I didn't get to handle it, but I was unpacking seltzer next to their booth all morning and all their stuff looked really well done. Their croc sneakers were pretty bad ass.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandBespoke Englandtagged by LA Guy, 10/4/15
- brandCarminatagged by LA Guy, 10/4/15
- brandEpaulettagged by LA Guy, 10/4/15
- categoryFootweartagged by LA Guy, 10/4/15
- categoryJacketstagged by LA Guy, 10/4/15
- brandKent Wangtagged by LA Guy, 10/4/15
- brandNo Man Walks Alonetagged by LA Guy, 10/4/15
- categorySuitstagged by LA Guy, 10/4/15
- brandThe Hanger Projecttagged by LA Guy, 10/4/15
- topicTrunk Showtagged by LA Guy, 10/4/15
Related Forum Threads
- Styleforum Gives 2015 - Our annual holiday charity auctions for the Ronald McDonald House. Last post on 11/30/16 at 9:18am in Classic Menswear
- Styleforum 2014 Holiday Charity Auctions - 100% of proceeds go to support the Ronald McDonald... Last post on 4/2/15 at 3:45pm in Classic Menswear
- *** Styleforum New York Trunk Show and Pop-up Shop, Nov 7-8 *** Last post on 11/8/15 at 12:44pm in Classic Menswear
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 5:47 am in Classic Menswear
- ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ Last post on Yesterday at 7:45 pm in Classic Menswear
Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015
Last edited: 10/6/15
- Where can I buy an affordable suit for my wedding?Last edited: 3/24/16
- The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015Last edited: 7/12/15
- The Kent Wang Cufflink GiveawayLast edited: 4/26/16
- Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for Under $800Last edited: 4/26/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Styleforum and A&H present "The Proper Kit" Trunk show in NYC, Nov 7 2015 - Page 23post #331 of 37311/12/15 at 6:55ampost #332 of 37311/12/15 at 7:49amQuote:
I had a chance to look at their samples. The finish on the croc is especially nice. It has a modern elegant look with the color options and matt finish, unlike most croc accessories of the 80's and 90's that tended to be shiny and intense colors. Look at how the croc's scales are accented
Here are a few of the colors. The lighting makes the red a bit more intense than IRL but the other colors like the greys, etc., look pretty true to the samples I saw at the show.
I wish I had more time to spend talking with them, they were a delightful team. And, they can make just about anything for you. Want croc sneakers to match the interior color of your Bentley or private jet? No problem! Check out the stunning blue croc tote back on the table.post #333 of 37311/12/15 at 10:41amJust a shout out to Styleforum for being a part of such an amazingly setup event that Proper Kit and all the affiliates had setup. Great time and wonderful memories(well what the bourbon allowed). Picked up some products and am looking forward to doing business with a lot more of you. Great time talking to folks including Kevin, Marc, and many more!post #334 of 37311/13/15 at 10:08amQuote:Originally Posted by Synthese
Fok's remiss in his duties, but before we start posting a million photos I want to take a minute to especially thank all of the volunteers who helped out on Saturday. Without you guys, we absolutely would not have pulled it off. Don, Kevin, Justin, Andy, Seff, Ken, Greg, and everyone else who chipped in (a thousand apologies if I'm forgetting anyone) - I may have been tired and grumpy, but I can't tell you how much it meant. Thanks, and thanks again.
Thanks guys. it was a lot of fun hanging out with you folks and the other SFers that volunteered afterwards.
I flew in from Toronto for the show, and while I had an idea of what to expect, the overall experience blew those expectations sky-high. I wish I was able to speak to more SFers; I spent a good chunk of the show dialing in sizes for the various brands.
And the eclairs. Oh my God, the eclairs. The ginger beer and the lobster macaroni and cheese were good too.
My damage done at the show was a Scott & Charters lambswool sweater from No Man Walks Alone (thanks for putting up with me, Kyle!) and a tie from Yellow Hook (it was a pleasure speaking with you, Rob & Courtney!).
My wish is that we have something like this in Canada one day. One can dream.post #335 of 37311/13/15 at 10:35am
These are some pictures that we took during the event, we hope soon to rearrange something together.
Luigi Cordone Showing the history the company Cordone 1956
The example the bespoke suit
The Fabrics for bespoke shirt
Finally I would like to thank all those who love cordone1956 that we have come to find.
Luigipost #336 of 37311/13/15 at 1:17pmpost #337 of 37311/13/15 at 3:13pmpost #338 of 37311/14/15 at 12:27pmpost #339 of 37311/14/15 at 1:02pmpost #340 of 37311/15/15 at 7:39pmpost #341 of 37311/16/15 at 8:12amQuote:
by Neil Watson
We’re really not trying to drill into this too hard or anything, but we’d really love to let you into our store. When Style Forum asked us to partner up on making something special we couldn’t just put together a store like any other. What you have here is a dedicated list of people truly gassed up on one vision: only the best possible product, setting and experience. Voilà, what you have here is just that. An amalgamate of the best, by the best. Here’s the feature length of our foray into a full-on store.
Thanks again to the guys over at NotionBLVD for putting this together.post #342 of 37311/16/15 at 8:49am
Cross post from the Carmina thread re: trunk show
Quote:Originally Posted by rbhan12
Just wanted to give some feedback and my thanks to the Carmina folks who attended The Proper Kit trunk show. As I was ordering, one of the gentleman (whose name is slipping my mind) came to me and said "take this, but don't tell anyone!"
I already had few glasses of wine, so without thinking much of it I just put it in my pocket. He said "No no no! Look!" I didn't quite realize this was a pouch, I actually thought it was just a piece of leather from a swatch book or something. So, I look inside the pouch, and after some wiggling, I find this:
The cardholder was brand new when given to me, the creases are from my use over the past week or so.
I had to contain my excitement as he then said again "Don't show anyone else!" I was blown away by this gesture. I didn't know Carmina made a line of leather goods, maybe they are just experimenting with extra leather. Either way, the lizard skin (?) and craftsmanship is very good. Needless to say, Carmina has another loyalist.post #343 of 37311/16/15 at 9:10ampost #344 of 37311/16/15 at 9:40ampost #345 of 37311/16/15 at 2:59pmI had the chance to meet Luigi from Cordone at the trunk show. I had viewed their website before the show and was interested in their handmade shirts and accessories. I was able to try on their samples and ordered several MTM shirts with two different collars. I expect the first one soon and will let you know how it turns out.
Bruce Boyer picked up one of Luigi's deep green ties in a small repeat pattern.
- Where can I buy an affordable suit for my wedding?
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 7 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 10 minutes ago
- › Carmina brown captoes Inca last Size 12.5 12 minutes ago
- › The Official Beer Thread 15 minutes ago
- › How many miles did you run today? 27 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 27 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 28 minutes ago
- › Meermin Mallorca Shoes 29 minutes ago
- › Lanieri Online MTM suits Made in Italy - Official Affiliate Thread 36 minutes ago
- › The Official Artisanal "streetwear" footwear (boots, shoes,... 37 minutes ago
- › Men’s The Original 3” Boxerjock® Boxer Briefs... by Alper
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...