or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Manila Tailor
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Manila Tailor - Page 39

post #571 of 588
Quote:
Originally Posted by green garden View Post

Any suggestions in the Pasig/San Juan where I can get reliable alteration?

You could try the dry cleaner in basement of Podium. I can't remember the name, but it's not a Metropole branch (which I refuse to use since they have screwed up at least 3 articles of my clothing). I live in San Juan, and work in Pasig (Ortigas), and am struggling to think of any other place. Several years ago, I used Heel Sew Quick in Megamall for a very basic alteration, but am not sure I'd entrust anything more complicated to them.
post #572 of 588
Quote:
Originally Posted by green garden View Post

Any suggestions in the Pasig/San Juan where I can get reliable alteration? I got a BB jacket that needs some slimming in the waist. Would appreciate some recommendations.

hampton(?) in edsa shangri-la hotel.
post #573 of 588
Quote:
Originally Posted by pakwal View Post

Hello Everyone! I just joined and wanted to know if anyone can recommend a decent tailor for altering jeans (slim the legs) and shirts (take a few inches off the waist)? I tried Cornell's but was told their machines cannot do jeans and they do not do alterations in any case. A home service tailor would be great, but if you have a person somewhere around the Makati area, that would work perfectly as well.

I realize this question was asked quite a while ago. I've had jeans altered at Defacto Denim in the Mile Long Building on Amorsolo St corner of Ruffino in Makati; I was a customer for shirts there so had built up a bit of a relationship with Andre and Nicole before asking for jeans alternations. They have a chain stitch machine too - not on site - if you're particular about such things.

I'll add that Andre and Nicole are wonderful kids who will put forth a great effort to satisfy a customer. Their main focus is denim but sadly they don't do anything with raw. Obtaining the material is a hassle and as of yet there really isn't much demand for selvedge in the local market. Foreign customers have brought in their own material and Defacto will work with it. One caution re the jeans they make: the back pockets are ridiculously over decorated, so you may want to request plain pockets, which they will do. Keep in mind that communication between Andre and Nicole and whoever actually assembles the garments may not be the clearest, or your detalled instructions may just be simply ignored, so you'll really want to closely examine those items you order from them.
post #574 of 588
Quote:
Originally Posted by watchidiot View Post

Hi Folks, not sure if anybody is interested but I could not find a forum dedicated to Filipino Men's style, fashion and grooming. I know that we have this thread here (as well as threads in PinoyExchange, Philippine WatchIdiot, ect) that have subcategories for these topics, as well as great men's style blogs (kevinyapjoco's and david guison's) but I could not find a real community of Filipino men talking, discussing, and sharing about men's style. 

I feel that there is an empty space in the web for a user generated content website where Filipino men who's preference is to be well groomed and dressed can just simply discuss about this common interest of ours. Im a member of PhilippineWatchClub and I really like the camaraderie formed in that group and I think there is a potential to form the same within a group of Filipino men interested in style and fashion.

As I have an unused domain, I created dapperedph.com. It's an ad-free forum (hopefully it can remain that way as long as i can maintain the funds for its upkeep)that I hope can grow into a community with useful style and fashion information.

Hope to see you guys there!

I am certainly in on with this idea. I would also love to help build the website
post #575 of 588
Quote:
Originally Posted by acidboy View Post

hampton(?) in edsa shangri-la hotel.

Hi,

Are they also capable of doing decent buttonholes for suit jackets? Have had a lot of bad experience with local shops & am afraid to have it done locally now.

Best I've seen is the ones made by Cornells but too bad they don't accept alterations for clothes they didn't make.
post #576 of 588
I can only speak from my experience. I had an otr jacket and I had the waist taken in and I'm satisfied with their job.
post #577 of 588
Quote:
Originally Posted by krakatoa View Post


You could try the dry cleaner in basement of Podium. I can't remember the name, but it's not a Metropole branch (which I refuse to use since they have screwed up at least 3 articles of my clothing). I live in San Juan, and work in Pasig (Ortigas), and am struggling to think of any other place. Several years ago, I used Heel Sew Quick in Megamall for a very basic alteration, but am not sure I'd entrust anything more complicated to them.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by acidboy View Post


hampton(?) in edsa shangri-la hotel.

Thanks for the info.

post #578 of 588
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinyapjoco View Post


Secret Armory is still alive. They like to keep a low profile.

Tiño likes to market their suits as fashion and highlight the craftsmanship at the same time. That's probably why you don't like the photos that you see.

So low a profile that they don't reply to emails!:)

post #579 of 588
Quote:
Originally Posted by fknandrew View Post
 

So low a profile that they don't reply to emails!:)

 

You're not the first person to tell me that. I've had a few people email me about him not replying but they eventually were able to get in touch and get their suits.

post #580 of 588

Dropped you a PM. Check your inbox!

post #581 of 588
Quote:
Originally Posted by fknandrew View Post

So low a profile that they don't reply to emails!smile.gif

I initially met Mike (Secret Armory) back in March 29 and was going to commission a shirt and trousers to try him out. Left a sample of each so he can copy the details I wanted (height of the collar, collar length, trouser details, etc.) Came back April 12 to get the samples I left cuz I needed them to wear to a wedding. He then informed me that it would take him until June to complete my order because he was doing suits for a wedding entourage. He did offer to return the down payment I made (looking back, I should had taken this) because of the turn around time but decided to leave it with him since it was only a month.

A week before June, I started texting, calling, emailing him to ask for an update but no response. Up to this date, I have not gotten a reply with me trying to contact him every other day or every week at least. If anyone has had a good experience or is still in contact with him, kindly provide me his other contact details. Last option for me would be to just show up his place and demand my money back, if he still lives there that is.
post #582 of 588
Quote:
Originally Posted by alco View Post

I initially met Mike (Secret Armory) back in March 29 and was going to commission a shirt and trousers to try him out. Left a sample of each so he can copy the details I wanted (height of the collar, collar length, trouser details, etc.) Came back April 12 to get the samples I left cuz I needed them to wear to a wedding. He then informed me that it would take him until June to complete my order because he was doing suits for a wedding entourage. He did offer to return the down payment I made (looking back, I should had taken this) because of the turn around time but decided to leave it with him since it was only a month.

A week before June, I started texting, calling, emailing him to ask for an update but no response. Up to this date, I have not gotten a reply with me trying to contact him every other day or every week at least. If anyone has had a good experience or is still in contact with him, kindly provide me his other contact details. Last option for me would be to just show up his place and demand my money back, if he still lives there that is.

That sucks. Reminds me of the issues I had with the designer for the suit I wore for the wedding. He is a prominent young designer, makes suits for TV personalities and has won some accolades here and abroad. But was terrible with deadlines and remembering details of discussions previously agreed to.
post #583 of 588
Quote:
Originally Posted by alco View Post

...
A week before June, I started texting, calling, emailing him to ask for an update but no response. Up to this date, I have not gotten a reply with me trying to contact him every other day or every week at least. If anyone has had a good experience or is still in contact with him, kindly provide me his other contact details. Last option for me would be to just show up his place and demand my money back, if he still lives there that is.
If he told you June, why contact him repeatedly a week before? A week into June might be understandable.
post #584 of 588
Quote:
Originally Posted by emptym View Post

If he told you June, why contact him repeatedly a week before? A week into June might be understandable.

I tried to contact him once the week before June just to get an update so that I'll know how many more days or weeks to wait. As June came, that's when I repeatedly tried to contact him cuz I was getting worried about my orders. Even if the orders weren't ready, I would have appreciated a text or email to know the status.

It is almost July now & no response at all.
post #585 of 588
Quote:
Originally Posted by alco View Post

I tried to contact him once the week before June just to get an update so that I'll know how many more days or weeks to wait. As June came, that's when I repeatedly tried to contact him cuz I was getting worried about my orders. Even if the orders weren't ready, I would have appreciated a text or email to know the status.

It is almost July now & no response at all.

I for one don't see any issue texting in advance requesting for an update. I also agree that communication wasn't too much to ask for. Surely a PhP1 SMS would have gone a long way in in terms of customer satisfaction.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Manila Tailor