or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › General › Current Events, Power and Money › Migrants, Immigrants, Refugees, and Aliens in Euro-Zone
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Migrants, Immigrants, Refugees, and Aliens in Euro-Zone - Page 135

post #2011 of 2656
Quote:
Originally Posted by Find Finn View Post

You are still comparing apples and ponies.

No you are the one doing that. I'm pointing out that your comparison is nonsense.
post #2012 of 2656
The discussion is about Europe vs US and you start bringing up things Isil does in Syria, which have nothing to so with either and I made an example retaining to what they are doing, not what happens in either Europe or the US. If you kept your examples on the subject on not use example out of context you would make a better point.
post #2013 of 2656
I have to agree with Munchausen on this. Normally it's not something I would comment on Finn and I understand your argument, but this happens to be the exact same argument reggresives come up with defending illiberal side of Islam. An argument that Islam and Christianity are today somehow equivalent or equally bad. They are simply not, if they were this thread would not exist.
post #2014 of 2656
I said equivalent not the same, they are the same kind of idiots, who have the same kind idiotic beliefs. Christianity and Islam is not one and the same radical religious nuts are, which is the point. You can pretty much make a type cast of them.

There are like I said plenty of examples of Christian terrorist, of course Daesh, boko haram, AQ etc. larger and more organised, but that doesn't change the fact Christians etc. are doing the same kinds of things, on a different scale though.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_terrorism

Of course this thread would exist, if the migrants were 100% atheists or Christian, the logistical, sociological etc issues with such a large migration would still be there.

It would have been easier if they were all English speaking atheists, who had lived in a cultural developed metropol and holding degrees, which are accepted in Europe and they all would had applied for visas the correct way, but pigs don't fly so here we are.
post #2015 of 2656

Not all druggies are murderin' thievin' degenerates but the ones who are sure fuck it up for the rest of us

post #2016 of 2656
Quote:
Originally Posted by Find Finn View Post

The discussion is about Europe vs US and you start bringing up things Isil does in Syria, which have nothing to so with either and I made an example retaining to what they are doing, not what happens in either Europe or the US. If you kept your examples on the subject on not use example out of context you would make a better point.

My point is the same I made at the beginning:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Find Finn View Post

I said equivalent not the same, they are the same kind of idiots, who have the same kind idiotic beliefs. Christianity and Islam is not one and the same radical religious nuts are, which is the point. You can pretty much make a type cast of them.

There are like I said plenty of examples of Christian terrorist, of course Daesh, boko haram, AQ etc. larger and more organised, but that doesn't change the fact Christians etc. are doing the same kinds of things, on a different scale though.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_terrorism

Of course this thread would exist, if the migrants were 100% atheists or Christian, the logistical, sociological etc issues with such a large migration would still be there.

It would have been easier if they were all English speaking atheists, who had lived in a cultural developed metropol and holding degrees, which are accepted in Europe and they all would had applied for visas the correct way, but pigs don't fly so here we are.

You will never solve any problems by putting your head in the sand and refusing to notice patterns. Yes Christian terrorism and non-religious terrorism exists but to act like Islam isn't a problem completely out of proportion to these is just willful blindness. Not sure why Europeans are so afraid to admit this (maybe all those laws against "racist" crimethink) but you are going to pay and keep paying until you get this shit through your heads.
post #2017 of 2656
Quote:
Originally Posted by munchausen View Post

No you are the one doing that. I'm pointing out that your comparison is nonsense.

Radical Christians have very large influence on US politics and government, which is not the case in most EU countries. Talking about religion or politics also is a HUGE taboo in US despite all the First Amendment lip service. I'd like to point out to our US friends that the fact that you hear all Religion and Political propaganda from TV while you cannot say a word about the same topics outside of your kitchen does not constitute freedom of speech.
Only Americans with nothing to loose will engage in open Religious or Political debate, otherwise both of these topics are conveniently outsourced to designated spokespeople in media and that sublimated freedom of speech is perceived by most as some sort of free and open discussion.
post #2018 of 2656
Quote:
Originally Posted by Medwed View Post

Radical Christians have very large influence on US politics and government, which is not the case in most EU countries. Talking about religion or politics also is a HUGE taboo in US despite all the First Amendment lip service. I'd like to point out to our US friends that the fact that you hear all Religion and Political propaganda from TV while you cannot say a word about the same topics outside of your kitchen does not constitute freedom of speech.
Only Americans with nothing to loose will engage in open Religious or Political debate, otherwise both of these topics are conveniently outsourced to designated spokespeople in media and that sublimated freedom of speech is perceived by most as some sort of free and open discussion.

What on Earth are you talking about? Not sure how you define "radical" but the evangelicals and other conservative christian sects (all the ones that have political influence) are hardly radical. And we talk about religion and politics all the time in this country, they're not taboo subjects in the slightest.
post #2019 of 2656
Quote:
Originally Posted by munchausen View Post


You will never solve any problems by putting your head in the sand and refusing to notice patterns. Yes Christian terrorism and non-religious terrorism exists but to act like Islam isn't a problem completely out of proportion to these is just willful blindness. Not sure why Europeans are so afraid to admit this (maybe all those laws against "racist" crime think) but you are going to pay and keep paying until you get this shit through your heads.

Again never said any of that and most europeans outside of left wing politics are fully aware of the problem and want the politicians to get a grip. Lets talk again when Trump gets elected. wink.gif
post #2020 of 2656
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCal View Post

What on Earth are you talking about? Not sure how you define "radical" but the evangelicals and other conservative christian sects (all the ones that have political influence) are hardly radical. And we talk about religion and politics all the time in this country, they're not taboo subjects in the slightest.

And if evangies are "radical christians" then that just reinforces the point that radical christians are not anything like radical muslims.
post #2021 of 2656
Quote:
Originally Posted by Medwed View Post

Talking about religion or politics also is a HUGE taboo in US despite all the First Amendment lip service. I'd like to point out to our US friends that the fact that you hear all Religion and Political propaganda from TV while you cannot say a word about the same topics outside of your kitchen does not constitute freedom of speech.

That's not what "Freedom of speech" means.
post #2022 of 2656
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCal View Post

What on Earth are you talking about? Not sure how you define "radical" but the evangelicals and other conservative christian sects (all the ones that have political influence) are hardly radical. And we talk about religion and politics all the time in this country, they're not taboo subjects in the slightest.

"Radical" is in the eye of the beholder, so no point of debating this.
However you seem to be in the majority of US populace who think that because designated Media spokesmen spew some nonsense about religion or politics it makes you somehow part of that debate. You are no more part of political debate than you are one of the friends on "Friends" sitcom.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibonius View Post

That's not what "Freedom of speech" means.

Yeah, let's get into Constitutional debate about it to deflect the reality.
post #2023 of 2656
Quote:
Originally Posted by Medwed View Post


Yeah, let's get into Constitutional debate about it to deflect the reality.

What reality is that, supposedly? It's not some arcane point of Constitutional law that "Freedom of speech" only applies government censorship, not social norms.


Also, this supposedly huge taboo is...not. That's a guide to polite cocktail party conversation, not some overwhelming rule of society. People talk about politics constantly.
post #2024 of 2656
Quote:
Originally Posted by Find Finn View Post

You were using arguments about something, which only has happened in Syria, so apples and apples. Its not like people are getting thrown of roofs in the middle of Paris.


This looks like a helluva lot more than a few thousand. (I know its Vice and shit source)




In the end it's a mentality issue and not a sectarian one and a matter of the willing and the unwilling, sadly a large part of the migrants whom have come to Europe are in the later group.

I'm no doctor but those babies don't look real to me.
post #2025 of 2656
Quote:
Originally Posted by Medwed View Post


Yeah, let's get into Constitutional debate about it to deflect the reality.
If you're going to use a particular term of art, you have no grounds to be all butthurt when someone points out you used it wrong.

Aside from Gibonious' point about "freedom of speech" , you broader point is nonsense. People talk about politics and religion here all the fucking time. In the kitchen, outside the kitchen, on Facebook, standing in line at Starbucks, out drinking with friends, at work, waiting to pick up kids from soccer practice, etc.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Current Events, Power and Money
Styleforum › Forums › General › Current Events, Power and Money › Migrants, Immigrants, Refugees, and Aliens in Euro-Zone