Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- H.N. White - Handmade English Ties - Official Affiliate Thread Last post on 1/19/17 at 3:14pm in Classic Menswear
- StyfoJapan Photo Journal (for those who don't know, this means Styleforum in Japan) Last post on 7/1/15 at 4:06am in Streetwear and Denim
- Issues with carrying Globe Trotter on-board Last post on 3/25/15 at 7:55am in Classic Menswear
- A visit to PN\P Firenze Last post on 12/30/14 at 1:11pm in Classic Menswear
- MARGARET HOWELL Fall/Winter 2013 Last post on 1/12/17 at 11:10pm in Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum at Paris Market Week: Part 2
Last edited: 2/17/16
- Styleforum Visits Mister FreedomLast edited: 12/8/15
- How Not To Brick It During Your Thanksgiving TravelLast edited: 10/26/15
- In Passing: Style on the Streets of Hong KongLast edited: 10/1/15
- Styleforum Visits Blue Blue JapanLast edited: 7/30/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Murl the Squirl's Adventure Across the Pond - Page 4post #46 of 10112/3/15 at 12:13pmpost #47 of 10112/3/15 at 1:00pmThread StarterQuote:
I'll be all over the place, but my hotel is here until Monday. I'll check them out if I get a chance.post #48 of 10112/4/15 at 3:09pmThread Starter
Great day today with Cleav in Northampton. First stop was Edward Green where I scored these amazing Chestnut Utah Galway on the 82 last. I had absolutely no plans on buying a pair of boots, but how could I pass these up! I've wanted a pair of Ashby for a couple years now, but none in my size unfortunately. Can't complain though...love these boots! Staff at the shop were wonderful.
Off to Crockett and Jones after lunch where Cleav was lucky enough to score a pair of pebble Pembroke...the exact shoe I was hoping to find! I can't be too upset though because he was hoping for a pair of Galway at EG, but none in his size. So in the end, we walked away with a pair of shoes the other was hoping to find, but very happy nonetheless.
We also stopped by Lobb, which I've never been too crazy about. The factory shop was quite a mess and you had to open box after box to see what was inside. Absolutely nothing worth considering for me....some real hideous makeups in my size. Cleav almost found a nice dark brown pebble chukka, but they were a bit too big.
After Northampton, I had the pleasure of driving with Cleav to his hometown and having some beers at "the club". Great experience and plenty of laughs. That's about all I have today. I have more pictures, but I'll have to transfer them from the phone. If none of this makes sense and it's full of typos, I apologize. I'm jet lagged and exhausted. Match day tomorrow...Glory glory Man United!post #49 of 10112/4/15 at 3:21pmpost #50 of 10112/5/15 at 7:37ampost #51 of 10112/5/15 at 11:42amThread Starterpost #52 of 10112/5/15 at 12:07pmpost #53 of 10112/5/15 at 12:18pmThread Starterpost #54 of 10112/5/15 at 12:32pmpost #55 of 10112/5/15 at 9:27pmpost #56 of 10112/5/15 at 10:12pmpost #57 of 10112/5/15 at 11:12pmThread Starterpost #58 of 10112/6/15 at 4:13pmThread Starter
After about 6 hours worth of train travel today (not including the tube), I'm back at the hotel in Manchester. Got into London around noon was picked up by Shaya at the station. From there, we headed to his shop so I could check out his goods. I knew going in I didn't want to keep him long...being Sunday and all. We ended spending about an hour and a half together chatting and looking through the amazing things he stocks. I walked out of there with a great green donegal tie from Capelli, a pair of Merz socks, and some toothpaste I just had to try. To some pictures then:
I love this jacket...wish it got cold in California.
Scott and Charters thick and wonderful cashmere scarf.....again, something I'll never need but would love to have.
My favorite of the Valstar jackets.
After meeting with Shaya, I headed to Sloane Square to meet up with Harry from HN White Ties. He met me at the station and we took a short walk to a great little London pub. He was nice enough to bring some of his current ties and swatches/pictures of what he will be offering in January...some great stuff! We spent about three hours chatting and having a few pints. A couple snaps from the pub:
I went home with the brown print (a very generous gift) and put in an order to have another sent back to CA. I'll also be grabbing one of the burgundy/navy block stripes when they hit the shelves. He really has some great stuff. The hand rolling on the wool ties was especially exceptional.
Sad to say that nothing on Saville Row is open on Sundays....never crossed my mind that would be the case. Oh well, no regrets whatsoever as I had a great time with Shaya and Harry. I would much rather spend time with some great people than wander around shops by myself. I did make it that way before I had to head back to the train and managed to take some shots. The entire Piccadilly Circus/Burlington Arcade area is amazing at this time of year.
What I'm taking home from today:
I'd like to give a huge thank you to @davesmith and @hnwhite for taking time out of their Sunday to show me what they have to offer. It was an absolute pleasure to meet the both of them I look forward to seeing them again sometime in the future. We have some great vendors on this forum that also make for some great company.
Like I mentioned when I started this thread, this whole purpose of this trip was to take in a football match with @Cleav. The couple days I got to spend with him were amazing...he is every bit the charming and stylish English gentleman he appears to be on the forum. The United match was a dream come true for me.
Alright guys, that's it. I know I'm not much of a writer and I didn't get to show you as much as I planned, but I hope you enjoyed it a bit. I'll meet up with Steed in February and make sure to this again. Cheers -Codypost #59 of 10112/6/15 at 4:43pmpost #60 of 10112/6/15 at 4:51pmThread StarterQuote:
Please tell Gerry thanks again for me. Would love to have many more pints with the man...he's a riot! Cheers.
- Styleforum Visits Mister Freedom
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 3 minutes ago
- › Vintage Dress shoe appreciation, tips, maintenance and advice 3 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 11 minutes ago
- › New to nice suits: athletic build fit and fabric advice please! 14 minutes ago
- › RM Williams Boots - Everything You Wanted to Know 27 minutes ago
- › What did you eat last night for dinner? 43 minutes ago
- › Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts? 44 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 45 minutes ago
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 51 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 55 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...