Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- JUN HASHIMOTO AT PITTI 86 Last post on 9/12/14 at 1:58pm in Streetwear and Denim
- CAROL CHRISTIAN POELL Last post on 3/20/17 at 6:33pm in Streetwear and Denim
- A visit to PN\P Firenze Last post on 12/30/14 at 1:11pm in Classic Menswear
- Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread) Last post on 3/9/17 at 10:19pm in Streetwear and Denim
The Buyer's Guide to Fall Jackets
Last edited: 9/7/15
- Using Gliptone on your leather jacket - recommended or not? From...Last edited: 2/1/16
- Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016Last edited: 1/29/16
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!Last edited: 6/22/15
- How do I take care of lambskin leather? (Jacket)Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami, Boris Bidjan Saberi, etc...) - Page 77post #1141 of 24836/14/16 at 3:21pmpost #1142 of 24836/15/16 at 7:17amQuote:Originally Posted by nahneun
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I sent him the picture of the pants when worn and he told me it wasn't a design flaw, but that it was a cossack fly from the 19th century. Now, I may not be an expert in history or on cossack pants, but even a rudimentary google search will show that a cossack fly does not exist.
Such a thing as a "cossack fly" does certainly exist. I've also seen similar on minimalist patterns from IE and Lumen.post #1143 of 24836/15/16 at 7:24ampost #1144 of 24836/15/16 at 7:39amQuote:
Did you happen to notice how the images are cropped to the fly area, constructed in the same manner you described? I'm not wearing the IE continuous pant at the moment but I can post later. I eventually traded out the Lumen ones but this was the original listing when I picked them up: Grail listing # 274022post #1145 of 24836/15/16 at 7:41ampost #1146 of 24836/15/16 at 7:43ampost #1147 of 24836/15/16 at 7:52amI hope you realize i am not spreading out the fly. That picture is taken at rest.
Also, you don't know what a cossack fly is. Because it doesn't exist. I just looked up your listing. it's a standard fly. If you think a button fly is a cossack fly, you need to do some fact checking before coming to defend your friend.
Edited by nahneun - 6/15/16 at 8:02ampost #1148 of 24836/15/16 at 8:04am
uh, yeah. Sounds like simply a problem of being too tight across the hip vs. the waist. This is a common fit problem with off-the-rack, narrow cut upper block pants patterns and with anything bespoke produced remotely, based on customer measurements rather than an in-person fitting. My point was just that the construction of fly isn't really the issue.post #1149 of 24836/15/16 at 8:08amThose were worn on my hips and I had an extra inch and a half of space when taken. I gained a lot of weight since then and now it's tight, but the problem persists. Regardless, they're not something that can be worn in public comfortably. Even if it isn't necessarily an issue with the construction of the fly, the front of the pants were not properly made.post #1150 of 24836/15/16 at 8:09ampost #1151 of 24836/15/16 at 8:10ampost #1152 of 24836/15/16 at 10:07ampost #1153 of 24836/15/16 at 10:26amQuote:Originally Posted by psydle
Such a thing as a "cossack fly" does certainly exist. I've also seen similar on minimalist patterns from IE and Lumen.
Those pants are pretty rad, regardless of anything else they might show.post #1154 of 24836/15/16 at 10:51amQuote:Originally Posted by Jbravo
Of course, there might be a flaw in the fly. I cannot exclude that. But the case may be, that during the time the pants were in transit, nahneun's butt has gained some weight and the initially provided mesurements were no longer relevant by the time the pants arrived. Who knows!?
Unless nahneun just started eating bacon wrapped butter -- perhaps it is not unrealistic to expect that the design and construction can handle some weight fluctuation? Or is it actually a m2m subscription service that sends you a new pair of pants to match your weight fluctuations.
I dunno I haven't been super active -- maybe nahneun mr moo'd out. Then I offer my most sincere and abject apologies.post #1155 of 24836/15/16 at 11:39am
- Using Gliptone on your leather jacket - recommended or not? From...
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 2 minutes ago
- › Antonio Meccariello Shoes 3 minutes ago
- › LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Weight Loss/Weight training advise 3 minutes ago
- › When is the Next Brooks Brothers Sale? 4 minutes ago
- › Khaki's of Carmel - Official Affiliate Thread - Carmel-by-the-Sea,... 6 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 7 minutes ago
- › FRIDAY CHALLENGE: THE VILLAIN (24 March 2017) 8 minutes ago
- › Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0,... 8 minutes ago
- › B+M Alden Color 8 Shell Cordovan Plaza Last Straight Tip Boots Size 9C 9 minutes ago
- › Men’s The Original 3” Boxerjock® Boxer Briefs... by Alper
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...