or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › General › Current Events, Power and Money › Migrants, Immigrants, Refugees, and Aliens in Euro-Zone
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Migrants, Immigrants, Refugees, and Aliens in Euro-Zone - Page 48

post #706 of 2656
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLMountainMan View Post


Islam needs to.

 

Nobody is denying this. Pio is arguing that it can't evolve. 

post #707 of 2656
Quote:
Originally Posted by ethanm View Post

Nobody is denying this. Pio is arguing that it can't evolve. 

Ah, is that what I'm doing? If you want to frame this so you can feel correct, that the Muslim guy fucking woo girls, sipping the latest ultra premium vodka, and wearing Ed Hardy is just a product of "evolved Islam" then go for it...as that would in no way mirror my claim the bridge gets built as folks become a little more Western and a little less Islamic.
post #708 of 2656

So you're saying Islam can integrate with the West... interesting... 

post #709 of 2656
facepalm.gif
post #710 of 2656

Have you realized yet that your argument is a meaningless tautology? 

post #711 of 2656
The thing is, it isn't. Are you going to tell me that if one follows the verse I quoted above one is not obliged to believe and works towards Islam as the world's universal religion and that said religion by nature is a theocracy?

I'm always fucking amazed at how some leftists can be so hard on Xtians then tie their minds into pretzels to be an apologist for Islam.
post #712 of 2656
Ethan, do you think Obama is wrong when he keeps insisting ISIS is "un-Islamic" or not Islamic?
post #713 of 2656
Quote:
Originally Posted by alan View Post

I dont understand how anyone is surprised.

This is simply a repeat of what has happened 1000 times before.

Alqaeda in afghanistan - 9/11

Saddam against Iran - Kuwait

Isis against assad and iran - this shit
Yep, you've pretty much covered the waterfront of terror, hatred and violence directed at citizens right there.
post #714 of 2656
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post



Go back to that hottie in a bikini.
Would subscribe to this threak.
post #715 of 2656
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post

Ethan, do you think Obama is wrong when he keeps insisting ISIS is "un-Islamic" or not Islamic?


I think it's irrelevant. 

post #716 of 2656
Quote:
Originally Posted by ethanm View Post


I think it's irrelevant. 

Great non-answer, because yeah, what the leader of the free world says over this is irrelevant. What could he possibly have to do with shaping narratives, foreign policy, etc?

So we now know our local Middle East expert chills with chics in hijabs and holds what his POTUS believes on the most dangerous terror group going at the moment is irrelevant.
post #717 of 2656
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post


Great non-answer, because yeah, what the leader of the free world says over this is irrelevant. What could he possibly have to do with shaping narratives, foreign policy, etc?

So we now know our local Middle East expert chills with chics in hijabs and holds what his POTUS believes on the most dangerous terror group going at the moment is irrelevant.

 

You misunderstand. I think it's folly for Obama to label them one way or the other because it's ultimately irrelevant. 

post #718 of 2656
sorry to interject here,
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post

The thing is, it isn't. Are you going to tell me that if one follows the verse I quoted above one is not obliged to believe and works towards Islam as the world's universal religion and that said religion by nature is a theocracy?

i don't know how you went from point A to B in that statement?
what is the context of that verse ?

"...and gives wealth, in spite of love for it, to relatives, orphans, the needy, the traveler, those who ask [for help], and for freeing slaves; [and who] establishes prayer and gives zakah (charity); [those who] fulfill their promise when they promise; and [those who] are patient in poverty and hardship and during battle. Those are the ones who have been true, and it is those who are the righteous."

A bit of a historical note: if you are a muslim and you follow the hadith (teachings/sayings of the prophet) and use as an example the first few generations of companions (as what the salafis do, hence the term salaf) you would look to their migration to Abyssinia and see that they entered a new, non-Muslim land and lived there peacefully without wanting to turn it into a Muslim land as they were not persecuted nor prevented from practicing their faith.

I think a lot of Canadian/American Muslims have a basic grasp of this (whether knowingly or not). But ironically, those smaller groups of hard core fanatics dedicated to emulating the first generations--i.e. the salafis and/or wahabis--seem to completely overlook this very clear example of migration in new land and, for instance, call for the islamization of the UK which is not permissible by historical standards or by many modern scholars. this is also consistent, for example, with two boys who several years ago fled the UK to syria had ordered books from amazon, "islam for dummies," and why a journalist allowed into the ISIS territories came back to report that most didn't seem to know much about islam at all.

so in essence, those acting "less islamically," per your requirements, are more closely following islamic tradition. revolve.gif
post #719 of 2656
Quote:
Originally Posted by ethanm View Post

You misunderstand. I think it's folly for Obama to label them one way or the other because it's ultimately irrelevant. 

But it is relevant.

So here's something I've noticed in our conversation. I say something like the basic tenets of Islam are antithetical to Western culture. You quote me and ask what these tenets might be. I give you a verse outlining what I believe they are and you ignore it and try to dodge around another way.
post #720 of 2656
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post


But it is relevant.

So here's something I've noticed in our conversation. I say something like the basic tenets of Islam are antithetical to Western culture. You quote me and ask what these tenets might be. I give you a verse outlining what I believe they are and you ignore it and try to dodge around another way.


No I ignored it because you don't have a clue what you're talking about. Read what Shahbrah has to say. 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Current Events, Power and Money
Styleforum › Forums › General › Current Events, Power and Money › Migrants, Immigrants, Refugees, and Aliens in Euro-Zone