or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › General › Current Events, Power and Money › Paris under attack again
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Paris under attack again - Page 2

post #16 of 324
Thread Starter 
Reuters says another shooting in Les Halles shopping mall.
post #17 of 324
Thread Starter 
Not sure I heard it correctly, but I think the president just said he decided to close all the boarders. Wow
post #18 of 324
Very reminiscent of the Mumbai attacks in 2008.
post #19 of 324
The Charli Hebdo attackers tried / escaped out of the country, so it's partly to avoid that.
post #20 of 324

BBC is reporting that at least some folks have left/escaped/been released from the concert hall.

 

at this point, i'm having a hard time imagining what the terms of the release of hostages could be?

 

what a hell.

post #21 of 324
French terror police is highly skilled, so they can have free'd them.
post #22 of 324
Quote:
Originally Posted by double00 View Post

BBC is reporting that at least some folks have left/escaped/been released from the concert hall.

at this point, i'm having a hard time imagining what the terms of the release of hostages could be?

what a hell.

Ive read reports of people trapped in the concert hall texting and tweeting that they're being killed 1 by 1.
post #23 of 324
France 24 reporter just told CNN, that the attackers slaughtered people with Kalashnikovs for 10 minutes, holy shit.
post #24 of 324
There's a rather unpleasant video floating out there. You can find it if you search for it.
post #25 of 324
The attackers are unmasked, so they don't plan on getting out alive.
post #26 of 324
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nil View Post


Ive read reports of people trapped in the concert hall texting and tweeting that they're being killed 1 by 1.


if true, then they're not hostages at all, just part of a slow-motion spectacle

 

but wouldn't the french authorities be compelled to storm the building given the circumstances?

post #27 of 324
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reggs View Post

Not sure I heard it correctly, but I think the president just said he decided to close all the boarders. Wow


A little too late for that.
post #28 of 324
EODM are safe... it's something. frown.gif

The three explosions have been declared as two suicide attacks and one "regular" bombing by a French police official.
post #29 of 324
This is going to be the Paris version of 9/11, i.e. an event that changes everything.
post #30 of 324
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post

This is going to be the Paris version of 9/11, i.e. an event that changes everything.

Doubt it. Charlie Hebdo was supposed to be that event but it became partially a victim blaming story. This will turn out to be some down on their luck, radicalized Muslims taught to be upset with the Western treatment of "fill in the blank" and after the initial anger dies down France and the rest of Europe will do some serious "reflection" on how to better integrate a subsection of the Muslim community that just does not want to integrate but rather destroy.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Current Events, Power and Money
Styleforum › Forums › General › Current Events, Power and Money › Paris under attack again