Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Styleforum Gives 2015 - Our annual holiday charity auctions for the Ronald McDonald House.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Styleforum Gives 2015 - Our annual holiday charity auctions for the Ronald McDonald House. - Page 23

post #331 of 684
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by z8k1n View Post
 


$1900 

Boom.  Anyone want to challenge the current boss?  $1950. people?  

 

Cheers,

 

Fok.

post #332 of 684
Wow.
When my son was born there were some complications so as a result, we spend some time in Ronald McDonald house. That Christmas she made a donation in our name and put it in a card to me. Cried like a baby when I read it. Niagra Fawls.
post #333 of 684
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBrown85 View Post

Wow.
When my son was born there were some complications so as a result, we spend some time in Ronald McDonald house. That Christmas she made a donation in our name and put it in a card to me. Cried like a baby when I read it. Niagra Fawls.

Thanks, and thanks for pointing this out.  A very large fraction of the families coming through the Ronald McDonald Houses are there because of medical issues involving a newborn infant.  In particular, many of the families are at the Ronald McDonald House because a baby was born prematurely.  I think that any of us who are fathers (or mothers) can empathize with how difficult a time this would be for any family.

post #334 of 684
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by LA Guy View Post
 

Boom.  Anyone want to challenge the current boss?  $1950. people?  

 

Cheers,

 

Fok.

$1950, anyone?

post #335 of 684
Quote:
Originally Posted by LA Guy View Post

$1950, anyone?

I'll go up to $1950. I also have a request. Can we get a matching shell
belt. As long as the materials is available I think one of the vendors could make the belt. I'm certainly willing to go higher if I can get a belt.

Steve
post #336 of 684
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by totalair1 View Post


I'll go up to $1950. I also have a request. Can we get a matching shell
belt. As long as the materials is available I think one of the vendors could make the belt. I'm certainly willing to go higher if I can get a belt.

Steve

Unfortunately, this is not a request that I can fulfill, since I don't personally have access to the materials, and shell is in very high demand right now and hard to get a hold of.  Viberg is not a belt maker, and I'm pretty sure that they would not release the shell needed to another maker.

post #337 of 684
Thread Starter 
post #338 of 684
Quote:
Originally Posted by totalair1 View Post

I'll go up to $1950. I also have a request. Can we get a matching shell
belt. As long as the materials is available I think one of the vendors could make the belt. I'm certainly willing to go higher if I can get a belt.

Steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by LA Guy View Post

Unfortunately, this is not a request that I can fulfill, since I don't personally have access to the materials, and shell is in very high demand right now and hard to get a hold of.  Viberg is not a belt maker, and I'm pretty sure that they would not release the shell needed to another maker.

Does this help you at all?
post #339 of 684
Some of you might have seen "Prayers for Finn" on your Facebook newsfeed. Finn is the younger son of one of my fraternity brothers. If you want a sense of what the Ronld McDonald House does day to day, please read the Facebook post below.

https://www.facebook.com/prayersforbabyfinn/photos/a.1534051673543727.1073741829.1534013940214167/1668814123400814/?type=3
post #340 of 684
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpooPoker View Post


Does this help you at all?

Thanks for the response. It was just a thought,..trying to get belt material. My bid stands.

Steve
post #341 of 684
Quote:
Originally Posted by totalair1 View Post

Thanks for the response. It was just a thought,..trying to get belt material. My bid stands.

Steve

http://www.rancourtandcompany.com/shell-cordovan-belt.html

The lighter shade of these may work
post #342 of 684
Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonHedonist View Post

http://www.rancourtandcompany.com/shell-cordovan-belt.html

The lighter shade of these may work

I do have the Rancourt Caramel shell belt. It will be a pretty close match for Natural shell Viberg. Thanks for the suggestion!

Steve
post #343 of 684
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by totalair1 View Post


I do have the Rancourt Caramel shell belt. It will be a pretty close match for Natural shell Viberg. Thanks for the suggestion!

Steve

I think that will will be as close a match as you would get, variations between dye lots and individula hides aside, since both companies use Horween leather.  Apparently, the other shell cordovan colors are dyed by Rancourt itself, but the natural shell is straight from Horween.

post #344 of 684
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by totalair1 View Post


I'll go up to $1950. I also have a request. Can we get a matching shell
belt. As long as the materials is available I think one of the vendors could make the belt. I'm certainly willing to go higher if I can get a belt.

Steve

$1950 and a few hours to go.  Let's see if we can't get this to $2K.  Anyone?

post #345 of 684

Is there a list of all of the upcoming auctions?

 

nvm first post of the thread.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Styleforum Gives 2015 - Our annual holiday charity auctions for the Ronald McDonald House.