Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Wolf vs Goat Appreciation Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Wolf vs Goat Appreciation Thread

post #1 of 1676
Thread Starter 

With the closure of the official affiliate thread, we needed a new place to gather and talk about WvG. An official appreciation thread seemed better than posting in the Denim contest thread so...here we are.

post #2 of 1676

Yay. I agree, hijacking the denim thread was kinda weird.

​Mauro just posted a short blog post, btw: http://www.wolfvsgoat.com/blogs/blog/46836673-update

post #3 of 1676
Is it me or are the new shirts long as shit?
post #4 of 1676

Anyone unable to complete an order for the new newsletter that just came out?

post #5 of 1676
Hrmm...can't decide among 3, 4, or 5.
post #6 of 1676
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renalan View Post

Is it me or are the new shirts long as shit?




Hard to say. The new size chart gives both the front length and back length. The size chart on the older shirts only gave one figure. 

If you take a 42 BD from the new size chart you get a front hip length of 25.25" and a rear center length of 29.75". The older size chart lists a medium BD with a length of 29". I would say it should be comparable.


Edited by falathar - 10/6/15 at 2:14pm
post #7 of 1676
I get that Mauro probably didn't want to deal with criticism/backlash on here but don't understand how this is going to be better for business. Obviously, plenty of brands flourish outside of SF but I rarely see WvG mentioned anywhere (hell, his IG isn't even linked to the website), and I don't see how it's enough to just be an Italian Gustin/TS. (and yes, I get that he claims SFers made up a small % of customers, but this site gets a ton of traffic...just cause someone isn't posting doesn't mean they don't lurk.) Regardless, hope it works out.
post #8 of 1676

Ugh I was at a job interview all day and missed all the good flannels. Bastards.

post #9 of 1676

was there a newsletter today?  i didn't get anything.

 

edit...nvm it went into my spam for some reason.  that's a first.  damn damn damnnnnnn

post #10 of 1676
Picked up the burgundy flannel. It's oddly difficult to find a nice solid-colored flannel these days.

Did other people know about the free shipping thing? That's pretty rad.
post #11 of 1676
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klemins View Post

I get that Mauro probably didn't want to deal with criticism/backlash on here but don't understand how this is going to be better for business. Obviously, plenty of brands flourish outside of SF but I rarely see WvG mentioned anywhere (hell, his IG isn't even linked to the website), and I don't see how it's enough to just be an Italian Gustin/TS. (and yes, I get that he claims SFers made up a small % of customers, but this site gets a ton of traffic...just cause someone isn't posting doesn't mean they don't lurk.) Regardless, hope it works out.


It kinda depends.  I agree that brand exposure does seem like a problem for WvG, but as was said in the denim thread, Mauro took offense to a lot of stuff unnecessarily and lead to some pretty poor exchanges with customers.  I never had any issues with him, but I have seen some of them here and that's not good for the brand or Mauro's blood pressure. 

 

PR doesn't seem to be in Mauro's skill set, so maybe he can use that energy elsewhere and really just let the clothes speak for themselves.

post #12 of 1676

Knit sweaters look pretty interesting... anyone have any info if they'll be doing the popcorn knit sweaters? I doubt anyone has information but worth a shot. 

post #13 of 1676

Anyone hear anything about the pre-order Toni knit blazers?  I thought I remembered delivery being slated for September.

post #14 of 1676
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjolnir View Post
 

Knit sweaters look pretty interesting... anyone have any info if they'll be doing the popcorn knit sweaters? I doubt anyone has information but worth a shot. 

I haven't heard about popcorn...  I hope the knit sweaters aren't as slim as last year...that's one reason I held off.  I don't know if I'd have to size up or just pass on them altogether.  They look nice though...

post #15 of 1676
If you don't follow the blog, there's a Columbus Day Sale going on now for a lot of the older stuff. Mainly shirts and ties.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Wolf vs Goat Appreciation Thread