Sherry Lehmann is unquestionably the best outlet for fine wines. Expensive but has an unrivalled selection.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandBespoke Englandtagged by LA Guy, 10/4/15
- brandCarminatagged by LA Guy, 10/4/15
- brandEpaulettagged by LA Guy, 10/4/15
- categoryFootweartagged by LA Guy, 10/4/15
- categoryJacketstagged by LA Guy, 10/4/15
- brandKent Wangtagged by LA Guy, 10/4/15
- brandNo Man Walks Alonetagged by LA Guy, 10/4/15
- categorySuitstagged by LA Guy, 10/4/15
- brandThe Hanger Projecttagged by LA Guy, 10/4/15
- topicTrunk Showtagged by LA Guy, 10/4/15
Related Forum Threads
- Styleforum Gives 2015 - Our annual holiday charity auctions for the Ronald McDonald House. Last post on 11/30/16 at 9:18am in Classic Menswear
- Styleforum 2014 Holiday Charity Auctions - 100% of proceeds go to support the Ronald McDonald... Last post on 4/2/15 at 3:45pm in Classic Menswear
- *** Styleforum New York Trunk Show and Pop-up Shop, Nov 7-8 *** Last post on 11/8/15 at 12:44pm in Classic Menswear
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 4:26 am in Classic Menswear
- ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ Last post on Yesterday at 9:15 pm in Classic Menswear
Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015
Last edited: 10/6/15
- Where can I buy an affordable suit for my wedding?Last edited: 3/24/16
- The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015Last edited: 7/12/15
- The Kent Wang Cufflink GiveawayLast edited: 4/26/16
- Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for Under $800Last edited: 4/26/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Styleforum and A&H present "The Proper Kit" Trunk show in NYC, Nov 7 2015 - Page 11post #152 of 37310/14/15 at 1:29pmQuote:
All MTOs and discounts are only for those who order in person right? (can't order online/through email)post #153 of 37310/14/15 at 2:35pmpost #154 of 37310/14/15 at 4:09pmpost #155 of 37310/14/15 at 5:19pmThread Starter
Can you take a picture of the bag that we'll do a real time auction for on this thread on the day of the show, so that everyone, even people who refuse to fly in from Sydney for this, can participate?
Fok.post #156 of 37310/14/15 at 6:43pmpost #157 of 37310/14/15 at 6:54pm
Fok, I will. I could start it in a few days, probably after the weekend, I am just so swamped and trying to fit it in. When i do start I'll take some progress photos and update the thread.
I am looking forward to this briefcase, it is going to be a new style for me, specifically to introduce this trunk show and let me tell the people not coming from Sydney, this is a hot show, better than the javit project shows where you get lost. This is more personal, relaxed with some real talent.
This new design is going to have my Hampton lock in Palladium. It is going to be an old school English classic style, with those front buckle straps i know everyone loves that follows classic menswear.post #158 of 37310/14/15 at 7:15pmpost #159 of 37310/14/15 at 8:38pmThread Starterpost #160 of 37310/14/15 at 11:54pmpost #161 of 37310/15/15 at 4:05am
I wanted to show you guys a sneak peek at a collection we'll be launching exclusively at the event, a series of pocket squares using a classic Japanese motif called "segaiha", which is commonly used to represent waves in the ocean, and likely a pattern you've seen before.
Within it, we've worked into the pattern a koi fish, which can carry a variety of symbolic meanings including success, prosperity and good fortune. Although originally from China, the selective breeding of Koi fish for their distinctive colorings and patterns is generally considered a result of Japanese tradition.
Hope you enjoy and please share your thoughts, these will only be for you during the show; we'll likely launch them officially on our site a few weeks after.post #162 of 37310/15/15 at 7:44ampost #163 of 37310/15/15 at 8:45am
My name is Chris Tuazon, and I'm a correspondent for Art & Hustle. I'm writing a few pieces to help introduce the brands attending The Proper Kit.
Up first is Atlanta, Georgia's Res Ipsa, a men's accessories and footwear maker. Please get to know the story of two lawyers and a runaway barrel of flour.Quote:
The Interpretation of Law
Men’s clothing is a subject of history, utility, and masculinity. Because of these, laws govern everything from the appropriate width of a necktie to the manners of wearing a hat indoors. Res Ipsa challenges these guidelines with pieces that respect the foundations of these rules, while throwing the rule book out the window.
From necessity, the owners of Res Ipsa launched the brand to reintroduce a sense of style into courtroom proceedings. Representing clients in standard blues and grays, Atlanta-based lawyers Josh Moore and Odini Gogo sought a solution to the conservative palette. Easing into office-friendly neckties, as well as odes to Southern charm with a collection of bow ties, they have recently stated their case for bolder colors and patterns, inspired by their international collaboration and globetrotting spirit. What they have created is collection sure to raise as many eyebrows as objections.
One such offering is their line of Harris Tweed footwear, such as the brown melange chukka. The chukka itself, like its playmate the jodhpur, was born on Indian polo fields. In order to last through match periods, or chukkers, these shoes required calfskin or suede construction. Whereas a tweed variety may not help you win the favor of polo teammates, the makers of Harris Tweed may claim violation in their own right. For a fabric under the protection of Scottish national authority – the Harris Tweed Act of 1993 – its guardians probably did not imagine their treadle loomed pieces to serve beneath the ankle cuff. But in footwear, these swatches of tweed create earthy anchors to any casual look.
With traditional Turkish rugs, leave it for Res Ipsa to create a new use out of these woven tapestries. While journeying through Istanbul markets, Josh and Odini picked out these hand-woven kilims, then pared them down into into loafers, boots, and weekender bags. While one kilim may produce multiple pairs of shoes, no single one would be the same. The result: truly unique items made from one-of-a-kind creations.
Some may cry foul over such wanton disregard for the established rules of storied wear, but Res Ipsa make, perhaps exclaim a point. These laws, rules, guidelines . . . whatever you call them, they’re meant to be broken. That is the color of life that makes the ordinary something extra. And maybe Josh and Odini aren’t even looking to break anything at all. Their jobs exist upon the foundation that laws – in court and cloth – are up for interpretation.
Res ipsa loquitur translates to “the thing speaks for itself.” In the history of law, this ruling first applied in an 1863 case involving a barrel of flour falling from a second-story loft upon a plaintiff’s head. The ruling was swift because the facts required no explanation. As a closing argument, this company offers the same with their unconventional twists in clothing. In the end, follow rules or break them. Wear and do what you wish, and let that speak for itself.
Edited by the honor roll - 10/16/15 at 4:57pmpost #164 of 37310/15/15 at 11:28ampost #165 of 37310/15/15 at 11:29am
- Where can I buy an affordable suit for my wedding?
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 1 minute ago
- › Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos 2 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2017 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice,... 2 minutes ago
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 3 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 3 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Toronto Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 10 minutes ago
- › Suit Decision Please Help! 10 minutes ago
- › MILER Menswear - Official Affiliate Thread 12 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 12 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...