or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF OCT 19, 2015
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF OCT 19, 2015 - Page 3

post #31 of 46
Help me understand shoulder fitting of a jacket please.

I measured my shoulders to be about 19 inches across the back. I have a jacket that is 19 inches in the shoulders, but has divots if I go to shake hands with someone. However, when standing with arms by my side, there are no divots. Sorry, don't have a picture, but how much wiggle room is there in a decent shoulder fit? Are divots ok when moving (gross movements, not slight arm swings) and extending?

Thanks for all of your help!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
post #32 of 46
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yogi15 View Post

Help me understand shoulder fitting of a jacket please.

I measured my shoulders to be about 19 inches across the back. I have a jacket that is 19 inches in the shoulders, but has divots if I go to shake hands with someone. However, when standing with arms by my side, there are no divots. Sorry, don't have a picture, but how much wiggle room is there in a decent shoulder fit? Are divots ok when moving (gross movements, not slight arm swings) and extending?

Thanks for all of your help!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Shoulder construction varies so you will have different fit results depending on the maker. If there are no divots with your arms by your side, you're fine. Snap a picture if you can.
post #33 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murlsquirl View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yogi15 View Post

Help me understand shoulder fitting of a jacket please.

I measured my shoulders to be about 19 inches across the back. I have a jacket that is 19 inches in the shoulders, but has divots if I go to shake hands with someone. However, when standing with arms by my side, there are no divots. Sorry, don't have a picture, but how much wiggle room is there in a decent shoulder fit? Are divots ok when moving (gross movements, not slight arm swings) and extending?

Thanks for all of your help!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Shoulder construction varies so you will have different fit results depending on the maker. If there are no divots with your arms by your side, you're fine. Snap a picture if you can.

Yeah, I'm finding I have divots on jackets with shoulders narrower and wider than mine. It seems to have a lot to do with my posture, sleeves, arm holes and jacket construction. Like some jackets are built for a particular posture.

I guess I can't get too picky since I'm a budget shopper. I get compliments on my outfits, so I'm thinking most people don't even notice and or I am being too picky.

Crazy though, I have sport jackets same size from the same company, but from different years and the fit is quite different. Incredible how these things can vary.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
post #34 of 46

They feel kinda tight, are they too tight or is this how they should fit? The pockets look nice and loose in the front by the way, which seems to be the number one way to tell if they are too tight.

 

Here's some pictures: http://postimg.org/gallery/1tr2e80ii/

post #35 of 46
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddresup View Post

They feel kinda tight, are they too tight or is this how they should fit? The pockets look nice and loose in the front by the way, which seems to be the number one way to tell if they are too tight.

Here's some pictures: http://postimg.org/gallery/1tr2e80ii/

Hey ddresup, next time at least warn me that I'm going to be looking at 4 different butt shots! They are too tight.
post #36 of 46
post #37 of 46
Hi there, what type of trousers go well with cashmere sportcoats?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
post #38 of 46
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yogi15 View Post

Hi there, what type of trousers go well with cashmere sportcoats?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

 

Flannel would be my first choice.

post #39 of 46
Thread Starter 
Quote:

 

Welcome to the forum, biscohuffer.  I wouldn't go with a blue suit.  Grey or navy are the better options.  

post #40 of 46

Can someone tell me whether you have to pay for alterations at suitsupply? I distinctly remember seeing a pricing section on their website but I see no sign of it now. 

 

Thanks :)

post #41 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabooku View Post

Can someone tell me whether you have to pay for alterations at suitsupply? I distinctly remember seeing a pricing section on their website but I see no sign of it now. 

Thanks smile.gif
Yes, you do.
post #42 of 46
http://m.ebay.com/itm/HESCHUNG-Brown-Leather-Split-Toe-Derby-Dress-Shoes-Mens-Size-9-5-Made-in-France-/301786412224?nav=SEARCH

http://m.ebay.com/itm/Sutor-Manellassi-Black-Oxford-Apron-Toe-Shoe-Size-9-5-Men-s-/272035993046?nav=SEARCH

I have a quick question? If you had to chose between these 2 shoes, which pair would you choose ? I need both brown and black in my wardrobe. Are the Sutor Montelassi's dated? Is that true Norvegese stitching, or simply there for aesthetics?
The last question pertains to both pair.
post #43 of 46
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShoeFinance77 View Post

http://m.ebay.com/itm/HESCHUNG-Brown-Leather-Split-Toe-Derby-Dress-Shoes-Mens-Size-9-5-Made-in-France-/301786412224?nav=SEARCH

http://m.ebay.com/itm/Sutor-Manellassi-Black-Oxford-Apron-Toe-Shoe-Size-9-5-Men-s-/272035993046?nav=SEARCH

I have a quick question? If you had to chose between these 2 shoes, which pair would you choose ? I need both brown and black in my wardrobe. Are the Sutor Montelassi's dated? Is that true Norvegese stitching, or simply there for aesthetics?
The last question pertains to both pair.

 

The Sutor sold.  Heschung makes nice shoes, but I'm not really fond of that one.

post #44 of 46

deleted post

post #45 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murlsquirl View Post
 

 

The Sutor sold.  Heschung makes nice shoes, but I'm not really fond of that one.

Did you like the Sutor or was it dated?  I just started getting in to high quality classic dress shoes versus trendy fashion shoes this past year, and I want to upgrade cheaply until I know exactly what my tastes are, but because I'm new to higher end well built shoes I don't recognize older looks as out of fashion.  Though to be honest, the men's shoes in general seem to revolve around classic styling without much variation relative to other men's apparel, like shirts. I'm not saying they don't have new looks, but classic looks seem to dominate men's shoe demand on the buy side.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF OCT 19, 2015