or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Wolf vs Goat Appreciation Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Wolf vs Goat Appreciation Thread - Page 83

post #1231 of 1414
Quote:
Originally Posted by psychodealer View Post
 

I found the explorer sweater. Looks like it was a Cardigan. 

 

https://www.instagram.com/p/96fZEfAg1a/

 

Why weren't they made? They look pretty good and thick.


They were pretty expensive and not many people pre-ordered.

post #1232 of 1414
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheen View Post


They were pretty expensive and not many people pre-ordered.

That kind of sucks... How much were they?
post #1233 of 1414

IIRC the eplorers were around $300. I think the most expensive sweaters were around $500. One of the issues Mauro faces a lot is that he loves to make unique and interesting pieces with luxury materials and construction but it doesn't always jive with his customer base. A lot of people go to him for stuff in the $100 range for upgraded basics, and its hard for him to move pricier stuff sometimes, like the Nicos. It's one of the reasons so many people pushed for him to go pre-order only. Most times it works out ok but in the case of the sweaters it kind of bombed.

post #1234 of 1414

Yeah I remember they were really nice, and had a good amount of cashmere in them, but quite expensive.

post #1235 of 1414
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nik Telford View Post

IIRC the eplorers were around $300. I think the most expensive sweaters were around $500. One of the issues Mauro faces a lot is that he loves to make unique and interesting pieces with luxury materials and construction but it doesn't always jive with his customer base. A lot of people go to him for stuff in the $100 range for upgraded basics, and its hard for him to move pricier stuff sometimes, like the Nicos. It's one of the reasons so many people pushed for him to go pre-order only. Most times it works out ok but in the case of the sweaters it kind of bombed.

Wow. That is really expensive. The $100 shirts I can swallow but the price on the sweaters are just too much. How much of an advantage can his sweaters have over the starks? There's quite a bit of diminishing return when it comes to stuff like that imo.
post #1236 of 1414
Starks (which retail around $300) are actually really coarse (most SNS sweaters are IME), and at least part of the construction takes place in Latvia or somewhere like that. I think Mauro was using more expensive materials (cashmere and cashwool) and more expensive labor (Italy and US).
post #1237 of 1414

I think the wools came in around 200 or so and the cashmere 450, both nicer than the stark IMO.

post #1238 of 1414
Quote:
Originally Posted by notwithit View Post

Starks (which retail around $300) are actually really coarse (most SNS sweaters are IME), and at least part of the construction takes place in Latvia or somewhere like that. I think Mauro was using more expensive materials (cashmere and cashwool) and more expensive labor (Italy and US).

Cashmere and Cashwool huh? I think I would've probably went after a Cashwool, considering I don't really think cashmere wool is worth it.

 

I see... So Starks are rougher than even Mauro's less soft offering. Was the $200 before or after the membership discount?

 

I would've probably went after a marled Cardigan.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by janoy89 View Post
 

I think the wools came in around 200 or so and the cashmere 450, both nicer than the stark IMO.

 

Wow. Cashmere is expensive. But I guess if it's that good.

post #1239 of 1414
Quote:
Originally Posted by psychodealer View Post

I found the explorer sweater. Looks like it was a Cardigan. 

https://www.instagram.com/p/96fZEfAg1a/

Why weren't they made? They look pretty good and thick.

Seeing that causes pangs of regret. Makes me wonder why I didn't order one. Haven't seen one as nice since.
post #1240 of 1414
Quote:
Originally Posted by oynag View Post


Seeing that causes pangs of regret. Makes me wonder why I didn't order one. Haven't seen one as nice since.

I don't know if anyone got one. I wish I got it too but I don't think any of those got made. 

post #1241 of 1414
Quote:
Originally Posted by oynag View Post

Seeing that causes pangs of regret. Makes me wonder why I didn't order one. Haven't seen one as nice since.
Really is a shame. I will be ordering one if he offers the cardigan in a color I like next time.
post #1242 of 1414
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nik Telford View Post

I don't know if anyone got one. I wish I got it too but I don't think any of those got made. 

That's what I mean! What if Mauro was one order short because I lost focus! The pangs, they've increased.
post #1243 of 1414
Quote:
Originally Posted by psychodealer View Post

Wow. That is really expensive. The $100 shirts I can swallow but the price on the sweaters are just too much. How much of an advantage can his sweaters have over the starks? There's quite a bit of diminishing return when it comes to stuff like that imo.

I dont know all the prices. The Connery I bought was only $170 w/ the VIP discount and was a great value.
post #1244 of 1414
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenbear View Post

I dont know all the prices. The Connery I bought was only $170 w/ the VIP discount and was a great value.
Oh wow! That is a good price. What did the Connery look like?
post #1245 of 1414

I so would have bought the explorer if I didn't have a stark already. One sweater of that collar type is more than enough for me. He had a mock up with a shawl that I would have insta-copped, but that never went into production :(

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Wolf vs Goat Appreciation Thread