or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami, Boris Bidjan Saberi, etc...)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami, Boris Bidjan Saberi, etc...) - Page 40

post #586 of 2271
@Lohikaarme, I honestly am not completely sure if Sruli will go back to garment design. As you probably know, he has been spending at least some time on industrial design work with Pillar and more recently the Norlan glass. He may or may not have the bandwidth to do more garment work.

We have worked with people in common in the science field and have had ongoing dialogue for some years. When I started working on the 5th Iteration designs and concepts, he was kind enough to open his incredible fabric/leather inventory for me to work with. Given that so much of it is Icelandic sourced/produced, it has been a wonderful experience working with it. Definitely would be sad if he never went back to clothing design... his attention to detail and concept translation were carried beautifully in his collections.
post #587 of 2271

There is so much awesome in that collection. That damn reindeer leather is calling my name...

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by nahneun View Post

i love the shape of Chinorlz's suits, but I really can't get behind the curved pockets.... why am i so particular about pockets?!?!?!!

 

It's not just you... fortunately everything else looks so damn good.

post #588 of 2271
can anyone recommend me some slim fit shirts that are readily available... looking for non black/white and easy to wear.

looked into (lumen et umbra, devoa, ZB, frank leder, KKA,etc) not seeing stuff readily available :-(
post #589 of 2271
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinnedk View Post

can anyone recommend me some slim fit shirts that are readily available... looking for non black/white and easy to wear.

looked into (lumen et umbra, devoa, ZB, frank leder, KKA,etc) not seeing stuff readily available :-(

Zam has some amazing shirts coming in spring. I'm buying 2 styles at least
post #590 of 2271
Quote:
Originally Posted by psydle View Post

Zam has some amazing shirts coming in spring. I'm buying 2 styles at least

are the new styles up already to see?
post #591 of 2271
Thread Starter 
@t3hg0suazn I was thinking of checking out the new Taichi stuff, but the weather is pretty unpleasant... looks great

http://liftworld-liftstaffblog.blogspot.jp/2016/02/2016ss-taichmurakami-vol1.html

@magicalporks you busy lately? let's hit up lift after work or next weekend and look at some clothing!!
post #592 of 2271
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicelynice View Post

@magicalporks you busy lately? let's hit up lift after work or next weekend and look at some clothing!!

Why is my life not this cool

 

Oh and @nicelynice if you go, can you check out/try on some of the CCP long jackets if they still have those: http://www.lift-net.co.jp/images/15aw_outer/half_j_coat/half_j_coat.html 

I was put off by how long the sleeves were when I tried them, but now I'm back to thinking they're really cool...

 

@sinnedk lookbook up on SZ thread, webshop will probably be updated in the coming week.


Edited by t3hg0suazn - 2/13/16 at 5:18pm
post #593 of 2271
Quote:
Originally Posted by t3hg0suazn View Post

Why is my life not this cool

Oh and @nicelynice
 if you go, can you check out/try on some of the CCP long jackets if they still have those: http://www.lift-net.co.jp/images/15aw_outer/half_j_coat/half_j_coat.html 
I was put off by how long the sleeves were when I tried them, but now I'm back to thinking they're really cool...

@sinnedk
 lookbook up on SZ thread, webshop will probably be updated in the coming week.

i must not be seeing it but i looked at the collection in zam's thread and don't see any button down shirts...
post #594 of 2271
@Chinorlz

Amazing pieces there especially that boro jacket.
post #595 of 2271
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicelynice View Post

@t3hg0suazn I was thinking of checking out the new Taichi stuff, but the weather is pretty unpleasant... looks great

http://liftworld-liftstaffblog.blogspot.jp/2016/02/2016ss-taichmurakami-vol1.html

@magicalporks you busy lately? let's hit up lift after work or next weekend and look at some clothing!!

 

Haha sorry was pretty much tied up until Friday last week - if you don't mind it being later in the day/evening the back half of this week or the weekend works!

post #596 of 2271

Looking for a Layer-0 hemp or linen blazer that would fit a tad loose on a 48 (50-52 maybe). Any idea where I can find one? Cheers.

post #597 of 2271






Boro_Worn_2_Resized_zpsko1ds7hc.jpg












Images of all of garments in the 5th iteration worn along with the weekender bags as to get an idea of the size and carrying capabilities. Several of you had asked for these and apologies that they took a bit longer to get them all taken and edited. Daylight is not as long into the evening as I would like, but I managed to get these done today.

To show the different methods of buttoning, the gray Icelandic wool jacket had 2 of the 3 buttons buttoned while the bamboo jacket had all 3 buttons buttoned with the collar folded up. Both are capable of either style and look.

As an added bonus, some images of one of the suits from the Collateral suiting project worn (The Taiwan Hakka fabric suit). The suit jacket can be buttoned in several combinations resulting in either the fully buttoned look as pictured, or with 1-2 buttons buttoned with a more traditional blazer lapel look like those pictured with the grey Icelandic wool blazer.
post #598 of 2271
hey @Chinorlz. are you making any more tees or basics?
post #599 of 2271
Quote:
Originally Posted by nahneun View Post

hey @Chinorlz. are you making any more tees or basics?

Nothing at the moment.... I am currently working on a button up shirt as part of the Collateral Suiting project though which should be done in the coming 1-2 months.


I have been thinking about some long sleeve/short sleeve designs as I have some really nice fabric for it, just have not actually started formally patterning anything. Just not enough hours in the day!
post #600 of 2271
please consider making some button downs.... (especially in a non-transparent white fabric) nod[1].gifnod[1].gifnod[1].gifnod[1].gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami, Boris Bidjan Saberi, etc...)