or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › General › Current Events, Power and Money › Migrants, Immigrants, Refugees, and Aliens in Euro-Zone
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Migrants, Immigrants, Refugees, and Aliens in Euro-Zone - Page 40

post #586 of 2656

I wonder how many Muslim countries has Kai has been to. You know because he seems to have such a strong grasp on their culture. 

post #587 of 2656
A reporter from danish national TV visited an asylum center in Denmark.

https://www.facebook.com/DR2Deadline/videos/938076426239731/

https://www.facebook.com/DR2Deadline/videos/937204112993629/
post #588 of 2656
Quote:
Originally Posted by ethanm View Post

I wonder how many Muslim countries has Kai has been to. You know because he seems to have such a strong grasp on their culture. 


I've visited Morocco and Egypt and the Uighar area in China . Haven't lived in any Muslim country.

Whether I've visited them or not, doesn't change some salient facts:

In every country with a Muslim majority, (even "moderate Muslim countries like Indonesia,) blasphemy and apostasy are criminal offenses. In many of these countries, these acts are punishable by death.

In the United States, blasphemy is protected by freedom of speech, and apostasy is protected by freedom of religion.

Sectarian violence is rife all across the Middle East and Africa. You don't have to live in a Muslim country to know that Muslims are constantly killing each other (and non Muslims too) due to their religious beliefs.

Take a look at the results of the recent elections in Egypt, Iraq, and Afghanistan. Did these elections produce a modern, liberal, democratic government such as we have in the U.S.?
post #589 of 2656

There are a lot of Christian terrorists too. We shouldn't let those crazy assholes in either, am I right? 

 

You also may want to take a look at this page: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blasphemy_law

 

If you look closely you'll notice that Syria has no blasphemy laws. Where are the majority of Muslim refugees from? Syria. Get lost, guy. 

 

This whole line of reasoning is useless anyway. The number of refugees entering Europe are a tiny percentage of the existing population.


Edited by ethanm - 11/8/15 at 8:02pm
post #590 of 2656
People who pose a security risk for whatever reason, shouldn't be let in anywhere.

Ikea has run out of duvets, beds and pillows in Sweden and Germany due to the influx.

The Norwegian authorities have launched a campaign to make Norway less interesting and to inform of truth after it can out over the weekend, that people think Norway has invited them. They also had Sweden yesterday, where "refugees" complained over the housing they have been offered. (We have had a couple of those as well).
post #591 of 2656
Quote:
Originally Posted by ethanm View Post

There are a lot of Christian terrorists too. We shouldn't let those crazy assholes in either, am I right?

That's false equivalent, religious inspired extremism is pretty much issue with Islam not Christianity, not Judaism, Hinduism or Buddhism. Islam is at the point where Christianity was 600 years ago. Bibble, Tora and Koran say adultery should be punished by death(stonning)- but only Muslims do it these days. They need to evolve past religious bullshit and start ignoring stupid bits in Koran like majority of Christians ignore them in the Bible. Perfect situation would be if people stopped believing all religious nonsense all together but let's face that's not gonna happen any tome soon.
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ethanm View Post

If you look closely you'll notice that Syria has no blasphemy laws. Where are the majority of Muslim refugees from? Syria. Get lost, guy.

False assumption, Assad's regime is 'secular' but it does not mean citizens of Syria holds 'secular' believes.
Also Majority of refugees and migrants are from places OTHER than Syria. Syrians do not even make half of refugees.

3 slips in one comment... you're losing your edge ethan:P
post #592 of 2656
Quote:
Originally Posted by wojt View Post

That's false equivalent, religious inspired extremism is pretty much issue with Islam not Christianity, not Judaism, Hinduism or Buddhism...

I'm not sure how familiar you are with places like Myanmar/Burma, C. Afr. Rep, Kashmir, Israel, W. China, these are all places where muslims are being persecuted by the likes of Buddhists, Jews, Hindus, Christians. Just because Muslims do it to others doesn't justify it happening to unrelated people in these areas.
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by wojt View Post

False assumption, Assad's regime is 'secular' but it does not mean citizens of Syria holds 'secular' believes.
Also Majority of refugees and migrants are from places OTHER than Syria. Syrians do not even make half of refugees.

3 slips in one comment... you're losing your edge ethan:P

His point isn't that Syria comprises the majority but rather that Syria is the single largest source of migrants -- the others are individually smaller but you've added them all up in Syria vs Other to make his claim false.
post #593 of 2656
Thread Starter 
Has Europe finally provided the migrants with suitable bedding, cuisine, entertainment, and spending money?




"Never again."
post #594 of 2656
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kai View Post

Take a look at the results of the recent elections in Egypt, Iraq, and Afghanistan. Did these elections produce a modern, liberal, democratic government such as we have in the U.S.?

You should be aware of a huge war that took place in the continent where chaos was law of the land for a long while before and after. Despite what many think here, The Constitution wasn't handed down by Jesus Christ thereby ushering in an era of peace and progress. It's not as simple as saying (1) get rid of impediment to elections (2) prosper. These take generational changes and yes much of the responsibility is their own, but placing absurd expectations for immediate change is nothing but a desire to hide behind your own beliefs/pre-judgements.
post #595 of 2656
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by the shah View Post

You should be aware of a huge war that took place in the continent where chaos was law of the land for a long while before and after. Despite what many think here, The Constitution wasn't handed down by Jesus Christ thereby ushering in an era of peace and progress. It's not as simple as saying (1) get rid of impediment to elections (2) prosper. These take generational changes and yes much of the responsibility is their own, but placing absurd expectations for immediate change is nothing but a desire to hide behind your own beliefs/pre-judgements.


Your post presupposes that Moslems will ultimately prefer self-rule to religious doctrine. Isn't that presumptuous?
post #596 of 2656
Quote:
Originally Posted by the shah View Post

I'm not sure how familiar you are with places like Myanmar/Burma, C. Afr. Rep, Kashmir, Israel, W. China, these are all places where muslims are being persecuted by the likes of Buddhists, Jews, Hindus, Christians. Just because Muslims do it to others doesn't justify it happening to unrelated people in these areas.

Religious extremism is an overwhelmingly Muslim issue. In fact Muslims persecute their own people for crimes like adultery, apostasy or homosexuality or drawing a cartoon. In fact I feel bad for my fellow atheists living in Muslim countries because they are often killed for voicing their believes. This does not happen in western christian/post-christian countries or Israel or within Buddhist communities.
Quote:
Originally Posted by the shah View Post

His point isn't that Syria comprises the majority but rather that Syria is the single largest source of migrants -- the others are individually smaller but you've added them all up in Syria vs Other to make his claim false.

Majority is more than a half. So he made a false claim, I just pointed it out.
post #597 of 2656
Quote:
Originally Posted by wojt View Post

Religious extremism is an overwhelmingly Muslim issue. In fact Muslims persecute their own people for crimes like adultery, apostasy or homosexuality. In fact I feel bad for my fellow atheists living in Muslim countries because they are often killed for voicing their believes. This does not happen in western christian/post-christian countries or Israel or within Buddhist communities.

Majority is more than a half. So he made his own claim false by stating it, I just pointed it out.

i'm not arguing what you said about the intolerance which is a massive problem, but i'm pointing out that it is happening and not in insignificant figures which seems to be your implication. at the very least you could look up what's happening in burma at the hands of radical buddhists which, admittedly, sounds like an oxymoron but is far from that

re: ethan's post, if you want to focus on particulars of word choice so you can say gotcha! that's fine but it's not hard to understand what he is getting at
post #598 of 2656

Plurality... majority... your argument still sucks. If these refugees were so radical don't you think they'd stay and join the WIDE spectrum of jihadi groups available to them? I mean seriously Syria has a size for everyone. Are you a crazy fucking Salfi-jihadi that wants sex-slaves and all that but you think ISIS is illegitimate? Well, Jund al-Aqsa is for you. Do you think that ISIS's heart is in the right place but they're still illegitimate? Well, Jabhat an-Nusra is your group. Are you a Salafi with a bit of Syrian Nationalism? Heyo, sign yourself up for Ahrar ash-Sham! 

 

The people who have left may be conservative but they're not asking Sweden to be allowed to stone adulterers. 

post #599 of 2656
Ethan google hizbut tharir, that's excatly what they want and it's a growing part of the Muslim community.
post #600 of 2656

I'm insulted that you think I need to google Hizb at-Tahrir. 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Current Events, Power and Money
Styleforum › Forums › General › Current Events, Power and Money › Migrants, Immigrants, Refugees, and Aliens in Euro-Zone