or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › General › Current Events, Power and Money › Migrants, Immigrants, Refugees, and Aliens in Euro-Zone
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Migrants, Immigrants, Refugees, and Aliens in Euro-Zone - Page 97

post #1441 of 2656
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibonius View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by moltoelegante View Post

Lots of people have been fired for simply stating the truth, a truth that happens to contradict the lefty agenda. Example:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2853855/Scientist-discovered-DNA-forced-sell-Nobel-prize-shunned-inflammatory-race-comments.html

Watson has always been a rabble rousing asshole, he just pushed one bridge too far with that series of comments. He's objectively wrong and has a pretty well known history of making racist comments. Too fucking bad for him.

but all he did was state it, the truth
post #1442 of 2656
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibonius View Post

He's objectively wrong

 

Actually, he's not. All the data I've seen backs him up. But right on queue, you came along to assassinate his character for stating a simple fact. Disgusting, and a perfect example of left-wing MO.

post #1443 of 2656
Quote:
Originally Posted by moltoelegante View Post

Actually, he's not. All the data I've seen backs him up. But right on queue, you came along to assassinate his character for stating a simple fact. Disgusting, and a perfect example of left-wing MO.

I have no dog in this fight. Can you please post the data that backs him up?
post #1444 of 2656
Quote:
Originally Posted by tesseract View Post


I have no dog in this fight. Can you please post the data that backs him up?

 

Well, there is a famous book "The Bell Curve" (1994) which you should look at, which is all about this.

Or the famous Rushton & Jensen study: http://psychology.uwo.ca/faculty/rushtonpdfs/PPPL1.pdf

Or you can look up US Army statistics on IQ (with a sample size in the millions, I believe), or many other sources.

post #1445 of 2656
I want to put out there that I never offered my thoughts are 100% explanatory or that 100% of the SJW victims are right of center. I was pretty careful to qualify things to allow for other situations. I did say "disparate" more than once though to indicate I think this phenomena is indeed disparate. Nothing anyone has said here has dissuaded me from this notion, and since none of us have been able to provide aggregated data, I'm sticking with my perceived disparate impact. Obviously our personal filters will influence our personal conclusions until some actual data is generated.

Along this this line is sort of like how the dominant SJW school of thought was always that diversity = good. In fact, diversity = the moral. Then noted liberal Robert Putnam decides to study it to prove this and instead proves the opposite...much to his discomfort and chagrin.
post #1446 of 2656
Thread Starter 
Being racist and sexist is the new civil rights movement of our time.
post #1447 of 2656
Quote:
Originally Posted by moltoelegante View Post

Actually, he's not. All the data I've seen backs him up. But right on queue, you came along to assassinate his character for stating a simple fact. Disgusting, and a perfect example of left-wing MO.

Gotta be a leftist, if I disagree with Watson's rants.


I'm pretty happy settling on the general expert opinion on Watson's comments.
Quote:
"The comments, which were attributed to Dr. James Watson earlier this week in the London Times, are wrong, from every point of view — not the least of which is that they are completely inconsistent with the body of research literature in this area. Scientific prestige is never a substitute for knowledge. As scientists, we are outraged and saddened when science is used to perpetuate prejudice."

Elias A. Zerhouni, M.D.
Director, National Institutes of Health

Combine that with his utter lack of background in that subject, his general crankish nature over the last 40 years, and it's pretty easy to discount him and see it as pretty conventional racism.
post #1448 of 2656
If we start holding Nobel winners to the concept that just because you have a Nobel doesn't mean you know everything about everything, and that what you say on topics outside your field of expertise should not necessarily be taken as pure fucking gospel, how are people like Krugman going to be relevant? confused.gif
post #1449 of 2656
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post

If we start holding Nobel winners to the concept that just because you have a Nobel doesn't mean you know everything about everything, and that what you say on topics outside your field of expertise should not necessarily be taken as pure fucking gospel, how are people like Krugman going to be relevant? confused.gif
biggrin.gif
post #1450 of 2656
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibonius View Post

Watson has always been a rabble rousing asshole, he just pushed one bridge too far with that series of comments. He's objectively wrong and has a pretty well known history of making racist comments. Too fucking bad for him.

What he says is pretty much compatible with IQ map of countries, according to that on avg the most intelligent are Asians then whites then blacks. Maybe it has to do something with education system more than race characteristics but it's not an outlandish claim to make given the evidence. Anyway Asians have smallest dicks on average, so it's an acceptable trade off. IQ data by country - https://iq-research.org/en/page/average-iq-by-country 6 Asian countries in top10, bottom 10 all black.

My personal theory is that, the more mathematical education you get the more you will score on IQ test. Or even the more IQ tests you take the better you will do. Since it will teach you to approach problems in certain way. I doubt kids in Africa are thought abstract thinking, if they are lucky to get any education at all. So I don't think the differences in IQ are that big. Anyway there are well documented IQ differences between men and women(men more likely to be idiots or geniuses, sure you';ve heard about it). So why they can't be differences between the races as well? Maybe it's not very productive to look for them but human races have different traits it's not some far fetched idea.

Maybe we should bow down to our Asian overlords.
Edited by wojt - 12/15/15 at 11:47pm
post #1451 of 2656
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lighthouse View Post

Being racist and sexist is the new civil rights movement of our time.

That is how couples learn to trust each other; by showing your most racist side to your loved one....foo.gif
post #1452 of 2656
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibonius View Post

Elias A. Zerhouni, M.D.
Director, National Institutes of Health

 

So you'd rather ignore all the data and a Nobel Prize winner and world-leading expert on genetics and believe a public servant's "opinion" with zero data to back it up? Dear Lord, one is born every minute.

post #1453 of 2656
Quote:
Originally Posted by moltoelegante View Post

So you'd rather ignore all the data and a Nobel Prize winner and world-leading expert on genetics and believe a public servant's "opinion" with zero data to back it up? Dear Lord, one is born every minute.

Watson is a well known asshole and he got in trouble for saying asshole stuff. Boo hoo.

If he wanted to publish research on the subject, he had every opportunity to do that and no journal would have turned down novel work from a Nobel winner. He chose to use his Nobel as a soap box instead, said dumb shit that went way past any residual credibility he had in the community, and he got burned for it.

The article from Science sums it up pretty well. It's not about having controversial opinions, it's about being an asshole and going way beyond the realm of evidence-based argument.
post #1454 of 2656
that's a good point though
post #1455 of 2656
I know some very smart, pretty data driven people that say Murray's Bell Curve offers empirical proof of racial differences in average IQ (or some similar summary of the work). I've never read the book but I have read a "take down" or two of it and those always seemed like pleas to emotion.

Do any of our actual scientists here have a take down on his data?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Current Events, Power and Money
Styleforum › Forums › General › Current Events, Power and Money › Migrants, Immigrants, Refugees, and Aliens in Euro-Zone