Recent Images In This Thread
- topicCharity Auctiontagged by Synthese, 12/4/15
- brandEidos Napolitagged by Synthese, 12/4/15
- brandEpaulettagged by Synthese, 12/4/15
- brandJ Fitzpatrick Shoestagged by Cleav, 12/6/15
- brandKent Wangtagged by Cleav, 12/6/15
- brandLa Portegnatagged by Synthese, 12/4/15
- brandLoaketagged by Cleav, 12/21/15
- brandLuxiretagged by Synthese, 12/4/15
- brandRingtagged by Cleav, 12/6/15
- itemRing Jackettagged by Cleav, 12/6/15More
- topicRonald McDonald House Charitiestagged by Synthese, 12/4/15
- brandStephan Schneidertagged by Cleav, 12/6/15
- categorySuitstagged by Synthese, 12/4/15
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by Synthese, 12/4/15
- brandThe Hanger Projecttagged by Synthese, 12/4/15
- topicVibergtagged by Cleav, 12/6/15
- brandVisvimtagged by Cleav, 12/6/15
Related Forum Threads
- Styleforum and A&H present "The Proper Kit" Trunk show in NYC, Nov 7 2015 Last post on 9/30/16 at 5:32am in Classic Menswear
- StyleForum eBay Roundup - Week of January 25 Last post on 1/25/15 at 12:59pm in Classic Menswear
- The Kent Wang Wedding Photo Contest Last post on 8/13/15 at 5:21am in Classic Menswear
- San Francisco Bay Area, SF, Styleforum Meetup Hosted by Khaki's Of Carmel- Ring Jacket... Last post on 4/26/15 at 9:10pm in Classic Menswear
- eBay Roundup Week of January 11, 2015 Last post on 1/11/15 at 8:29am in Classic Menswear
Where can I buy an affordable suit for my wedding?
Last edited: 3/24/16
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOsLast edited: 5/24/16
- Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for Under $800Last edited: 4/26/16
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any WeddingLast edited: 4/25/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Styleforum Gives 2015 - Our annual holiday charity auctions for the Ronald McDonald House. - Page 14post #196 of 68412/6/15 at 5:16pmpost #197 of 68412/6/15 at 6:05pmpost #198 of 68412/6/15 at 6:24pmThread Starter
Auction 5: S.E.H. Kelly SB3 Gun Club Check Sportsjacket.
Ends Monday, Dec 7, 2015.5 p.m. PST
Let's start the bidding... now. The following auction will be a 48 hour auction and will end Sunday at 5 pm PST.
This auction is for a three button tweed sportsjacket from SEH Kelly. The cloth is a mid-weight lambswool gun-club check from County Donegal in Ireland. It comprises tobacco brown, lead grey, and dark charcoal grey. Being as it is a Donegal tweed, it is speckled with "nepps": little balls of felted wool; their colours complementary to the main yarn colours. http://www.sehkelly.com/shop/jackets/sb3-in-charcoal-tobacco-gun-club-check/
@sehkelly has been making small batches of clothing in their workshop in London.
From SEHKelly: "...makers, if not the best at what they do, then certainly in the top one. Shirts and jackets and trousers are cut and sewn in workrooms which do so only for shirts or jackets or trousers. Knitwear is hand-framed in one or another far-flung corner of an island. Cloth, often hand-woven, comes from mills very much above, if you will, the run of most mills. Buttons, buckles, and so on are made by old hands in old establishments. Made in the British Isles, the lot."
Retail: 315 GBP, or about $475
Let's start the bidding at $230. The minimum increment on a bid will be $20. Please announce bids on this thread. If you wish to be anonymous, you may PM me, and I will proxy the bid for you.
Important note: The bidding will not end if there has been a bid in the last 10 minutes, regardless of time. So, for example, if there is a bid at 2:59 Monday morning, the bidding will go on until 3:09, and if there is a bid before or at that time, the bidding will continue. Essentially, sniping is not going to be effective. It's for charity, y'all.
Here are some pictures to make you all weep and bid generously and often:post #199 of 68412/6/15 at 6:24pmThread Starterpost #200 of 68412/6/15 at 6:39pmpost #201 of 68412/6/15 at 6:45pmThread Starterpost #202 of 68412/6/15 at 8:10pmpost #203 of 68412/6/15 at 9:30pmpost #204 of 68412/6/15 at 10:56pmpost #205 of 68412/6/15 at 11:05pmpost #206 of 68412/7/15 at 1:24amThread Starterpost #207 of 68412/7/15 at 8:28ampost #208 of 68412/7/15 at 9:11ampost #209 of 68412/7/15 at 9:29amQuote:Originally Posted by LA Guy
Incidentally, and much thanks to @kirbya
and The Hanger Project and A Suitable Wardrobe. we are now up to:
$3425 + 800 = $4225. And onward to the 6th auction!
You guys rock. I likely won't be able to participate in this year's auction but I love following the thread.
Everyone needs to thank Fok for running this. It's a great cause.post #210 of 68412/7/15 at 10:49amThread StarterQuote:
And now, back to regular programming, do I hear a $400 bid for a wonderful @sehkelly sportsjacket?
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...
- › Poor man's watch thread 9 seconds ago
- › OFFICIAL President Trump Thread 1 minute ago
- › Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos 2 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 5 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 5 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 6 minutes ago
- › Making a World Class Tie! 11 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate "HARDCORE" Shoe Porn Thread (Bespoke only) 12 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 18 minutes ago
- › Riccardo Bestetti Bespoke projects. 21 minutes ago
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...