or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami, Boris Bidjan Saberi, etc...)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami, Boris Bidjan Saberi, etc...) - Page 123

post #1831 of 2146

Any tighter than like 6" and you're going to have a really hard time getting them over your feet, and when they're on it's going to look way too tight

post #1832 of 2146
Maybe his calves are skinny? I can't have anything less than 7" hems or I can't pull it up to zip or tie my boots as I don't tuck my pants/jeans in my boots anyway.
post #1833 of 2146
i think even size 36s have <7" hems
post #1834 of 2146

I have really thin calves, and can see why you would visually want jeans to be slimmer like that (something about having the wider calves on an otherwise tight pair of pants looks "off"). But after a certain point it becomes a huge pain to take them on and off, and if you're wearing black jeans you'll definitely get the legging effect. Of course, this is totally my opinion/experience, and it could be different for different people

post #1835 of 2146

I have some relatively large calves (IMO) with ~16" around and 6.5" hems as mentioned above gives off the leggings effect. If that's your case something that allows for stretch (Cotton/EA blend) would be your best bet.

 

No problem with 7" hem for boot tuck and cropped pants ftw.

post #1836 of 2146
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayFS View Post
 

I have some relatively large calves (IMO) with ~16" around and 6.5" hems as mentioned above gives off the leggings effect. If that's your case something that allows for stretch (Cotton/EA blend) would be your best bet.

 

No problem with 7" hem for boot tuck and cropped pants ftw.

I dunno man.  I have calves just slightly under 16" (never thought of them as really large, just not chicken legs), while, yes, a 6.5" hem is pretty skinny (I can't get them up to my calves), they are right for a stack on top of boots.  That said, I personally prefer to have hems of about 7-7.25", which is more versatile.

post #1837 of 2146
Quote:
Originally Posted by curiouscharles View Post

yeah that could be true actually...

my 31s are like 6.25", so sizes 33 and up could potentially pass 6.5"/7" i suppose.

still a pretty tiny hem size though, not really sure why you'd want tighter?

i think my ro detritus are 7in
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyarkies View Post

Maybe his calves are skinny? I can't have anything less than 7" hems or I can't pull it up to zip or tie my boots as I don't tuck my pants/jeans in my boots anyway.

i am skinny :-P
post #1838 of 2146
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinnedk View Post


This is true I'm just gonna order a bunch of jeans and see what fits best.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinnedk View Post

Dammit those SLP jeans...

Btw anyone know what jeans have 6.5 or less inch hems?

 

FYI SLP D02's are pretty snug in the crotch.

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Or I'm just well hung :D
post #1839 of 2146
Quote:
Originally Posted by infinii View Post



FYI SLP D02's are pretty snug in the crotch. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Or I'm just well hung biggrin.gif

Lol man...

I never found jeans with a small rise comfortable. It's not even about being well endowed or something it's about the feeling of being constricted, same feeling regarding snug shoes for me.
post #1840 of 2146
Thread Starter 
Went to Super A market, a garbage store carrying some cool brands, and they had the sickest GBS silk/cashmere blazer for a sweet $4500

Good grief
post #1841 of 2146

Pix or it didn't happen

post #1842 of 2146
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicelynice View Post

Went to Super A market, a garbage store carrying some cool brands, and they had the sickest GBS silk/cashmere blazer for a sweet $4500

Good grief

Is it really a garbage store? Lol 😁
post #1843 of 2146
Thread Starter 
It has everything I hate about stores:
- staff didn't acknowledge me
- clothes organized by color, not brand. Really annoying when it's like Araki Yuu -> Acne -> GBS -> Visvim -> Greg Lauren
- clothes crammed in the rack. The GBS blazer was in a tiny corner in the back of the store. Clothes need space to breathe

The buy could be called "eclectic," but there was no theme and I didn't wanna sort through levis jeans looking for GBS trousers
post #1844 of 2146

^ sounds like a treasure hunt. been to one too many stores like this sadly..

post #1845 of 2146
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicelynice View Post

It has everything I hate about stores:
- staff didn't acknowledge me

 

I kind of like this, at least sometimes. When I want to talk to you *I'll* find *you*.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami, Boris Bidjan Saberi, etc...)