Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- JUN HASHIMOTO AT PITTI 86 Last post on 9/12/14 at 1:58pm in Streetwear and Denim
- CAROL CHRISTIAN POELL Last post on Yesterday at 10:39 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- A visit to PN\P Firenze Last post on 12/30/14 at 1:11pm in Classic Menswear
- Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread) Last post on 12/1/16 at 1:57pm in Streetwear and Denim
The Buyer's Guide to Fall Jackets
Last edited: 9/7/15
- Using Gliptone on your leather jacket - recommended or not? From...Last edited: 2/1/16
- Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016Last edited: 1/29/16
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!Last edited: 6/22/15
- How do I take care of lambskin leather? (Jacket)Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami, Boris Bidjan Saberi, etc...) - Page 11post #152 of 214610/13/15 at 9:07ampost #153 of 214610/13/15 at 9:13ampost #154 of 214610/13/15 at 9:19amQuote:
cheers nn, that's how I understood it as well. I probably need an XS for the more recent seasons though so I might not have too many options. those red high neck leathers are looking pretty good..post #155 of 214610/13/15 at 12:24pmYeah the red and dark green incarnation high necks this season were quite nice. Also like ~800 dollars cheaper at The Archive than the spring summer iterations, I imagine thanks to the way the exchange rate has swung -- I picked up the light grey from that as well as the cotton/hemp version and wear them a lot.
I think the only slightly weird thing is it is a very long jacket in terms of torso length... wish it fell a little higher.post #156 of 214610/13/15 at 4:30pmQuote:Originally Posted by eckblk
@alexandertg and I both recently purchased the slim/straight jean from Holger, in what looks like the same fabric but without the exposed selvedge. He can probably give you a more in-depth review as I've only tried mine on. I will repeat what most have already said: really, really great fabric.
Didn't see this for some reason.
I really like mine. I've got some pretty thick calves so I'm happy they aren't too skinny. Top block is generous as well. The fabric and tailoring are top notch. The label--printed and then shredded across--was a nice touch but fell off after a couple of wears.
There is a strange basting stitch closing off the second button on the fly that was weird. Took that off on Eck's suggestion and now they are near perfect.
The semi-raw hems are fab. Partially raw and some areas finished. I got the grey ones and the color is fairly consistent. All in all I'm more than a little happy with them.
Some pics:post #157 of 214610/14/15 at 4:51ampost #158 of 214610/14/15 at 4:57amThread Starterpost #159 of 214610/14/15 at 5:07amQuote:
Absolutely! Love ED even though I only have one piece (black "open blazer" made from cotton and grosgrain).
There's some talk about her stuff on SZ (http://stylezeitgeist.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9759&page=4) but not much.
But yeah, would love to see more discussion of her in here if possible.post #160 of 214610/14/15 at 6:17am
I can't get behind ED. The cut just never looks right, and the button placement is off putting, too uneven. Like a half-awake art students thoughts on what a romantic poet looks like.
Speaking of which, I always loved The Funeral of Shelley by Louis Édouard Fournier. Sick fits all round, and Shelley being sent off in his finest jawnz.
(click for big)post #161 of 214610/14/15 at 6:29ampost #162 of 214610/14/15 at 10:22amQuote:
This is what's made me hold off too + I think the US West Coast suffers a little bit more of an availability problem than Australia. The button placement is strange on a few pieces. It's a little bit too dark romantic in the ann d sense which has never been my jam. The fabrics aren't as compelling for me. That being said -- there are some great pieces from time to time.
I didn't know that about the cut though.. that's disappointing. I would have assumed that PH's fit/cut was from her.post #163 of 214610/14/15 at 1:20pmpost #164 of 214610/14/15 at 1:46pmQuote:
I have a cotton shirt I like, raw hems everywhere. I've missed out on so much ED at Bruce. They had an off-white silk shirt there last time I went but it was too small. Wanting to pick up more but it's not as high on my list
I really like the jacket you have!post #165 of 214610/14/15 at 6:18pmThread StarterDoes anyone have a list of PR Patterson stockists? Very interested, never handler his (it is a dude, right?) stuffQuote:
AND sorry I couldn't let this one go by, but.... it's not Russell "nanobubbles" Wilson's fault, it's our flaming garbage pile of an offensive line and to a lesser extent our OC and O-line coaches. The ONLY thing keeping our offense alive behind that bad of an offensive line is Wilson's ability to scramble and extend plays. Both my teams (Eagles, Seahawks) are underperforming this season, so I'm cranky!!
- Using Gliptone on your leather jacket - recommended or not? From...
- › ***The Official Rick Owens Thread*** 1 minute ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 2 minutes ago
- › The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread 2 minutes ago
- › What Movies Are You Watching Lately 5 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 9 minutes ago
- › What did you eat last night for dinner? 11 minutes ago
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 12 minutes ago
- › Pediwear Shoes - Official Thread 14 minutes ago
- › Why Hillary will be the next POTUS 20 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's,... 22 minutes ago
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Fashion Forward brands that will be big in
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway