Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryTiestagged by Cleav, 10/30/15
Related Forum Threads
- FRIDAY CHALLENGE 26TH FEBRUARY 2016 BROWN TIE CHALLENGE (BTC) Last post on 3/2/16 at 4:36am in Classic Menswear
- FRIDAY CHALLENGE 19th February 2016 The Green Tie Challenge! Last post on 2/23/16 at 10:32pm in Classic Menswear
- TEN TIES, FIVE JACKETS (10/5 THREAD): Fall-Winter Edition Last post on 9/29/16 at 9:34am in Classic Menswear
- H.N. White - Handmade English Ties - Official Affiliate Thread Last post on Today at 2:17 am in Classic Menswear
- Consolidated Sales: Tom Ford, Stile Latino, Cesare Attolini, Roda, Dolcepunta, Tie Your Tie,... Last post on 12/19/15 at 10:47am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Why the Four-in-hand is always better than the windsor knot
Last edited: 3/24/16
- What tie would work best with a medium-blue suit for a wedding?Last edited: 2/23/16
- What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?Last edited: 2/9/16
- What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?Last edited: 2/4/16
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Neckties: A Discussion Thread - Page 54post #796 of 11262/14/16 at 5:17amI had some success this morning using a Pratt knot with the Drake's. Not the best dimple I have ever seen but at least decent. I do think that it is amazing that a knot very similar to others would get a different result. Must be that somehow my hands are fooled into doing the right thing!post #797 of 11262/16/16 at 5:00amQuote:Originally Posted by ericgereghty
do you have any pics of unlined bows by chance?
Thank you for your patience while we made this bow tie and took the photos.
This bow tie is an unlined one made with a Macclesfield printed twill silk.
We left the top half unpressed in this photo so you can see the difference.
Here you can see the unlined inside of the bow tie:
Both sides have now been pressed:
The finished unlined bow tie (Note if the vertical height of the ends is taller the unlined aspect of the tie will show more with a soft unstructured look which I have seen worn in Paris):post #798 of 11262/16/16 at 6:49amThread Starterpost #799 of 11262/16/16 at 8:29ampost #800 of 11262/16/16 at 8:34ampost #801 of 11262/18/16 at 8:35amQuote:
I think there is a common belief that this is a difficult tie to combine.
IMHO, a combination such as the one in the above picture is more appropriate, because the golden / yellowish elements of the tie can be easily "incorporated" in the beige frame offered by a sport coat like the one pictured.
The first proposition has a higher contrast, which is very welcome and becoming in certain cases, but not in this one!
At the end of the day, wear it as you feel so, we merely give suggestions as you requested.
Wear it in health.
Dimitrispost #802 of 11262/18/16 at 2:08pmpost #803 of 11262/18/16 at 2:54pmpost #804 of 11262/19/16 at 7:16amDear Gentlemen Hi,
A knit tie buying opportunity has just been discovered, and you may check it out at the recently-started thread on knit ties:
Dimitrispost #805 of 11262/26/16 at 8:40pmpost #806 of 11262/27/16 at 5:40ampost #807 of 11262/27/16 at 9:01pmYep, I'd stay away from Lands' End grenadines. 3" (which is what the LE site lists them as) is just too skinny in most cases. Also, at such a cheap price (current sale price of $56.99), I'd surmise they have a poor quality interlining and construction. Better to just spend an extra $20-$40 on what is known to be a well-constructed grenadine with a high quality wool lining, which means better knots, will hold its shape better, longer lifespan of the tie, etc.
Edited by llamaone - 2/27/16 at 9:50pmpost #808 of 11263/16/16 at 7:48pm
Hoping to revive the thread, what are your thoughts on this tie?
It's a 3in from Brioni's current collection. I was thinking about picking it up for spring and because I only have 1 SF approved purple tie. I can't find any images of this exact tie with a suit which is what's holding me back. I'm going for a look something like this.
Any an all feedback and discussion is welcome, thank you all in advance!post #809 of 11263/16/16 at 8:20pmpost #810 of 11263/16/16 at 8:31pmQuote:
Thanks, I thought it might be a tad too busy, especially since I tend to dress more conservatively. I tend to prefer the classic stripe ties compared to ones with varying widths.
- What tie would work best with a medium-blue suit for a wedding?
- › Antonio Meccariello Shoes 2 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 4 minutes ago
- › Linjer Leather Goods -- official affiliate thread 8 minutes ago
- › MINT 38R/48R Zegna Trofeo 600 Navy Suit 9 minutes ago
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 10 minutes ago
- › Ermenegildo Zegna Blue Sport Coat 52L 42L Recent Made In Italy... 10 minutes ago
- › shoe construction...behind the veil 10 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 14 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 15 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 15 minutes ago
- › Men’s The Original 3” Boxerjock® Boxer Briefs... by Alper
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...