Hi guys, just a couple of questions:
1. Where can I buy pocket squares in Manila?
2. Would you know if the tailor at Tinio is still the one who was trained in Italy?
3. Wedding invite says "Coat and Tie", wedding is (probably) outdoors 4pm and reception follows. Would a black suit be appropriate? My alternative is a navy jacket with probably grey pants. What do you think? All the info in SF are for US or UK weddings, which are probably dressier than they are here. And in connection to Q. 1, would pocket squares be strange in the Philippine wedding scene for guests?
1. They have some at Rustan's but the selection is very limited. I usually buy them abroad.
3. Would the reception also be outdoors (if so, a lighter colored suit might be more appropriate if you have one)? A black suit would be appropriate for a Coat and Tie wedding. A blazer/sport coat and slacks combo may not be as appropriate. However, if you think most people will not be following the dress code, then go ahead and wear your blazer/SC.
And no, wearing a PS is not strange in the Philippines (especially for parties).