or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Manila Tailor
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Manila Tailor - Page 23

post #331 of 585
Quote:
Originally Posted by rnodern View Post

Thanks for your response! I will have to check out The Secret Armory Bespoke. For shoes, I think I will just wait until I next leave the country. I haven't had much luck with reliable delivery of items in this country. Customs are slow. and so far, only 50% of the packages have actually come through.

Maybe I am just lucky but I always get all of my orders.. 100%! I always have my orders shipped to my office in Makati so I deal with Makati Central Post Office and the customs officers there are already familiar with me.

I'll post photos of my suit from the Secret Armory as soon I it is finished. Turn over time is around 4 months.
post #332 of 585
Quote:
Originally Posted by rnodern View Post

Thanks for your response! I will have to check out The Secret Armory Bespoke. For shoes, I think I will just wait until I next leave the country. I haven't had much luck with reliable delivery of items in this country. Customs are slow. and so far, only 50% of the packages have actually come through.


i think the package delivery here in our country is ok. not really that good but not that bad. i have a package almost every 3 weeks and its all coming through.
post #333 of 585
Quote:
Originally Posted by rnodern View Post


you sure your a size 38 1/2 euro?
post #334 of 585
Quote:
Originally Posted by aon View Post

Maybe I am just lucky but I always get all of my orders.. 100%! I always have my orders shipped to my office in Makati so I deal with Makati Central Post Office and the customs officers there are already familiar with me.
I'll post photos of my suit from the Secret Armory as soon I it is finished. Turn over time is around 4 months.
Thanks for your reply. Maybe I am unlucky. I've purchased computer components and had them shipped to my apartment building. Of 4 packages ordered 3 months ago, only 2 have made it to me. Tracking on the missing items just states that it has been cleared for delivery in manila,, but have never recieved the slip to pick it up. Tried calling with the numbers on the website but they are all either disconnected or unattended. I've even visited the Makati post office to enquire but they haven't been able to locate them. I guess I am bad luck.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrUnicorn View Post

i think the package delivery here in our country is ok. not really that good but not that bad. i have a package almost every 3 weeks and its all coming through.
Thanks for your reply. I wish I've had that luck.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrUnicorn View Post

you sure your a size 38 1/2 euro?
My feet are essentially skis. Admittedly, I don't know what euro size I am, I just looked up 14us on a comparison chart. I'm used to us sizing in Australia.
post #335 of 585
Re: shipping, I prefer to use Johnny Air for stuff I buy from the US. Never had a problem with them.
I don't know if there are similar services for countries other than the US.
post #336 of 585
theyre quite expesive to ship try using FRS
post #337 of 585

I'd like to add that Cornell's makes some pretty nice shirts, they fit well (I did provide an ready to wear piece though as a guide) Fabric selection isn't too bad either, and they are prompt with their deadlines. All in all pretty happy with their work, just request that they make your shirt with removable collar stays.

post #338 of 585
ssup victor nice to see you here. ediee here
post #339 of 585

Hi Ediee! Yes, I usually just lurk around these parts but figured I'd contribute to this thread. I will try to see if Cornell's can make shirts with removable collars next, I'll add that to the linen obsession I've been having as of late.

 

Btw, how is FRS? Speedy delivery?

 

 

 

*Cornell's Custom Tailor 8485 Kalayaan Ave. Barangay Poblacion, Makati City, Tel: 896-65-24

post #340 of 585
have you been to abdul's?
post #341 of 585
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrUnicorn View Post

have you been to abdul's?

 

I've inquired before, but never got the chance to drop in and get a shirt done. Still looking for my "first" tailor.

post #342 of 585
you will love this guy i swear.
post #343 of 585
hi him up again. ive never seen a local tailor at this caliber
post #344 of 585
Hi, Is it reliable to have tailored clothes shipped by airmail from hong kong? Or just use courier? Also, are the customs fees significant?

I had clothes made from hong kong recently and i wanted to just order from them from manila.
post #345 of 585

iv been looking at his work on the blog, looks very good. do you know his prices? going to pinas in the end of february and want to get some good shirts.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Manila Tailor