This Classified is Closed
9 PAIRS OF PLAID & SCOTTISH TARTAN PANTS--Perfect for the Ivy Holiday! Sizes c.32, 34, 38. Langrock, Country Squire, Blackwatch, Dress Gordon, Royal Stewart, Windowpanes, more! Some NWT. FREE SHIPPING & OFFERS WELCOME!
Will Ship To: Anywhere
Perfect for an Ivy Holiday Season!
Perfect for an Ivy Holiday Season!
The holiday season is almost upon us.... and there's no more Ivy item of clothing for the holidays that tartan trousers! Worn casually, with penny loafers or shell wingtips and an old cream Aran sweater, or more formally, paired with a tuxedo jacket, tartan trousers are a classic in the Ivy holiday wardrobe.
I'm delighted to offer several today--including two GRAIL versions, from Langrock of Princeton, a store so steeped in the Ivy tradition that near its demise its advertisements boasted that it was the only store in America still to purvey the authentic "American Look"!
As always, I offer FREE SHIPPING ON EVERYTHING IN THE USA; International inquiries are welcome, with shipping at cost.
Also as always, ALL OFFERS ARE VERY WELCOME!
Please PM with interest and offers!
NB: Waist measurements are taken flat across the front (double for an actual waist measurement). The additional number indicates how many inches would be let out to increase the flat waist measurement.
1) SOLD THE CLASSIC HOLIDAY TARTAN! Blackwatch trousers. Flat front, cuffed. All wool; Made in the USA. Originally sold by Cross Country Shops. Waist: 18 1/8. Inseam: 29 (+1 1/2), with 1 1/2" cuff. Excellent condition. Just $25.
2) GORGEOUS Windowpane tartan trousers. Exceptionally versatile, these beautiful trousers are redolent of long Scottish weekends on the estate. Beautifully cut and all wool, these are flat front and uncuffed. They have one tiny thread pull, as shown, which is an easy fix, and a couple of small patches of surface schmaltz, which will come out easily with the first dry clean. As such, they're in very Good condition, and so just $25. Waist: 17 12/ (+1); inseam: 32 1/2 (+2).
3) SOLD GRAIL! Absolutely gorgeous Scottish tartan trousers by Langrock of Princeton. These are wonderful--beautifully cut from what's almost certainly Scottish wool, these are flat front and uncuffed. They're in absolutely excellent condition. Waist: 16 3/4 (+1), inseam: 30 (+2 3/4). Asking just $29.
4) Dress Gordon Tartan Trousers. All wool, flat front, in absolutely excellent condition. A classic holiday tartan, too! Waist: 17 1/2 (+1); inseam: 30 (+2 3/4). Asking just $25.
5) SOLD Royal Stewart Tartan trousers. Another classic holiday plaid! All wool, flat front, in absolutely excellent condition. Waist: 16 1/2 (+ 1 1/2), inseam: 31 1/2 (+1). Asking just $24.
6) BEAUTIFUL tartan trousers! All wool, these are clearly a beautiful and authentic Scottish tartan--although I can't identify which one! They were originally sold by The Country Squire of Princeton NJ. They're flat front, and in excellent condition except for a minor and almost-unnoticeable surface stain, which will likely come out with the first dry clean. These are thus in Very Good/Excellent condition, and so are just $24, or offer. Waist: 17 (+1 1/2), inseam: 29 1/2 (+2 1/2).
7) NWT Holiday Tartan pants. Cut from a lightweight and comfortable blend of linen and cotton, these would be perfect for Southern trads who don't wish to miss out on the Ivy holiday style! New with tags, these come complete with their original piece of patching material. They are unhemmed, and, of course, in perfect condition. Asking just $25. Tagged 36; Waist: 18 (+1), inseam: 36 1/2 (unhemmed).
8) NWOT Dress Stewart tartan trousers. Cut from a lightweight and comfortable blend of linen and cotton, these would be perfect for Southern trads who don't wish to miss out on the Ivy holiday style! New without tags. They are unhemmed, and, of course, in perfect condition. Asking just $25. Tagged 36; Waist: 17 7/8 (+1), inseam: 36 3/4 (unhemmed).
9) SOLD GRAIL! Langrock of Princeton GORGEOUS midnight dark blue and dark forest green Scottish tartan trousers, with red and cream windowpane overchecking. Absolutely beautiful! Likely all Scottish wool, these are flat front and in excellent condition. Absolutely Grail trousers from Langrock of Princeton! Asking just $32. Waist: 16 1/8 (+1), Inseam: 30 (+3).
Edited by tweedydon - 12/20/15 at 5:45pm