or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami, Boris Bidjan Saberi, etc...)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami, Boris Bidjan Saberi, etc...) - Page 88

post #1306 of 2287
Quote:
Originally Posted by nahneun View Post

ETA until @newp comes to defend Eugene Christ again?

I suspect more people will come out of the woodwork now that the foundation has been laid. Was the same shit with the ToJ thread once people finally got over their cognitive dissonance and figured out Drew's scheme.

also, what DID happen with ToJ exactly?

completely missed that story, and the ToJ thread is like 1,000,000 pages long...
post #1307 of 2287
Quote:
Originally Posted by curiouscharles View Post


psidy's a shady motherfucker, so i don't blame you for pointing on the holes in his incomplete story.

eugene is definitely much MORE shady of a motherfucker, mind you, but i think that was self-evident anyway.

i refrained from getting involved [just never smart as a retailer], but i have one story about psidy from a botched re. porter transaction that has him wearing a permanent red flag in my records.

Well psidy has got his first Grailed ban for a reason, I wonder what it was.

And I don't think anyone blamed me (besides nahneun of course for being a nuisance for his vendetta). 

post #1308 of 2287
Quote:
Originally Posted by oulipien View Post

That's kind of hilarious, like, oh, no problem, I happen to have a second pair of these rare/expensive shoes just lying around I'll send you, np! Pretty bold.

Also I really wonder what's in these packages that keep arriving in Irvine and apparently now Michigan. The actual goods that were ordered? Nothing? Packing peanuts? Is he moving to the states very gradually?

He had a few pairs up on Grailed so I took it as a sign that he was sure the first pair would either be delivered/returned. Dude is dedicated to the grift. Kept telling me that I'd receive the boots eventually even after giving my money back.

I wonder if he was sending me the tracking number for other, legitimate, transactions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by newp View Post

I guess anyone should just charge $50 for shipping to US and declare full value since USPS is so shitty.

Would have preferred this tbh. If I'm going to drop several hundred dollars on an item then I want to be sure it actually arrives. Also, I've never had a problem with USPS, even internationally. I opened a case with them and it's clear that the shipping addresses for those tracking numbers he gave me were completely different from mine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by curiouscharles View Post

psidy's a shady motherfucker, so i don't blame you for pointing on the holes in his incomplete story.

I don't read SZ (or even here that much) so I can't comment on psidy's trustworthiness, I just know that reading his account (the beginning, didn't read the rest of that shit storm) was giving me deja vu.

Didn't mention my experience at first, even though I wanted to, because I wasn't completely sure that wormwood was full of it. Now it's pretty clear that this is his thing.
post #1309 of 2287
@curiouscharles Last time I checked some former ToJ employees took it over and have started filling the backlogged orders.
post #1310 of 2287
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzy View Post

@curiouscharles Last time I checked some former ToJ employees took it over and have started filling the backlogged orders.

what i mean is, what happened with the ToJ drama?

did a bunch of people pay for jackets and just never receive them or something?
post #1311 of 2287
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzy View Post


Would have preferred this tbh. If I'm going to drop several hundred dollars on an item then I want to be sure it actually arrives. Also, I've never had a problem with USPS, even internationally. I opened a case with them and it's clear that the shipping addresses for those tracking numbers he gave me were completely different from mine.
 

I was asking USPS if they see an actual shipping address written on a parcel's label, they told me they can't: all they have is the scan of the final destination (i.e. who and at which address it was delivered) but in crappy handwriting.

 

All I can say I am glad you've got your money back.

post #1312 of 2287
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzy View Post

@curiouscharles Last time I checked some former ToJ employees took it over and have started filling the backlogged orders.

This is not the case. They spinned off separately and are independent.
Quote:
Originally Posted by curiouscharles View Post

what i mean is, what happened with the ToJ drama?

did a bunch of people pay for jackets and just never receive them or something?

Yes, Drew used the money to finance his restaurant, became illiquid as a result, and then decided to jump ship on the whole operation once he could no longer pay to make more jackets.

newp, you tried to discredit me as a case of buyer's remorse even though it's clear to anyone looking at the situation with even a modicum of objectivity that there were clear flaws in tailoring. and then he basically used the same excuse he gave dizzy and psidy as lipservice to appease me and to make me stay quiet. honestly, your objectivity in this is just as suspect, especially given how you keep trying to discredit people who call out eugene and are trying to shift the blame away from him. usps is not at fault here since the packages always show up at their destination. the issue, of course, is that the destination is never where they're supposed to have gone. is it possible that usps fucked up? yes, but when you see the same thing happening over and over from one seller... is usps really to blame?

psidy's lack of trustworthiness does not equal eugene's trustworthiness. they can literally both be attempting to scam each other, too.
Edited by nahneun - 7/27/16 at 11:38am
post #1313 of 2287
Quote:
Originally Posted by nahneun View Post

Yes, Drew used the money to finance his restaurant, became illiquid as a result, and then decided to jump ship on the whole operation once he could no longer pay to make more jackets.

well, that was stupid.

considering how small the margins are on restaurants [not to mention how high the failure rates are], he should have stuck to ToJ...
post #1314 of 2287
Quote:
Originally Posted by newp View Post

I was asking USPS if they see an actual shipping address written on a parcel's label, they told me they can't: all they have is the scan of the final destination (i.e. who and at which address it was delivered) but in crappy handwriting.

All I can say I am glad you've got your money back.

Same thing they said to me, but there's no way you get California and Michigan mixed up with New Jersey by accident. The Michigan package had been successfully delivered as well so it wasn't because of poor handwriting.

Getting my money back was nice, but a small consolation after getting screwed out of a grail piece and months of running around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nahneun View Post

This is not the case. They spinned off separately and independent.
Yes, Drew used the money to finance his restaurant, became illiquid as a result, and then decided to jump ship on the whole operation once he could no longer pay to make more jackets.

It's basically the same business no? The changed the brand name, but it's the same styles, probably the same materials and construction, just without Drew's thievery. Probably the best possible outcome for that shit show of a situation.
post #1315 of 2287
same operation, basically, yes, but they had no real obligation to compensate toj customers since toj was registered under drew. dan and charly were basically salaried employees at toj. obviously there can be more to the story, but at least they're running a reputable and reliable shop right now.

anyway, there's no point trying to explain things to newp, because he's too set in his limited views to ever consider that eugene is a scammer. literally, the perfect storm of coincidences had to have occurred for eugene to be the sole victim in all this, and everyone else is out to get poor, wittle eugene.
Edited by nahneun - 7/27/16 at 11:44am
post #1316 of 2287
Quote:
Originally Posted by nahneun View Post


psidy's lack of trustworthiness does not equal eugene's trustworthiness. they can literally both be attempting to scam each other, too.

So how have you gotten to the conclusion then I was trying to prove eugene's trustworthiness when I was questioning psidy's trustworthiness if you understand it? 

I have seen a shady story on a forum and went to it: seller would have got a lot of questions from me if he'd still be presented. Request to post his shipping receipt would be the first.

post #1317 of 2287

@curiouscharles, Excuse me?

post #1318 of 2287
Quote:
Originally Posted by newp View Post

So how have you gotten to the conclusion then I was trying to prove eugene's trustworthiness when I was questioning psidy's trustworthiness if you understand it? 
I have seen a shady story on a forum and went to it: seller would have got a lot of questions from me if he'd still be presented. Request to post his shipping receipt would be the first.

you backpedal a lot to try to prove your objectivity in all this. you work under the premise that eugene is innocent and argue backwards to try to prove your conclusion that he is innocent by trying to prove that psidy is lying.

psidy presented a case stating that eugene scammed him because the tracking number that he was given for his linen shirt was shipped to california even though he lives in illinois. he couldn't put up his evidence on display because of logistical difficulties, so you automatically assumed he was lying, because the lack of visible proof is the same as no proof for you (this is a logical deduction from your posts in sz and how you reacted when i accidentally posted in the footwear thread, so don't try to claim otherwise). you even called him out as such. even after calling usps yourself and finding out that the package was indeed sent to california, you shift the blame to usps and not to eugene. honestly speaking, the method of transportation shouldn't matter because at the end of the day, the item was delivered, just not to the address it was supposed to go to. then, you say that it's illogical for eugene to be a scammer since he sent a package from japan as compensation. things do not need to make logical sense for them to be factual. a crazy person can act illogically, but his actions will still be fact. regardless, it doesn't matter if he sent that item as compensation because he did not send what psidy paid for. if we really want to stretch things and say that the compensation was an acceptable alternative solution to the shipping woes, then let's not forget that sending an item that is significantly different than described can be considered a scam, too. you'd argue as such, too, if you received an item that was in far worse condition than described because it's misrepresentation.

similarly, any reason why he was banned from grailed is independent from this issue here. it has nothing to do with the scam at hand, but you keep trying to divert your attention there to try to question psidy's character and story. by the same logic, eugene should be placed under the same scrutiny for being banned from sz. eugene has been a repeat offender of using the same tactic to swindle people out of their money or goods. even back in 2015, someone on sz had an issue with a trade they made with eugene that was posted in the beware of scammer thread. by no coincidence of its own, the mo was alarmingly similar. you say he isn't a scammer because he refunded the money. i disagree, because the only reason he refunded it was because he knew he'd lose the paypal case. he's providing excuses to try to bide time for the claims window to close.

anyway, you seem fixated on your opinion that i'm too fat for the pants eugene made for me and blatantly ignore the tailoring mistakes that i'm not the only victim of. even if we ignore all that, drafting pants to fit a 44 when i asked for a 46 doesn't make me fat. the pants were not made to the size i asked and paid for.
post #1319 of 2287

Wow, you suck at your attempt to make a strawman to fight.

If proving psidy is a liar doesn't prove eugene absolutely isn't at fault here (true) how come you claim now I was trying to prove eugene's innocence by proving psidy is a liar? 

It appears you have zero reading comprehension which is honestly sad. 

Showing psidy is a liar means one thing: we can't trust his unproven statements and we have to ask for evidence.

post #1320 of 2287
Quote:
Originally Posted by psidy View Post
 

@curiouscharles, Excuse me?

 

:lurk:

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami, Boris Bidjan Saberi, etc...)