Regardless of what you feel about EU laws, you do not find it unethical that a company tries to enforce proprietary policies that are in practice illegal as they limit rights granted by said laws?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- JUN HASHIMOTO AT PITTI 86 Last post on 9/12/14 at 1:58pm in Streetwear and Denim
- CAROL CHRISTIAN POELL Last post on 12/3/16 at 3:54pm in Streetwear and Denim
- A visit to PN\P Firenze Last post on 12/30/14 at 1:11pm in Classic Menswear
- Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread) Last post on 12/1/16 at 1:57pm in Streetwear and Denim
The Buyer's Guide to Fall Jackets
Last edited: 9/7/15
- Using Gliptone on your leather jacket - recommended or not? From...Last edited: 2/1/16
- Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016Last edited: 1/29/16
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!Last edited: 6/22/15
- How do I take care of lambskin leather? (Jacket)Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami, Boris Bidjan Saberi, etc...) - Page 131post #1952 of 214610/12/16 at 10:02pmQuote:
honestly it seems perfectly reasonable for a company to have such policies, if you're preordering or indeed custom ordering a piece in why should they provide you with a back-out option to their detriment?post #1953 of 214610/12/16 at 10:35pmpost #1954 of 214610/12/16 at 11:04pmQuote:
nothing unethical about it. proprietary policies are only enforced on specific aspects of the business to protect the company, not to screw the customer over.
where special orders are concerned, an order is placed specifically for you and it is your liability to fulfil payment when the product is delivered - simple as that. you could argue about the derbies since it was already on the store's order, but there's really no obligation for them to refund you payment on the jacket.post #1955 of 214610/13/16 at 12:21ampost #1956 of 214610/13/16 at 12:47amThread Starterpost #1957 of 214610/13/16 at 10:05amQuote:
the titanium dildos are better tbhpost #1958 of 214610/13/16 at 10:12am
That's kinda strange when you consider how recant skinny/ tapered pants are in terms of fashion trends and acceptance. Regular fit trousers, at least here in the UK, are increasingly harder to come by. The whole twosizestoosmallmust conform trousers fad is indeed interesting. I guess people don't want to be called "grandad" or somethingpost #1959 of 214610/13/16 at 11:10amQuote:
The EU laws were enacted to protect the consumer from unfair contract terms, specifically because it is assumed that there is a knowledge asymmetry between the vendor and the consumer.
Generally, the three tenets of EU consumer protection laws are to ensure
fair treatment; (of consumers)
products which meet acceptable standards;
a right of redress if something goes wrong.
Of course, how legislation actually plays out is not always congruent with the intent of the law.
Certainly, looking at your specific case, I don't see how the contract terms were unfair, nor how you were 1) treated unfairly, 2) How the products do not meet acceptable standards, 3) Why you should have redress when nothing went wrong.
Therefore, no, I do not feel that you were treated unethically.post #1960 of 214610/13/16 at 11:15am
Not really the thread for civic lessons, but generally:
1) Illegal acts are not necessarily unethical.
2) Legal acts are not necessarily ethical.
There is certainly a strong overlap between ethical and legal practices, but there is certainly not a 1:1 mirror.
In your specific case, I would say that you acted unethically, regardless of whether your actions are legal or not.post #1961 of 214610/13/16 at 12:22pmpost #1962 of 214610/13/16 at 12:48pmQuote:
Hmmm you'd probably more likely be a medium as I'm a small in most Harnden (including shirts) and my Breadmaker is the same size. I think we're similar sizes but you're maybe slightly broader than me, would sending measurements of mine help you at all?post #1963 of 214610/13/16 at 7:34pmThread Starterpost #1964 of 214610/13/16 at 7:57pmpost #1965 of 214610/13/16 at 8:02pm
- Using Gliptone on your leather jacket - recommended or not? From...
- › THE AMI Paris Alexendre Mattiussi THREAD 5 minutes ago
- › OFFICIAL President Trump Thread 7 minutes ago
- › NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 10 minutes ago
- › Boots Boots Boots - For Boot Guys Only 11 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 13 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 16 minutes ago
- › GentlemensFootwear.com (CARMINA, EDWARD GREEN, DRAKES, CAPPELLI) -... 16 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 16 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 20 minutes ago
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Fashion Forward brands that will be big in
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway