I disagree with that assessment. It's just a matter of preference.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- FRIDAY CHALLENGE 26TH FEBRUARY 2016 BROWN TIE CHALLENGE (BTC) Last post on 3/2/16 at 4:36am in Classic Menswear
- FRIDAY CHALLENGE 19th February 2016 The Green Tie Challenge! Last post on 2/23/16 at 10:32pm in Classic Menswear
- TEN TIES, FIVE JACKETS (10/5 THREAD): Fall-Winter Edition Last post on 9/29/16 at 9:34am in Classic Menswear
- Murl the Squirl's Adventure Across the Pond Last post on 4/27/16 at 7:06am in Classic Menswear
- Consolidated Sales: Tom Ford, Stile Latino, Cesare Attolini, Roda, Dolcepunta, Tie Your Tie,... Last post on 12/19/15 at 10:47am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Why the Four-in-hand is always better than the windsor knot
Last edited: 3/24/16
- What tie would work best with a medium-blue suit for a wedding?Last edited: 2/23/16
- What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?Last edited: 2/9/16
- What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?Last edited: 2/4/16
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
H.N. White - Handmade English Ties - Official Affiliate Thread - Page 10post #136 of 66111/15/15 at 11:36ampost #137 of 66111/15/15 at 12:06pmThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by othertravel
Just picked up my ties from Harry, and here are my initial thoughts:
1. The presentation is fantastic. Nice box with a hand written letter from Harry.
2. First tie is a 100% silk navy with white pin dots. I compared the silk with a recent Drake's I purchased, and the feel, drape and texture are very similar. Will show pics of how it knots when I wear it for the first time. Overall, very impressed.
3. Second tie is the brown fina grenadine. Compared it to a grenadine I purchased from a very well known Savile Row tailor and an igent approved Italian tie maker, and the H.N. White is definitely notches above. Nice silk, drape and texture.
In conclusion: Extremely impressed by the quality of the ties. Will be ordering more from Harry before the New Year.
And will post pics in the wild very soon.
Thanks again Harry!
Thanks for the review! So great to hear your thoughts.post #138 of 66111/15/15 at 12:19pmThread StarterQuote:
Yes agree photos can be difficult to convey actual colour. Would say it is pretty true dark brown. Probably a hair lighter than dark chocolate (if that is what you mean) which to me is heading on the way to black. Can always send some extra photos if you like.post #139 of 66111/15/15 at 1:35pmThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by CrimsonWave
Finally a high quality yet reasonably priced tie maker, with ties in a 9cm width! (Apart from Vanda and Sam Hober of course) I have come across many nice designs from high quality tie makers that I could not use because they were too thin. I hope that this brand continues to grow so that more designs can be offered.
Edit: In particular, personally, I would like to see more striped designs, both printed and woven, but especially the latter. Vanda and Hober have put out some great striped grenadines. To me, ties are meant for business occasions and I've since eschewed non-silk ties and unfinished (raw, tussah or shantung) silk ties, as well as ties that do not have a dark coloured base (navy, burgundy, dark brown and dark grey). Sadly there appears to be a dearth of silk ties with a dark grey base, and hopefully HNW will offer these in time to come.
Thanks for your kind words. Will be continually trying to offer new, attractive designs at fair prices.
Stripes are most usually woven by nature. Shall hopefully be featuring striped grenadines, mogador and some muted prints in silk and wool challis come January. Most will be based around a dark coloured base, with a few surprises along the way.post #140 of 66111/16/15 at 1:45ampost #141 of 66111/16/15 at 5:05amThread Starterpost #142 of 66111/16/15 at 10:45ampost #143 of 66111/17/15 at 7:20pmpost #144 of 66111/18/15 at 10:26amThread Starter
I've got a few of this tie that I'm putting on clearance at just £35. With your 20% discount, they will be just £28 plus shipping, which is a mighty steal.
I hadn't uploaded them to the site before today, as they turned out to be very lightly lined and I didn't want to create a discord with the rest of the collection, but I do need to make room for incoming ties. The silk is a beautiful medallion design, handprinted in England and the tie is hand slipped, as with everything I offer. They are very lightly lined, so I would really recommend a double four in hand. Having said that, they do tie an awesome knot.post #145 of 66111/18/15 at 10:40ampost #146 of 66111/18/15 at 11:58ampost #147 of 66111/18/15 at 12:14pmThread Starterpost #148 of 66111/18/15 at 12:16pmpost #149 of 66111/19/15 at 3:42ampost #150 of 66111/19/15 at 9:33amThread StarterQuote:
Hi - everything is 9cm at the moment. I might add some 8cm in January, but not for every design. Will happily have something made for you if you like to PM me.
As a general point on the width debate, I see so many looks that I think would benefit from a slightly wider tie, especially in the knot area, but so few looks that I think would be better with a narrower tie.
- What tie would work best with a medium-blue suit for a wedding?
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 3 seconds ago
- › Zam Barrett Dialogue/ Zfactorie - Official Affiliate Thread. 8 seconds ago
- › Carmina Shoes - Official Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...) 16 seconds ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 20 seconds ago
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 1 minute ago
- › "What I'm Selling on eBay" - member auctions 5 minutes ago
- › WTF over-zealous police? 5 minutes ago
- › The Home Ownership Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 9 minutes ago
- › OFFICIAL President Trump Thread 10 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...