or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › General › Current Events, Power and Money › Migrants, Immigrants, Refugees, and Aliens in Euro-Zone
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Migrants, Immigrants, Refugees, and Aliens in Euro-Zone - Page 57

post #841 of 2656
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harold falcon View Post


So then why would refugees want to go to the region historically known as France?


I don't know about you but I'd rather get harassed in the street by Parisian xenophobes than bombed by Assad's warplanes. Still though if I were a Syrian refugee I'd want to be in Germany. 

post #842 of 2656
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post


Do I really need to unpack the conversation for you to answer this asinine question?


Asinine questions aren't worth answering. All you ask are asinine questions. 

post #843 of 2656
Quote:
Originally Posted by ethanm View Post


Asinine questions aren't worth answering. All you ask are asinine questions. 

post #844 of 2656
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post
 

 

post #845 of 2656
Quote:
Originally Posted by ethanm View Post

The US is different. We don't send girls home when their skirt is too long. In France you get harassed if you're wearing a kippeh, a hijab, whatever. The French are assholes and we've all known this since the dawn of France. 

You guys kick girls of planes to Vegas for being too low cut.

Like I said before, all religious symbols are banned in France and you aren't allow to wear them, so it's the same for all.

So it's not harassment, but upholding the law.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ethanm View Post

I don't know about you but I'd rather get harassed in the street by Parisian xenophobes than bombed by Assad's warplanes. Still though if I were a Syrian refugee I'd want to be in Germany. 

It's not like Germans are known for rasicm and nazism.
post #846 of 2656
Quote:
Originally Posted by Find Finn View Post


Like I said before, all religious symbols are banned in France and you aren't allow to wear them, so it's the same for all.

 

Doesn't sound like freedom to me. 

post #847 of 2656
Quote:
Originally Posted by ethanm View Post
 

The US is different. We don't send girls home when their skirt is too long. In France you get harassed if you're wearing a kippeh, a hijab, whatever. The French are assholes and we've all known this since the dawn of France. 

 

Oh, good grief, there is harassment happening in France but it is almost exclusively committed by muslim immigrants on the general French population, such as this latest Paris attack.

 

Does the name "Charlie Hebdo" ring any bells?

 

and almost daily incidents which don't make the headlines, such as

 

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3175959/Girl-gang-attacks-immoral-sunbather-wearing-bikini-French-park-sparking-JeSuisCharlie-style-social-media-campaign.html

post #848 of 2656
Thread Starter 
Gotta love Westerners and their iPhones. Very effective.
post #849 of 2656
http://www.breitbart.com/video/2015/11/18/margaret-carlson-maybe-terrorists-who-sneak-into-us-wont-attack-because-of-our-acceptance/
Quote:
You know, those people who have snuck in, that, I don’t know if they’ve snuck in, but maybe they become Americanized, maybe the anger goes away. Maybe what they snuck in to do they’re not going to do, because we do have an acceptance of these people, as Congressman [Keith] Ellison (D-MN) said. They’re more patriotic because they’re here and they work harder.
post #850 of 2656
Quote:
Originally Posted by Find Finn View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethanm View Post

The US is different. We don't send girls home when their skirt is too long. In France you get harassed if you're wearing a kippeh, a hijab, whatever. The French are assholes and we've all known this since the dawn of France. 

You guys kick girls of planes to Vegas for being too low cut.

Like I said before, all religious symbols are banned in France and you aren't allow to wear them, so it's the same for all.

So it's not harassment, but upholding the law.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ethanm View Post

I don't know about you but I'd rather get harassed in the street by Parisian xenophobes than bombed by Assad's warplanes. Still though if I were a Syrian refugee I'd want to be in Germany. 

It's not like Germans are known for rasicm and nazism.

this is really stretching it. the law may be worded to be generalized but it's very clear who it's targetting and where it's enforced. what overt religious symbolism is displayed by non-jews/muslims ? people don't walk around dressing like monks or members of the papal house.

as for germans, i'm not sure about the racism and nazism that's still prevalent aside from a minority of ignorants there. i mean you see huge crowds cheering and applauding the arriving immigrants (or, as lighthouse would say, welcoming their doom with open arms).

if you want to discredit the reaction to french ban, don't pretend it's something it's not. instead, do your research and you'll find the lack of uproar (from the left, those championing the rights of minorities) over the turkish ban on veils or al Azhar's ban of niqabs in universities. then you can construct your argument of false equivalencies to your heart's delight
post #851 of 2656
Quote:
Originally Posted by ethanm View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Find Finn View Post

Like I said before, all religious symbols are banned in France and you aren't allow to wear them, so it's the same for all.

Doesn't sound like freedom to me. 

It serves a purpose and is to cut down on religious harassment and violence.

Hijabs are also a security issue, as you can't see who's underneath. There have been multiple cases of suicide bombers wearing hijabs.
post #852 of 2656
Quote:
Originally Posted by Find Finn View Post

Hijabs are also a security issue, as you can't see who's underneath. There have been multiple cases of suicide bombers wearing hijabs.

come one dude, at least learn to use the proper terms if you're going to continue down this path so you don't sound like a stereotypical fear mongerer. next you'll be going on about muslamic ray guns ?
post #853 of 2656
Quote:
Originally Posted by ethanm View Post
 

 

Doesn't sound like freedom to me. 


All laws limit freedom. Are you against a nation's right to have rule of law now?

And if it seems like just one group is being targeted, maybe that's because just one group keeps behaving badly. It's so simple.

post #854 of 2656
Quote:
Originally Posted by the shah View Post


this is really stretching it. the law may be worded to be generalized but it's very clear who it's targetting and where it's enforced. what overt religious symbolism is displayed by non-jews/muslims ? people don't walk around dressing like monks or members of the papal house.

as for germans, i'm not sure about the racism and nazism that's still prevalent aside from a minority of ignorants there. i mean you see huge crowds cheering and applauding the arriving immigrants (or, as lighthouse would say, welcoming their doom with open arms).

if you want to discredit the reaction to french ban, don't pretend it's something it's not. instead, do your research and you'll find the lack of uproar (from the left, those championing the rights of minorities) over the turkish ban on veils or al Azhar's ban of niqabs in universities. then you can construct your argument of false equivalencies to your heart's delight


As you probably know, the law is not enforced, besides a few examples. I'm not defending the law, but saying it exists and serves a purpose. A bit like the law that requires you to wear a helmet while on a bicycle.

Have you heard of PEGIDA?

Hasn't the turkish ban been lifted? That just proves the idiocy of the lefties in Europe.


Quote:
Originally Posted by the shah View Post


come one dude, at least learn to use the proper terms if you're going to continue down this path so you don't sound like a stereotypical fear mongered. next you'll be going on about muslamic ray guns ?


Whatever it's called, we can all agree that things that covers peoples faces are a security issue, whether it's a balaclava, a niqab/burka or a hoody pulled real tight.
post #855 of 2656
Quote:
Originally Posted by ethanm View Post


I don't know about you but I'd rather get harassed in the street by Parisian xenophobes than bombed by Assad's warplanes. Still though if I were a Syrian refugee I'd want to be in Germany. 


So the refugees going to France know what they're getting into even though there are better choices available? Huh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethanm View Post

Doesn't sound like freedom to me. 


That's rich coming from a gun-banner.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Current Events, Power and Money
Styleforum › Forums › General › Current Events, Power and Money › Migrants, Immigrants, Refugees, and Aliens in Euro-Zone