What designer craftsmen crafted that coat?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- JUN HASHIMOTO AT PITTI 86 Last post on 9/12/14 at 1:58pm in Streetwear and Denim
- CAROL CHRISTIAN POELL Last post on Today at 12:00 am in Streetwear and Denim
- A visit to PN\P Firenze Last post on 12/30/14 at 1:11pm in Classic Menswear
- Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread) Last post on 12/1/16 at 1:57pm in Streetwear and Denim
The Buyer's Guide to Fall Jackets
Last edited: 9/7/15
- Using Gliptone on your leather jacket - recommended or not? From...Last edited: 2/1/16
- Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016Last edited: 1/29/16
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!Last edited: 6/22/15
- How do I take care of lambskin leather? (Jacket)Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami, Boris Bidjan Saberi, etc...) - Page 113post #1681 of 21509/6/16 at 7:38pmpost #1682 of 21509/6/16 at 7:39pmThread Starterpost #1683 of 21509/6/16 at 7:46pmpost #1684 of 21509/6/16 at 7:52pmpost #1685 of 21509/7/16 at 4:28ampost #1686 of 21509/7/16 at 7:52am
Idly looking for a victorian-ish long black coat and figured I'd ask you fine fellows for some direction. As much as I (sort of) love the idea of harnden, there's no way I'll ever buy any. Looking for something slimmish through the top, with a notably flared skirt. Comfort is also paramount, and Ziggy Chen has come to mind, but that seems equally impossible and expensive. Anyone have any interesting ideas?post #1687 of 21509/7/16 at 9:13ampost #1688 of 21509/7/16 at 9:19ampost #1689 of 21509/7/16 at 11:22amQuote:Commes des Garçon, perhaps.Originally Posted by Synthese
Idly looking for a victorian-ish long black coat and figured I'd ask you fine fellows for some direction. As much as I (sort of) love the idea of harnden, there's no way I'll ever buy any. Looking for something slimmish through the top, with a notably flared skirt. Comfort is also paramount, and Ziggy Chen has come to mind, but that seems equally impossible and expensive. Anyone have any interesting ideas?post #1690 of 21509/7/16 at 12:37pmpost #1691 of 21509/7/16 at 12:47pmpost #1692 of 21509/7/16 at 12:51pmNot really. A great looking raw edge blazer retails for between $1400 and $1700. I got one of mine for the former at Alan Bilzerian in Boston on sale. Worth every penny IMO.
Harnden is more like $2400-$3k depending on where you go.
A few ED pieces up on that G_____ site for between $900 and $1100.post #1693 of 21509/7/16 at 4:06pmThread Starterpost #1694 of 21509/7/16 at 5:45pmThread Starter@Synthese This Ziggy Chen coat MAY be up your alley from last fall-winter. I spent the longest time searching for one last year and couldn't find one in a small size (it fits huge). http://essapmi.com/ MAY have old stock on sale (theirs was black rather than green), may be worth contacting them if it looks good for you.
edit: Just saw you're looking for tight upper part - this is more of an overcoat, hmm. PH or Berg might be your only bet.
edit: here's the photo from Essapmipost #1695 of 21509/7/16 at 6:56pmThread Starter
- Using Gliptone on your leather jacket - recommended or not? From...
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 24 seconds ago
- › SuitSupply overcoats – Warm Enough? 2 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 4 minutes ago
- › What Movies Are You Watching Lately 6 minutes ago
- › Clarks Wallabees - yay or nay? 7 minutes ago
- › LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Everlane's $100 Cashmere sweaters. 10 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 10 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 13 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 13 minutes ago
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...