lewis is Britan's oldest motorcycle clothing brand. Started in 1891 they were producing multi-purpose motorcycle gear and by 1920 were making leather jackets for motorcycle and military flight use. D.Lewis went on to be one of the world's top original workwear and motorcycle gear companies and became legendary in the rock scene when the Sex Pistols, the Clash, Ramones and Iggy, even John Lennon & Paul McCartney were owners of vintage pieces of D.Lewis clothing. Today D.Lewis only has two lines outside of it's own, one produced by Comme des Garcons and one by Dry Bones.

The DBDL chambray shirt is made of a heavy indigo selvedge chambray, dyed and woven in Okayama with original accents such as slanted pockets, elbow reinforcements, and a red DL embroidery on the left cuff.
Also, a very vintage inspired crewneck pullover made of a brushed herringbone wool from DBDL really caught our eye when we first saw it; a design not seen often any more, a very period perfect piece.

We've also got a small number of Dry Bones Denim Slash Coats, once again DB shows us that you can take something and change it, and make people wonder whether or not it's a true reproduction. Using the Sushi Ear denim and four front pockets and a hidden inner right chest pocket, a great light overcoat.

Along with these three pieces we got some cool new adjustable leather bracelets from Dry Bones, made in Tokyo in their leather shop in Meguro-Ku.

With all these new items we received a full restock of the Red-D Slim jeans and the Dual Prong Leather Belt.
All these items are now available in-store and in our online store:

http://www.selfedge.com/shop/index.p...index&cPath=72











post #35 of 59
Thread Starter 
We just received a restock of the Dry Bones Guitar Wolf Jeans and the Dual Prong Belt:

http://www.selfedge.com/shop/index.p...index&cPath=72
post #36 of 59
Thread Starter 
Just got a big restock of Dry Bones jeans (Red-D Slim) and Guitar Wolf Jet Jeans, Dual-Prong Belt, and D.Lewis Chambray Shirt:
http://www.selfedge.com/shop/index.p...index&cPath=72
post #37 of 59
Pulling the trigger on some Red-D tomorrow.

Will be hot soaking them straight off. I'd love to hear some revews from anyone with some time in them.
post #38 of 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlyngard View Post
Pulling the trigger on some Red-D tomorrow.

Will be hot soaking them straight off. I'd love to hear some revews from anyone with some time in them.

I have a pair, love them. Not sure what kind of review you're looking for....fit is great , nice true slimfit, without being skinny. The tag says jeans are non sanforized, but they are. i've rinsed mine and there was no shrinkage. The only criticism I would have is that they seem just a tad smaller than other jeans in the hip area (and I dont have a big butt/hips as it is). The waist is fine, thigh, leg etc all perfect...if I had just a .5" more in the crotch area it'd be ideal, but not an issue as it is, just something I noticed if I'm being picky. For reference mine are size 29
post #39 of 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by Get Smart View Post
I have a pair, love them. Not sure what kind of review you're looking for....fit is great , nice true slimfit, without being skinny. The tag says jeans are non sanforized, but they are. i've rinsed mine and there was no shrinkage. The only criticism I would have is that they seem just a tad smaller than other jeans in the hip area (and I dont have a big butt/hips as it is). The waist is fine, thigh, leg etc all perfect...if I had just a .5" more in the crotch area it'd be ideal, but not an issue as it is, just something I noticed if I'm being picky. For reference mine are size 29

Thanks man.

That would be my target size too. Or more likely the 30. These look to be pretty close to the Skull fit, at least the 5010, which is super-snug in the top block, even though the waist is fine. (not a problem with the rise either...just snug).

What are the qualities of the denim like? Really smooth? Slightly slubby after soak?

I'm figuring on a minimal shrinkage jean.

How are those boots working out for ya that you got in Japan there?
post #40 of 59
^^ denim is a smoother weave, not a slubby one.

boots are good, still breaking them in but they really dont need a whole lot of it. since it has a crepe sole i admit i'm sorta baby'ing em as I'm prone to uneven heel wear but the olive color is easy to wear with other earth tones
post #41 of 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by Get Smart View Post
^^ denim is a smoother weave, not a slubby one.

boots are good, still breaking them in but they really dont need a whole lot of it. since it has a crepe sole i admit i'm sorta baby'ing em as I'm prone to uneven heel wear but the olive color is easy to wear with other earth tones

That wingtip detailing is awesome. Post some pictures on WAWN of them. And yeah, baby those suckers - they look like long termers and a nice occasional alternative to your oxbloods. Work well with slim cut jeans?

Are those proprietary Dry Bones, or are they another line the shop was carrying? I was wondering if that's something Kiya would ever consider for Self Edge...

Anyway, can you compare the Dry Bones at all to the Skull fit? You mentioned the tight top block, but I've also read the DB aren't as 'skinny' as the 5010s (which aren't skinny at all on me).
post #42 of 59
^^ the boots work better with a more relaxed cut. they are big shoes, my size 8US fit nice and snug but the boot itself is really big. If someone gave me measurements of the length and width I'd say no way those would fit, but they do. I actually might need to get a pair of jeans specifically for those boots, the ones I normally wear are a bit too slim I think and don't pair quite right. They're Dry Bones brand, not some line that the store carries....everything in the DB store is all their own brand.

I've never worn Skulls so cant compare, but the size 29 measured about 19.5" across hip iirc, and the leg opening is 7.5"

I've had conversation with Kiya about that and why he doesnt, basically the stuff he carries is the more "normal" stuff that sells to a wider range of buyer, whereas Dry Bones makes a ton of stuff that is more "rockabilly" styled and caters to an even smaller niche buyer.
post #43 of 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by Get Smart View Post
^^ the boots work better with a more relaxed cut. they are big shoes, my size 8US fit nice and snug but the boot itself is really big. If someone gave me measurements of the length and width I'd say no way those would fit, but they do. I actually might need to get a pair of jeans specifically for those boots, the ones I normally wear are a bit too slim I think and don't pair quite right. They're Dry Bones brand, not some line that the store carries....everything in the DB store is all their own brand.

I've never worn Skulls so cant compare, but the size 29 measured about 19.5" across hip iirc, and the leg opening is 7.5"

I've had conversation with Kiya about that and why he doesnt, basically the stuff he carries is the more "normal" stuff that sells to a wider range of buyer, whereas Dry Bones makes a ton of stuff that is more "rockabilly" styled and caters to an even smaller niche buyer.

Thanks for the insights. I'd love to see more rockabilly/greaser stuff available here, and not just wallet lanyards. Maybe a trip to Japan is in order.

I hear you. My docs are pretty much the only footwear I can wear with most of my slim (7.5" l.o. or less) jeans. Good excuse to buy. Looking for some Somets? ;-)
post #44 of 59
Thread Starter 
post #45 of 59
Thread Starter 
The Dry Bones Boot Collection - Brogue Gillies & Desert Boots

From the Setagaya ward of Tokyo, Dry Bones is one of the longest running denim and vintage style garment companies from Japan. With over twenty years of experience these guys have continually been on the pulse of what products to produce and doing it far before it hitting the mainstream.

They're three seasons in with their footwear collection and we think it's due time it comes to Western world. Their boots are a combination of great versatile colors, wonderful small batch dyed leathers, and a comfort level very rarely seen on a non-athletic shoe.

We're starting off the collection with two models, each available in two different colors. These are now all available in our online store and Self Edge New York. Check the online store's product pages for hi-res photos, specs, and more information:

http://www.selfedge.com/shop/index.p...index&cPath=72

Dry Bones Brown/White Brogue Gillie Boots




Dry Bones Black Brogue Gillie Boots



Dry Bones Gray Desert Boots



Dry Bones Brown Desert Boots


New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Dry Bones Japan @ Self Edge