Recent Images In This Thread
- topicCharity Auctiontagged by Synthese, 12/4/15
- brandEidos Napolitagged by Synthese, 12/4/15
- brandEpaulettagged by Synthese, 12/4/15
- brandJ Fitzpatrick Shoestagged by Cleav, 12/6/15
- brandKent Wangtagged by Cleav, 12/6/15
- brandLa Portegnatagged by Synthese, 12/4/15
- brandLoaketagged by Cleav, 12/21/15
- brandLuxiretagged by Synthese, 12/4/15
- brandRingtagged by Cleav, 12/6/15
- itemRing Jackettagged by Cleav, 12/6/15More
- topicRonald McDonald House Charitiestagged by Synthese, 12/4/15
- brandStephan Schneidertagged by Cleav, 12/6/15
- categorySuitstagged by Synthese, 12/4/15
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by Synthese, 12/4/15
- brandThe Hanger Projecttagged by Synthese, 12/4/15
- topicVibergtagged by Cleav, 12/6/15
- brandVisvimtagged by Cleav, 12/6/15
Related Forum Threads
- Styleforum and A&H present "The Proper Kit" Trunk show in NYC, Nov 7 2015 Last post on 9/30/16 at 5:32am in Classic Menswear
- StyleForum eBay Roundup - Week of January 25 Last post on 1/25/15 at 12:59pm in Classic Menswear
- Super thread-Suits, blazers, pants, pocket squares and ties Last post on 1/8/17 at 7:16am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- The Kent Wang Wedding Photo Contest Last post on 8/13/15 at 5:21am in Classic Menswear
- San Francisco Bay Area, SF, Styleforum Meetup Hosted by Khaki's Of Carmel- Ring Jacket... Last post on 4/26/15 at 9:10pm in Classic Menswear
Where can I buy an affordable suit for my wedding?
Last edited: 3/24/16
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOsLast edited: 5/24/16
- Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for Under $800Last edited: 4/26/16
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any WeddingLast edited: 4/25/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Styleforum Gives 2015 - Our annual holiday charity auctions for the Ronald McDonald House. - Page 11post #152 of 68412/3/15 at 8:09pmpost #153 of 68412/3/15 at 8:17pmpost #154 of 68412/3/15 at 11:47pmQuote:
What's a "physical media?"post #155 of 68412/4/15 at 7:50ampost #156 of 68412/4/15 at 8:29ampost #157 of 68412/4/15 at 2:19pmThread Starterpost #158 of 68412/4/15 at 2:22pmPardon the interruption, but just a quick announcement that LuxeSwap will be donating 10% of the hammer price for all auctions that end on December 20th (they go live on December 10th) to RMHC in the name of StyleForum. @GothamRed and I will be kicking in some teaser pics and other good stuff in this thread over the coming weeks, so stay tuned.post #159 of 68412/4/15 at 2:28pmpost #160 of 68412/4/15 at 2:29pmThread StarterQuote:
Let's take @Michigan Planner's example, gentlemen. If we hit $1750, I'll personally throw in a pocket square so that you can look extra #pitti. You know you sorta want to do it.
(and now you'll have an excuse).post #161 of 68412/4/15 at 5:28pmThread StarterQuote:
Well, looks like @Michigan Planner takes this that with a bid of $1600. Winnar! Really generous and that brings ou total to $1825 + $1600 = $3425. I'm proud of us. but let's get some more people involved. Get your friends stoked. Another longer auction to take us into Sunday next.post #162 of 68412/4/15 at 5:46pmThread Starter
Auction 5: A Suitable Wardrobe Russian Reindeer Passport Holder or Pocket wallet
Ends Sunday, Dec 6, 2015.5 p.m. PST
Let's start the bidding... now. The following auction will be a 48 hour auction and will end Sunday at 5 pm PST.
As some of you may know, A Suitable Wardrobe was recently acquired by @kirbya, of The Hanger Project, probably the original business born on the forum. Kirby tells me that he is committed to the same extremely high quality accessories for which A Suitable Wardrobe has always been known. It's probably one of the few places I knew of that stocked an Astrakan. Not sure what I'd do with it, but it was cool.
This auction is for one Russian Reindeer Passport Holder OR Pocket Wallet, winner's choice (https://www.asuitablewardrobe.com/russian-reindeer-passport-cover.html or https://www.asuitablewardrobe.com/russian-reindeer-pocket-wallet.html)
What is "Russian reindeer"? So glad you asked.
From A Suitable Wardrobe:
Due to its rarity and uniqueness, G. J. Cleverly 1786 Russian Reindeer leather is normally only available through our bespoke service... except what you see here on A Suitable Wardrobe. On December 10th 1786 a storm forced the Metta Catharina to seek shelter in Plymouth Sound. She had been bound for the Mediterranean with a cargo of hemp and leather from the Russian Port of St. Petersburg. The Catherina broke free and was blown towards Mount Edgecumbe before sinking. The crew were able to get ashore but the ship and its cargo were lost - until almost 200 years later divers found a ship’s bell on the sea floor. Further investigation revealed bundles of hides littering the sea bed. They were remarkably well preserved after two centuries of immersion in black mud.
Since those hides were retrieved, many hundreds have been brought to the surface. They have been tanned the traditional Russian way, which involves soaking in pits of willow bark and currying with birch oil. The process gives them a very distinct aroma. Most of the hides have been cross hatched in the grain embossed by hand. The famous ‘Russia’ leather is renowned for it’s ability to resist water and repel insects.
What we have here, then, are items of extreme rarity and historical value. Ain't no small timer carryng their passport through security in leather from the Metta Catharine.
Let's start the bidding at $350. The minimum increment on a bid will be $20. Please announce bids on this thread. If you wish to be anonymous, you may PM me, and I will proxy the bid for you.
Important note: The bidding will not end if there has been a bid in the last 10 minutes, regardless of time. So, for example, if there is a bid at 2:59 Monday morning, the bidding will go on until 3:09, and if there is a bid before or at that time, the bidding will continue. Essentially, sniping is not going to be effective. It's for charity, y'all.
Here are some pictures to make you all weep and bid generously and often:
Wallet Passport holder.post #163 of 68412/4/15 at 5:48pmpost #164 of 68412/4/15 at 5:49pmThread Starterpost #165 of 68412/4/15 at 5:50pmThread Starter
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...
- › Wolf vs Goat Appreciation Thread 1 second ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 21 seconds ago
- › Eidos Napoli 1 minute ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 1 minute ago
- › Louis Vuitton Epi Leather 55 Boston Keepall 2 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 2 minutes ago
- › The Look goes on... 4 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 4 minutes ago
- › The Official Artisanal "streetwear" footwear (boots, shoes,... 7 minutes ago
- › Pierpont Leather - Official Affiliate Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Men’s The Original 3” Boxerjock® Boxer Briefs... by Alper
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...