Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryTiestagged by Cleav, 10/30/15
Related Forum Threads
- FRIDAY CHALLENGE 26TH FEBRUARY 2016 BROWN TIE CHALLENGE (BTC) Last post on 3/2/16 at 4:36am in Classic Menswear
- FRIDAY CHALLENGE 19th February 2016 The Green Tie Challenge! Last post on 2/23/16 at 10:32pm in Classic Menswear
- TEN TIES, FIVE JACKETS (10/5 THREAD): Fall-Winter Edition Last post on 9/29/16 at 9:34am in Classic Menswear
- H.N. White - Handmade English Ties - Official Affiliate Thread Last post on 10/18/16 at 3:44pm in Classic Menswear
- Consolidated Sales: Tom Ford, Stile Latino, Cesare Attolini, Roda, Dolcepunta, Tie Your Tie,... Last post on 12/19/15 at 10:47am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Why the Four-in-hand is always better than the windsor knot
Last edited: 3/24/16
- What tie would work best with a medium-blue suit for a wedding?Last edited: 2/23/16
- What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?Last edited: 2/9/16
- What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?Last edited: 2/4/16
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Neckties: A Discussion Thread - Page 55post #812 of 10273/18/16 at 12:30pmpost #813 of 10273/18/16 at 7:14pmQuote:
The sad reality, I mostly only end up buying what would be considered "staple" ties, occasionally I'll gamble on the holiday tie or something like that.post #814 of 10273/18/16 at 7:35pmQuote:
Nothing wrong with buying staple ties is there?
Too many people tend to feel that they must be loud and "outstanding" I think. Very fine line between that... and being outright gaudy and vulgar. And too many people cross it.post #815 of 10273/18/16 at 8:03pmQuote:
Good point, however while staple ties are nice there is something to be said for having the right tie for an outfit, which isn't always a staple tie. For example I know a guy who works at a law firm and only owns six ties. Nothing wrong with that, accept myself and presumably all his coworkers have stopped noticing how he dresses altogether. Even if he mikes up his suits, they are all from the same color palette, so we see tan suit, same red tie etc.post #816 of 10273/20/16 at 6:38ampost #817 of 10273/20/16 at 12:41pmThe tie posted above is quite nice.Quote:Originally Posted by white collar
Good point, however while staple ties are nice there is something to be said for having the right tie for an outfit, which isn't always a staple tie. For example I know a guy who works at a law firm and only owns six ties. Nothing wrong with that, accept myself and presumably all his coworkers have stopped noticing how he dresses altogether. Even if he mikes up his suits, they are all from the same color palette, so we see tan suit, same red tie etc.
I completely understand your point here.
What I find myself caught between right now is the choice between saving up for more suits and sport coats, or spending on ties. I could have instant gratification with a tie purchase, or save that money for a suit and jacket purchase.
For now, I am also in the same category with the man you speak of who has six ties haha!post #818 of 10273/20/16 at 1:10pmQuote:Originally Posted by Bespoke DJP
Dear @white collar Hi,
Having read all the previous posts allow me to suggest you a tie from an SF-favorite maker, namely Patricio Cappelli.
The tie which follows which may fit the bill is an E.G. Cappelli, and specifically the regimental silk tie #B7; enjoy:
As I was scrolling I was thinking how much I liked that tie until ... I got to the very bottom. I may be the only person with this quirk but I don't care for how the first stripe sits on the bottom edge of the blade.post #819 of 10273/20/16 at 2:07pmpost #820 of 10273/21/16 at 6:15ampost #821 of 10273/21/16 at 6:22ampost #822 of 10273/21/16 at 6:51amDear Gentlemen Hi,
I have to agree that this has to be treated as a proxy of the tie's color(s), texture, etc; I don't have it, but I believe that it would not only be a great tie for business purposes, but it is also similar to the original idea - albeit with double stripes - that is why I posted it. Perhaps the E.G. Cappelli Thread may offer IRL pictures of relevant ties for you to check.
On another note, gentlemen who sport knit ties are welcome to a knit tie-specific Thread which I recently started, and you can currently find an interesting sales opportunity found on the web; not to be misunderstood, I have no affiliation to the vendor whatsoever, I merely want to share opportunities when they arise!
http://www.styleforum.net/t/517582/quintessential-knit-ties-comprehensive-discussion-appreciationpost #823 of 10273/21/16 at 8:21ampost #824 of 10273/21/16 at 2:30pmpost #825 of 10273/21/16 at 3:00pm
- What tie would work best with a medium-blue suit for a wedding?
- › Viberg Boots 5 minutes ago
- › Proper Cloth - Official Affiliate Thread 8 minutes ago
- › ethan's Musing on the Near East 25 minutes ago
- › The Look goes on... 28 minutes ago
- › Crusty's "What I wore on this Date in History" - a walk down memory... 28 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 37 minutes ago
- › Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review 38 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 48 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 49 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part two (Rolex, Patek Philippe, ... 1 hour, 13 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...