or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › General › Current Events, Power and Money › Paris under attack again
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Paris under attack again - Page 3

post #31 of 322
So, the police/anti terror forces apparently just stormed the Bataclan concert hall.
post #32 of 322
Quote:
Originally Posted by edmorel View Post


Doubt it. Charlie Hebdo was supposed to be that event but it became partially a victim blaming story. This will turn out to be some down on their luck, radicalized Muslims taught to be upset with the Western treatment of "fill in the blank" and after the initial anger dies down France and the rest of Europe will do some serious "reflection" on how to better integrate a subsection of the Muslim community that just does not want to integrate but rather destroy.

I find the last part doubtful, this is already a mayor issue and something that has been worked on for decades, the real problem is that Syrian fighters are being allowed back in and not prosecuted, also the governments doesn't close down radical masques, which have proven track records of radicalization.

The danish government announced 34 new initiative earlier today, for amongst other things easier being able to deport people, so I think we are going to be seeing a lot more forced deportations in the future.
post #33 of 322
Hopefully they can save some people. I suddenly feel better about carrying everywhere and keeping a trauma kit in my car. I can't imagine being trapped in a theater or hall with my wife waiting to be shot.
post #34 of 322
Just heard Sweden has closed its borders.

Also, reports ISIS is claiming responsibility.
post #35 of 322
Thread Starter 
Some French TV reporter said dismembered bodies were found at Bataclan hall and 50 hostages still remain.
post #36 of 322
Sweden closed them yesterday (Thursday) and they are not closed, they have border control, which they didn't have before and are upholding the Dublin and Geneva conventions.

Which means they can't travel through Sweden to get to Finland and Norway any longer, so now it's seek asylum or go back to the country you came from ie. Denmark or Germany.
Edited by Find Finn - 11/13/15 at 4:12pm
post #37 of 322
https://www.facebook.com/eaglesofdeathmetal/posts/10153616153681014
Quote:
We are still currently trying to determine the safety and whereabouts of all our band and crew. Our thoughts are with all of the people involved in this tragic situation.

Josh Homme and Jesse Hughes are safe, some of the crew is still missing.
Quote:

Reuters is now reporting that its own reporter has been told that the operation at the Bataclan has now ended.
Apparently they killed both [Edit] all three attackers.
Edited by b1os - 11/13/15 at 4:31pm
post #38 of 322
CNN said 6-8 attackers and ISIS is claiming it.
post #39 of 322
Quote:
Originally Posted by Find Finn View Post

I find the last part doubtful, this is already a mayor issue and something that has been worked on for decades, the real problem is that Syrian fighters are being allowed back in and not prosecuted, also the governments doesn't close down radical masques, which have proven track records of radicalization.

The danish government announced 34 new initiative earlier today, for amongst other things easier being able to deport people, so I think we are going to be seeing a lot more forced deportations in the future.

Really? Is it because of the big Muslim population that it's hard to regulate?
post #40 of 322
Pretty sure Isis is contained. Could have sworn someone said that this morning at a press conference.
post #41 of 322
Thread Starter 
100 dead in Bataclan alone.
post #42 of 322
Quote:
Originally Posted by sosuke View Post


Really? Is it because of the big Muslim population that it's hard to regulate?

Lack of will or if they know where they are they are easier to keep tabs on, I don't know.

We have 10ish percent immigrants, who are mostly Muslims, so pending on who you ask yes/no.
post #43 of 322
I had no idea homme was in eodm. I saw them open for queens of the stone age once. Makes sense now.

Smoke seems to be clearing in paris. Hopefully a clearer picture emerges soon.
post #44 of 322
Thread Starter 
So if they took the hostages, made no demands, then started to kill all of them, is this a game changer for how they will handle future hostage situations? Will they now just rush in as soon as they can?
post #45 of 322
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reggs View Post

So if they took the hostages, made no demands, then started to kill all of them, is this a game changer for how they will handle future hostage situations? Will they now just rush in as soon as they can?

I'd be surprised if they don't already treat these as "active shooter" scenarios like they do in the US. Rush in, neutralize the target, and worry about the rest later.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Current Events, Power and Money
Styleforum › Forums › General › Current Events, Power and Money › Paris under attack again