or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › [case closed] My first Indochino - should I ask for remake or refund? *REFUND*
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[case closed] My first Indochino - should I ask for remake or refund? *REFUND*

post #1 of 18
Thread Starter 

Just received my first m2m suit from Indochino (well, actually this was the first time I bought suit online, although my wife kept telling me not to). It looks really bulky (my wife was laughing while taking pic for me). I have to say I was very disappointed. 

 

Can you guys give me some suggestions - what should I do, take it to a local tailor for adjustments or send it back for remake? 

 

*************************************

Update: thanks for all your attention ... case closed, I'll be sending the whole package back for a full refund, it was the first time and probably the last time I've ever bought suit online, sigh

 

Anyone had experience buying a suit from the the following outlets? Please share, thanks!

Nordstrom rack

Saks OFF 5TH

Armani Outlet 

Ferragamo outlet


Edited by fcong - 10/14/15 at 4:15pm
post #2 of 18
Looks like a cheap suit to me.....oh it is a cheap suit.
post #3 of 18
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Reeves View Post

Looks like a cheap suit to me.....oh it is a cheap suit.

 

So... it's not even worth to have it adjusted?

post #4 of 18
Welcome to the forum. You can try posting here http://www.styleforum.net/t/265924/the-tailors-thread-fit-feedback-and-alteration-suggestions....but I think most will tell you to get your money back. It doesn't matter if it's a cheap suit or not, it should still fit properly....and that does not. Sorry, man.
post #5 of 18
Get your money back or burn it - then never try to get anything made online again.
post #6 of 18
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murlsquirl View Post

Welcome to the forum. You can try posting here http://www.styleforum.net/t/265924/the-tailors-thread-fit-feedback-and-alteration-suggestions....but I think most will tell you to get your money back. It doesn't matter if it's a cheap suit or not, it should still fit properly....and that does not. Sorry, man.

 

Thanks for letting me know! Next time I'll post my questions there. I'm sorry

post #7 of 18
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by GBR View Post

Get your money back or burn it - then never try to get anything made online again.

 

Alright :-( 

post #8 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by fcong View Post

Thanks for letting me know! Next time I'll post my questions there. I'm sorry

No need to apologize. Don't mind GBR....he is obsessed with fire for whatever odd reason....99.9% of his posts contain the words "burn it". He needs a hug.
post #9 of 18

 

post #10 of 18
i have seen a lot worse.

not sure what sort of outlets are in the garment for a tailor to even work with.

the pants can be salvaged. just let out the hip.

the jacket will be fine as long as you never button the coat....

the jacket can not be altered to fit properly. too much wrong.
post #11 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Reeves View Post

Looks like a cheap suit to me.....oh it is a cheap suit.

All I'll say here is that Indochino was my (and no doubt many others) first step into anything made for me. After one suit I realized a lot about fit and quality and stepped up to my local tailors who have made many much monies off me. It's a feeder system (farm club?) for people like you if you make 'em feel welcome.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GBR View Post

Get your money back or burn it - then never try to get anything made online again.

But also this. For sure this.
post #12 of 18

I'm very new to this, so it would be nice if people could point out why/how/where the suit is not fitting well.

 

To me, it looks too tight in the chest when buttoned, and the pants are too tight in the hips, causing the pockets to bulge out.

 

What else am I missing?

post #13 of 18
you are correct about the pants.

those can be let out(hopefully)

the balance of the jacket is way off.
the collar opening of the jacket is too big.
you do not seem that hard to fit.
you would be better off in a half way decent RTW suit

indochino makes a awful garment.
post #14 of 18

It's just too short and the button-stance is too high. You look like you're wearing a Short suit. 

post #15 of 18
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirtmaven View Post

you are correct about the pants.

those can be let out(hopefully)

the balance of the jacket is way off.
the collar opening of the jacket is too big.
you do not seem that hard to fit.
you would be better off in a half way decent RTW suit

indochino makes a awful garment.

 

You're right, I was kinda shocked when I put them on this morning ... all my RTW suits are way better than this one, sigh 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › [case closed] My first Indochino - should I ask for remake or refund? *REFUND*