What designer craftsmen crafted that coat?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- JUN HASHIMOTO AT PITTI 86 Last post on 9/12/14 at 1:58pm in Streetwear and Denim
- CAROL CHRISTIAN POELL Last post on 3/20/17 at 6:33pm in Streetwear and Denim
- A visit to PN\P Firenze Last post on 12/30/14 at 1:11pm in Classic Menswear
- Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread) Last post on 3/9/17 at 10:19pm in Streetwear and Denim
The Buyer's Guide to Fall Jackets
Last edited: 9/7/15
- Using Gliptone on your leather jacket - recommended or not? From...Last edited: 2/1/16
- Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016Last edited: 1/29/16
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!Last edited: 6/22/15
- How do I take care of lambskin leather? (Jacket)Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami, Boris Bidjan Saberi, etc...) - Page 113post #1681 of 24909/6/16 at 7:38pmpost #1682 of 24909/6/16 at 7:39pmThread Starterpost #1683 of 24909/6/16 at 7:46pmpost #1684 of 24909/6/16 at 7:52pmpost #1685 of 24909/7/16 at 4:28ampost #1686 of 24909/7/16 at 7:52am
Idly looking for a victorian-ish long black coat and figured I'd ask you fine fellows for some direction. As much as I (sort of) love the idea of harnden, there's no way I'll ever buy any. Looking for something slimmish through the top, with a notably flared skirt. Comfort is also paramount, and Ziggy Chen has come to mind, but that seems equally impossible and expensive. Anyone have any interesting ideas?post #1687 of 24909/7/16 at 9:13ampost #1688 of 24909/7/16 at 9:19ampost #1689 of 24909/7/16 at 11:22amQuote:Commes des Garçon, perhaps.Originally Posted by Synthese
Idly looking for a victorian-ish long black coat and figured I'd ask you fine fellows for some direction. As much as I (sort of) love the idea of harnden, there's no way I'll ever buy any. Looking for something slimmish through the top, with a notably flared skirt. Comfort is also paramount, and Ziggy Chen has come to mind, but that seems equally impossible and expensive. Anyone have any interesting ideas?post #1690 of 24909/7/16 at 12:37pmpost #1691 of 24909/7/16 at 12:47pmpost #1692 of 24909/7/16 at 12:51pmNot really. A great looking raw edge blazer retails for between $1400 and $1700. I got one of mine for the former at Alan Bilzerian in Boston on sale. Worth every penny IMO.
Harnden is more like $2400-$3k depending on where you go.
A few ED pieces up on that G_____ site for between $900 and $1100.post #1693 of 24909/7/16 at 4:06pmThread Starterpost #1694 of 24909/7/16 at 5:45pmThread Starter@Synthese This Ziggy Chen coat MAY be up your alley from last fall-winter. I spent the longest time searching for one last year and couldn't find one in a small size (it fits huge). http://essapmi.com/ MAY have old stock on sale (theirs was black rather than green), may be worth contacting them if it looks good for you.
edit: Just saw you're looking for tight upper part - this is more of an overcoat, hmm. PH or Berg might be your only bet.
edit: here's the photo from Essapmipost #1695 of 24909/7/16 at 6:56pmThread Starter
- Using Gliptone on your leather jacket - recommended or not? From...
- › Pierpont Leather - Official Affiliate Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Engineered Garments SS 17 2 minutes ago
- › shoe construction...behind the veil 4 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 5 minutes ago
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 6 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 6 minutes ago
- › H.N. White - Handmade English Ties - Official Affiliate Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 6 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 6 minutes ago
- › Things you just don't get 11 minutes ago
- › Men’s The Original 3” Boxerjock® Boxer Briefs... by Alper
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...