or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Atlanta Shopping
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Atlanta Shopping - Page 3

post #31 of 62
I highly doubt the Saks in Atlanta is closing. I live in Birmingham, AL (a little over 2 hours away) and our Saks is doing fine. I'd be shocked if they closed the only Saks in a market much larger than the one here in Birmingham. They certainly have stores in much smaller markets that they'd close before they close Atlanta's.
post #32 of 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by jta1188 View Post
I highly doubt the Saks in Atlanta is closing. I live in Birmingham, AL (a little over 2 hours away) and our Saks is doing fine. I'd be shocked if they closed the only Saks in a market much larger than the one here in Birmingham. They certainly have stores in much smaller markets that they'd close before they close Atlanta's.

I find that hard to believe as well.
post #33 of 62
Saw some nice pima cotton polos at Saks this weekend. Luxurious hand and $65. For a few cheapies, Land's End has polos at $16 each as well ($20 less discount). Will pick up two of these today if they fit okay. Geox was having another sale. Picked up the Newton for $98 plus tax. Some decent selection left still. Probably will buy a second pair for the farm. The stylish new Monet style is in but only in black. The dark brown is expected in next 2 weeks. Anyone been to Filene's lately? Meant to stop by but got sidetracked.
post #34 of 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artisan Fan View Post
Anyone been to Filene's lately? Meant to stop by but got sidetracked.

Meh. They had some nice pocket squares earlier in the summer and a handful of nice Borelli and Aquascutum ties but that is about it. A couple scattered Brioni odd jackets and some other random pieces. Last time I went I think I saw five things that were interesting.
post #35 of 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by edinatlanta View Post
Meh. They had some nice pocket squares earlier in the summer and a handful of nice Borelli and Aquascutum ties but that is about it. A couple scattered Brioni odd jackets and some other random pieces. Last time I went I think I saw five things that were interesting.

+1. i thought their selection was weak overall. they had a mannequin rocking a linen shirt and madras jacket which looked cool though
post #36 of 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by edinatlanta View Post
Meh. They had some nice pocket squares earlier in the summer and a handful of nice Borelli and Aquascutum ties but that is about it. A couple scattered Brioni odd jackets and some other random pieces. Last time I went I think I saw five things that were interesting.

Bummer. Thanks for feedback. I have found that store to be very hit or miss.

P.S. There is a wall full of Made in Japan Cole Haan socks at Off Fifth Avenue (Discover Mills) for $10 each. A good sock at a good price.
post #37 of 62
Snagged the polos for $15.60 after discount. The new fall sportshirts at LE look decent actually and are priced at $40 each. I will try one soon. I'm going to H. Stockton tomorrow to see if Vineyard Vines shirts are on sale; will report back.
post #38 of 62
I was in Atlanta earlier this month visiting my sister and found nothing of interest on a quick trip to FB and Phipps/Lennox. Even Bennies was disappointing - no more Grensons.

I did find a beautiful selection of the Robert Talbott sterling cufflinks at Loehmann's (Briarcliff & N. Druid Hills) for $60 and bought a couple. They probably still have some and probably marked them down.
post #39 of 62
I have shoped at H. Stockton for a long time. They have a Lenox Square location, though I use the one in Midtown. Traditional menswear. Knowledgeable staff.
post #40 of 62
Atlanta shopping is a dismal affair...thank goodness for Sids.
post #41 of 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by whnay. View Post
Atlanta shopping is a dismal affair.

You mean you don't want shirts that fit like tents and jeans that fit at the knees?
post #42 of 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by whnay. View Post
Atlanta shopping is a dismal affair...thank goodness for Sids.

+1

Although I haven't been to SM in quite a while due to lack of funds..
post #43 of 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by tda003 View Post
I have shoped at H. Stockton for a long time. They have a Lenox Square location, though I use the one in Midtown. Traditional menswear. Knowledgeable staff.

A good place. The Dunwoody store is my favorite but Lenox is quite good. A bit conservative but very knowledgeable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whnay. View Post
Atlanta shopping is a dismal affair...thank goodness for Sids.

Sids is terrific. Michael Christopher and Guffeys are pretty good.
post #44 of 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by EL72 View Post
I did find a beautiful selection of the Robert Talbott sterling cufflinks at Loehmann's (Briarcliff & N. Druid Hills) for $60 and bought a couple. They probably still have some and probably marked them down.

I live around the corner and sometimes forget its even there, even though my wife likes the little Mexican place in the plaza. Although I usualy find an item or two when I do go in.
post #45 of 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tantive4 View Post
I live around the corner and sometimes forget its even there, even though my wife likes the little Mexican place in the plaza. Although I usualy find an item or two when I do go in.

I have to check this location out. Thanks.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Atlanta Shopping