Well some have said that, all I know is that the older I get the more I crave comfortable shoes. I have recently ordered a pair of these chukkas and am waiting for them to arrive. I will post a heads up when I get them. And I'm wondering if anyone else has tried them. Here is a link: http://www.selectism.com/2015/07/06/astorflex-footwear/
Here is a write up from a different site:
Astorflex, comfortable footwear and healthy using the best materials known to us (vegetable tanned leather lining, leather insole and outsole para), possibly with Italian labor within the company.
How we do it
• LEATHER ITALIAN BEEF or European
• VEGETABLE TANNING IN PIT *
• LINING AND INSOLE LEATHER MADE WITH LEATHER FULL FLOWER (the most valuable part of the leather in direct contact with the foot) VEGETABLE TANNED COLOURING to have a higher absorption capacity.
• NATURAL RUBBER SOLES no added dyes or chemicals, leather or synthetic rubber designed to be biodegradable
• GLUES BASED WATER
• IDEAL WORK (upper edge stitching makes the shoe very flexible
* The skins are tanned with vegetable tannins small Tuscan tanneries: the hides are soaked for at least 30 days in pots (was) containing a mixture of water and oak bark and mimosa powder. They are then air-dried, softened in drums with animal fat and dyed with aniline. This ancient and unusual procedure, now abandoned due to the high cost and long lead times, allows you to have healthier skin and breathable (no accumulation of bacteria and thus odor), does not create contact allergy to chromium and has a low environmental impact (low consumption of water and electricity). Against any defects of the skin are not masked, but for us this is synonymous with naturalness.