Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › H.N. White - Handmade English Ties - Official Affiliate Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

H.N. White - Handmade English Ties - Official Affiliate Thread - Page 11

post #151 of 738
Thread Starter 

I've just taken delivery of some very special solid sterling silver tie pins. These have been specially made for me, so you won't see them anywhere else. The metal has a 'hammered' texture, so it is purposefully not 100% round, but rather charmingly imperfect.

 

I wear mine to secure my tie to my shirt, but you can equally use it through your collar to create a nice arch in the tie in somewhat of a more preppy style. Some further reading on this style here.

 

 

post #152 of 738

Those pins look great!

 

Sporting my new navy cashmere tie from @hnwhite

 

Worn with a Kamakura shirt, green flannel suit by Boglioli, wine cardigan by Pringle of Scotland and #8 tassels by Alden. All solids except for the socks.

 

 

post #153 of 738
Thread Starter 
Absolutely love it, the tie looks boss!! Thanks for posting such high quality photos. Have to meet for longer next time you are in London
post #154 of 738
Hey Harry,

Have an idea. Any way you can make some vicuña ties?

Brioni and LP have both done it.
post #155 of 738
Quote:
Originally Posted by othertravel View Post

Hey Harry,

Have an idea. Any way you can make some vicuña ties?

Brioni and LP have both done it.

Can absolutely be done. Have my eyes on a few lengths of vicuña, but it won't be cheap. Any preference on colour? Think if would only make sense to have it made up in a 5 fold, handrolled hems.

Hopefully have some green Kiton cashmere incoming for @Cleav. Again, not cheap but hopefully makes for a wonderful tie.
post #156 of 738
^ nod[1].gif
post #157 of 738
As promised, pics in the wild of my brown fina grenadine. Beautiful tie! Loving the knot.

post #158 of 738
Just placed my first order, very much looking forward to it!

Sadly, after spending a couple of weeks browsing and deciding what to get, the model that I by far wanted most - royal blue with white circles - has sold out!

Any chance of a remake on that one? shog[1].gif
post #159 of 738
Quote:
Originally Posted by inimitable View Post

Can absolutely be done. Have my eyes on a few lengths of vicuña, but it won't be cheap. Any preference on colour? Think if would only make sense to have it made up in a 5 fold, handrolled hems.

Hopefully have some green Kiton cashmere incoming for @Cleav. Again, not cheap but hopefully makes for a wonderful tie.

Any idea what this would cost us?
post #160 of 738

any real life pictures of the navy handrolled grenadine?

 

many thanks.

post #161 of 738
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by The False Prophet View Post

Just placed my first order, very much looking forward to it!

Sadly, after spending a couple of weeks browsing and deciding what to get, the model that I by far wanted most - royal blue with white circles - has sold out!

Any chance of a remake on that one? shog[1].gif

So glad that you've been coveting some of my ties :D

 

I hadn't planned to remake the royal blue, but I can have a few made up if you are interested in one. Perhaps you can send me a PM and we can discuss options etc.

post #162 of 738
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anden View Post

Any idea what this would cost us?

I think a classic (i.e. safe) colour would be great for a first run. Something like navy herringbone, perhaps? An SFer had a navy herringone made from 100% Vicuna up for sale a while back, and it was a nice looking tie.
post #163 of 738
It seems to me this is an interesting juncture to consider how you'd like to develop your business:
- Like Sam Hober and Cappelli, with an extensive collection of silks that only changes relatively little over time.
- Like Drake's, where you have a collection that changes every half year
- Like Meermin's MTO groups, where every tie is a limited run only available for a short time.

Or a combination, of course smile.gif. At any rate, keep up the good work, I'm very much looking forward to the mogadors.
post #164 of 738
Thread Starter 

Hi Guys,

 

Just to let you know that you can use the code 'blackfriday' to take a whopping 30% off your orders over £100. Code will be valid over the weekend.

 

The sf20 code will no longer be in use. New collection arrives in January :slayer:

 

Cheers

 

Harry

post #165 of 738

looking very much forward to it.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › H.N. White - Handmade English Ties - Official Affiliate Thread