1. Outfit must be worn this week.
2. Outfit shall contain a tweed jacket/SC + odd trousers/pants (all levels of formality allowed).
3. Outfit can be either CM or SWD.
4. Outfit must be posted Before Saturday evening Swedish time.
I hope to see some great outfits this week!
Inspiration Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
So many great fits...
I can't for the life of me quote my other post in the WAYWRN thread, so I will post the pictures again:
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Unfortunately no full body pic this time, had no idea a tweed challenge was brewing!
I don’t thrift a lot of clothes and on the few occasions that I do I usually do it “live” so I can check the quality and wear and tear of a garment. But I found this vintage Lanvin tweed jacket on ebay and decided to take a chance. I’m happy that I did because it is a lovely jacket in mint condition. In general I avoid contrast details on clothes, especially jackets and shirts, because it usually looks gaudy and cheap like someone is trying to cover up poor quality or a bad fit with something “funny”. But I found these details pretty unique and I think they work well. The leather buttons are a shade brighter than you would normally find, especially on a grey jacket, and the suede elbow patches are matched by the suede lining of the button holes.
The jacket is worn with a Rubinacci tie and a shirt from Isaia.
DSCF2693.JPG 2992k .JPG file DSCF2692.JPG 2969k .JPG file DSCF2690.JPG 2993k .JPG file DSCF2686.JPG 2831k .JPG file
Wow, my kind of challange. I love tweed and this is the first time I participate here.
- The jacket is bespoke by Zaremba in Poland. It is unlined and with a soft construction. The tweed fabric is a donegal style by W.Bill and has the same color as my beard :-)
- Bespoke shirt from Francesco Merolla in Napoli
- Bepsoke donegal tweed tie by E.G Cappelli Napoli
- Bespoke grey flannel trosuers in a Fox Brothers fabric
- Suspenders in saxony tweed from Dugdale and Bros. by Albert Thurston
- Drakes London wool/silk pocket square
Wore this exact outfit yesterday, but rain prohibited a photoshoot so the pics are from some time ago.
DV tweedcoat with suede accents from Steven Hitchcock, moleskin trousers from Cordings, a cashmere tie from Teo Grimaldi, T&A shirt, silk crêpe PS from Grundwald, Harvie & Hudson sweather, bespoke nubucks from John Lobb (St. James’s), shades from Retrosuperfuture
Photo: Journal of Style: http://www.the-journal-of-style.com/2015/04/22/at-the-old-fortress/
Edited by EFV - 11/22/15 at 10:52am